• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

YEP ! Puerto Rico Whitefish deal was another Trumpist scam.

Spamature

President
They were going to rob those disaster victims blind

The Lineman Got $63 an Hour. The Utility Was Billed $319 an Hour.

SAN JUAN — The small energy outfit from Montana that won a $300 million contract to help rebuild Puerto Rico’s tattered power grid had few employees of its own, so it did what the Puerto Rican authorities could have done: It turned to Florida for workers.

For their trouble, the six electrical workers from Kissimmee are earning $42 an hour, plus overtime. The senior power linemen from Lakeland are earning $63 an hour working in Puerto Rico, the Florida utility said. Their 40 co-workers from Jacksonville, also linemen, are making up to $100 earning double time, public records show.

But the Montana company that hired the workers, Whitefish Energy Holdings, had a contract that allowed it to bill the Puerto Rican public power company, known as Prepa, $319 an hour for linemen, a rate that industry experts said was far above the norm even for emergency work — and almost 17 times the average salary of their counterparts in Puerto Rico

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/12/us/whitefish-energy-holdings-prepa-hurricane-recovery-corruption-hurricane-recovery-in-puerto-rico.html

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Thanks for proving to readers you've never hired employees, know nothing about workman comp, insurance or cost of equipment needed to do said work.......(should I add matching SS)..................of course you know nothing of operating a business, that's clear to see.

Plus....it was ONLY company that took the job without money up front and you're so wise, surely you know PR known for NOT paying what they owe...

Why didn't PR hire PR's to do the work?

Spamature

President
Thanks for proving to readers you've never hired employees, know nothing about workman comp, insurance or cost of equipment needed to do said work.......(should I add matching SS)..................of course you know nothing of operating a business, that's clear to see.

Plus....it was ONLY company that took the job without money up front and you're so wise, surely you know PR known for NOT paying what they owe...

Shut up and quit making a fool of yourself.

The Whitefish contract has been particularly problematic.

The Army Corps of Engineers, which is overseeing power restoration in Puerto Rico, did not hire Whitefish because its prices were more than double what the agency considered reasonable, according to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

“They are paying $3 million for hotels and $80 a day each for food,” said Johnny Rodríguez Ortiz, president of the organization of retired electrical workers in Puerto Rico. “I just had lunch with my wife, and it cost me $14.”

Prepa agreed to pay Whitefish three times the going rate for aviation fuel, and about double what a helicopter specially equipped for transmission line construction should cost, according to industry insiders and people with knowledge of the Whitefish contract. The company is also billing about $4,000 an hour to rent a helicopter; companies that specialize in transmission line construction said that price is more than double what they charge

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
again, thanks for proving to readers you have never operated a Business and have no idea what cost of employees is above wages.........

Per-denim @$80 a day is low if I was working in PR..........."lunch w/wife $14".what, they only suppose to eat one meal a day..........what did they eat____?..............hell, here at home, America breakfast with Tip averages $10, lunch with Tip $15+ and dinner w/tip easily $40+........

I understand you want me to "shut up" and stop making you look stupidly.......

not going to happen, you not man enough to make me "shut up"

Tell readers cost of unemployment ins and workman comp is_______GO

Spamature

President
again, thanks for proving to readers you have never operated a Business and have no idea what cost of employees is above wages.........

Per-denim @$80 a day is low if I was working in PR..........."lunch w/wife $14".what, they only suppose to eat one meal a day..........what did they eat____?..............hell, here at home, America breakfast with Tip averages $10, lunch with Tip $15+ and dinner w/tip easily $40+........

I understand you want me to "shut up" and stop making you look stupidly.......

not going to happen, you not man enough to make me "shut up"

Tell readers cost of unemployment ins and workman comp is_______GO
Again

The Army Corps of Engineers, which is overseeing power restoration in Puerto Rico, did not hire Whitefish because its prices were more than double what the agency considered reasonable, according to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.

Keep showing people you have no idea that Puerto Rico is in America you.
or cost of equipment needed to do said work.......
One more time

three times the going rate for aviation fuel, and about double what a helicopter specially equipped for transmission line construction should cost, according to industry insiders and people with knowledge of the Whitefish contract. The company is also billing about $4,000 an hour to rent a helicopter; companies that specialize in transmission line construction said that price is more than double what they charge.

Once again you side with the Deplorable.

Hahahahaha !!!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Again

Keep showing people you have no idea that Puerto Rico is in America you.

One more time

three times the going rate for aviation fuel, and about double what a helicopter specially equipped for transmission line construction should cost, according to industry insiders and people with knowledge of the Whitefish contract. The company is also billing about $4,000 an hour to rent a helicopter; companies that specialize in transmission line construction said that price is more than double what they charge.

Once again you side with the Deplorable.

