• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Would you say "Merry Christmas" to a Jewish person?

You should try to pay attention. I don't "deny Christmas" - I just told you I say "Merry Christmas" to Christians. I just think it's odd to say it to non-Christians. Please try to focus.
I understand you perfectly well, it is you who do not understand me, my very mortal friend.

You are denying Christmas or are ashamed of it. I have had friends and or aquaintances of almost every religion under the Sun ...........most I have found really enjoy our pleasure in Christmas and wish us a Merry one, as I have enjoyed theirs in their respective Feasts of Love, those who do not are ungenerous souls and not worth worrying about.

Bugsy McGurk

President
I understand you perfectly well, it is you who do not understand me, my very mortal friend.

You are denying Christmas or are ashamed of it. I have had friends and or aquaintances of almost every religion under the Sun ...........most I have found really enjoy our pleasure in Christmas and wish us a Merry one, as I have enjoyed theirs in their respective Feasts of Love, those who do not are ungenerous souls and not worth worrying about.
You're still not paying attention.

Renee

Governor
this conversation sounds like a bunch of Republicans.

Renee made a "cute remark" about me not having Muslim or Jewish friends.. I don't ask people what their religion is or is not. None of my business. ...

How many here have a lot of Muslim and Jewish friends? Ok, picking a random number...10 friends that are Muslim or Jewish. How many times of the year do you see these people? During Christmas how many times will see them?

Ok, you have some close friends that are Jewish or Muslims... if you are uncomfortable on what to say, ask them.

You folks must not have anything to do...
I wasn't being "cute"...you said you didn't know any Jewish people and I found that odd and that is why I asked where you lived. You didn't say Jewish "friends."

Where I live has nothing to do with it either. In my circle of friends, we all know each other's religion. Are any of those Jews or Muslims...no. Does that mean anything...no. Could that change tomorrow...yes. If a Jew or Muslim joined my circle of friends, their religion or lack of, wouldn't be a problem. In this part of the world, most people say, Merry Christmas. Oh, do I know some Jewish or Muslim people...sure,. but, they are not close friends...

Ben Arnold

Council Member
Christmas is a Christian holy day, but it isn't the "birthday" of Jesus. That day wouldn't occur in Winter, according to everything that is known about the Christ myth.

Have you ever considered how many of our most famous Christmas songs and movies were written and produced by Jews?

Happy Holidays!
Correct. Pagan winter solstice festival.

NightSwimmer

Senator
I wasn't being "cute"...you said you didn't know any Jewish people and I found that odd and that is why I asked where you lived. You didn't say Jewish "friends."

I know that Cotton lives in Mississippi. There aren't a lot of Jewish folks in Mississippi. It is what it is.

Ben Arnold

Council Member
Of course Christmas is the Winter Solstice holiday. That makes it even more important than if it was merely another Christian Holy Day. Christmas is special to humans, whether it be for the Holly and the Ivy or for the innocent babe in a manger.
Innocent my ass! Little fucker stained and stains still every one of the little miracles he creates if we do the horizontal mambo.

Renee

Governor
Of course Christmas is the Winter Solstice holiday. That makes it even more important than if it was merely another Christian Holy Day. Christmas is special to humans, whether it be for the Holly and the Ivy or for the innocent babe in a manger.
,mainly for Santa Claus

NightSwimmer

Senator
That makes sense.....I don't know any native Americans personally. It's geographical
It is indeed. I would not likely have known any Jewish people myself, had they not been drawn into my little backwoods by opportunities presented by multi-national corporations who happened to be located there. So then, I must assume that even the "evil" multinational corporations accidentally do some good via their very existence -- so what if it is by accident? ;)

Ben Arnold

Council Member
I am a Jewish Native American,,we are part of the shmohawks. (Forgive me)
No need. My mother was as captured shmohawk squaw so I'm half-breed schlamazlaquios - shmohawk and you have no idea how overbearing those shmosquaw mothers can be.