Hahahahaha !!!
PR is NOT in America..............keep posting your stupidity..........

once again you prove your ignorance of facts

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
It will be in the next election when the people your incompetent crooks tried to rip off and abandon move to the mainland and vote in the upcoming election.

The Daily 202: Trump’s Katrina? Influx of Puerto Ricans after Hurricane Maria could tip Florida toward Democrats.
Exactly what Obama planned......Soros.....bring enough refuges and welfare votes to America............oh well...........make America a pig-sty........make liberals happy.........Florida so close to 3rd world country as California.....let'em eat dirt!

Constitutional Sheepdog

][][][%er!!!!!!!

SAN JUAN — The small energy outfit from Montana that won a $300 million contract to help rebuild Puerto Rico’s tattered power grid had few employees of its own, so it did what the Puerto Rican authorities could have done: It turned to Florida for workers.

For their trouble, the six electrical workers from Kissimmee are earning $42 an hour, plus overtime. The senior power linemen from Lakeland are earning $63 an hour working in Puerto Rico, the Florida utility said. Their 40 co-workers from Jacksonville, also linemen, are making up to $100 earning double time, public records show.

But the Montana company that hired the workers, Whitefish Energy Holdings, had a contract that allowed it to bill the Puerto Rican public power company, known as Prepa, $319 an hour for linemen, a rate that industry experts said was far above the norm even for emergency work — and almost 17 times the average salary of their counterparts in Puerto Rico

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/12/us/whitefish-energy-holdings-prepa-hurricane-recovery-corruption-hurricane-recovery-in-puerto-rico.html
FYI for the terminally insane pathological liar, Purto Rico gave the contract to them not anyone from the Trump administration. Do you think the only cost is what it takes to pay the field worker? lol

justoffal

Senator

OMG....you beat me to the punch....the rates are not bad considering the massive liability policy they must have had to take to satisfy commonwealth requirements for contract labor...union labor notwithstanding. I'll guarantee you that a good ten percent of that rate was an agency fee paid to The local hack unions.....in fact Ill bet my left foot on it.

The wages are about right for that kind of labor too....60 bucks and 100 bucks overtime rate at double.

It's amazing how much of a Republican Bugs actually is without realizing it eh? Now suddenly he wants to get a bargain rate for his money....but when it comes to the ACA the sky is the limit on cost right? Bwahahaha...pretty funny stuff.

JO

justoffal

Senator
FYI for the terminally insane pathological liar, Purto Rico gave the contract to them not anyone from the Trump administration. Do you think the only cost is what it takes to pay the field worker? lol
What that moron is missing is the long history of organized theft that happens down there in PR.... If the rates were inflated they were inflated so that the Kick back could flow like a mutha.

The truth is however that 30o bucks/hr for covered, insured and bonded labor isn't that bad. I've see it up as high as 500/hour here on campus for the high tension stuff....half of it is insurance from what I have been told and a good part of it is the licensing and permitting also ...another angle that the Dems have reveled in.

JO

justoffal

Senator

Two reasons....

1.) Incorrect level of expertise
2.) The kick back to the crooked PR politicians would be much bigger with off shore money.

D

Deleted member 21794

You clearly have no business experience whatsoever. Let me assist you. Let's use an electrician as an example. Many residential electricians work on a pay plan like this: they get 25% of everything. The employer charges $150 per hour, the electrician gets $37.50. They charge the customer $10.00 for a switch that costs $2.50, the electrician gets $2.50.

There's literally no story here, other than you once again highlighting your complete and total ignorance on anything business-related.

Oh I love the "according to industry experts". What a shame the media has become so incredible, statements like that are to be laughed at rather than considered part of the equation.

Furthermore, it was the Puerto Rican government that chose to sign this contract.

D

Deleted member 21794

Poor Spamature.... figures if the lineman makes $50 per hour, there's no reason the company should charge the customer more than $52 per hour to cover the overhead. I love it when leftists volunteer to make fools of themselves.

Spamature

President
You clearly have no business experience whatsoever. Let me assist you. Let's use an electrician as an example. Many residential electricians work on a pay plan like this: they get 25% of everything. The employer charges $150 per hour, the electrician gets $37.50. They charge the customer $10.00 for a switch that costs $2.50, the electrician gets $2.50.

There's literally no story here, other than you once again highlighting your complete and total ignorance on anything business-related.

Oh I love the "according to industry experts". What a shame the media has become so incredible, statements like that are to be laughed at rather than considered part of the equation.

Furthermore, it was the Puerto Rican government that chose to sign this contract.
Two reasons....

1.) Incorrect level of expertise
2.) The kick back to the crooked PR politicians would be much bigger with off shore money.
and there is always Haiti and who got the gold mining rights because the Clinton foundation did the picking.
Let's just wait until the investigation is done.

[URL='http://thehill.com/homenews/news/357818-fbi-investigating-whitefish-energy-deal']FBI investigating Whitefish deal: report | TheHill[/URL]