• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

You are a partisan hack if...

Spamature

President
You are a partisan hack if you continue to vote for politicians who change their opinion on camera depending which party they are talking about. For instance when a politician says a supreme court judge should not be chosen by a president during an election year. But then when a president of the same party has a supreme court judge to pick in an election year you then say its ok.

You are a partisan hack if you think an impeachment with votes from only one party is legit.

You are a partisan hack if you think a senate trial on impeachment should not have witnesses. Either dismiss the impeachment of have the witnesses.

At this point if you belong to either pathetic political party and thus your vote is not earned, then you are a partisan hack and part of the problem.

Please add to the list. You are a partisan hack if...

If you read this, respond with whether or not you are a partisan hack.

I (SW48) am not a partisan hack.
Wait ? So you aren't supposed to make up your own mind from witnesses, and testimony. You are supposed to make your decision on how political party members vote when they are voting purely in the interest of their party.

Also you're a political hack because you vote a the candidate you think would do the best job in your state or district regardless of how that person addresses this specific topic ?

I will say this.

If you can understand how terrible what is happening in the senate right now with the actually rigging of a trial in front of the entire world and you defend it.

YOU ARE A PARTISAN HACK and much worse. Because you are cheering on the destruction of the most basic structure of this Democratic Republic and turning it to Banana Republic.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
You are a partisan hack if you continue to vote for politicians who change their opinion on camera depending which party they are talking about. For instance when a politician says a supreme court judge should not be chosen by a president during an election year. But then when a president of the same party has a supreme court judge to pick in an election year you then say its ok.

You are a partisan hack if you think an impeachment with votes from only one party is legit.

You are a partisan hack if you think a senate trial on impeachment should not have witnesses. Either dismiss the impeachment of have the witnesses.

At this point if you belong to either pathetic political party and thus your vote is not earned, then you are a partisan hack and part of the problem.

Self-assessment:
I am more a philosophical/ideological/ethical/faith-driven hack than a "partisan" one. For example, I have no hesitation whatsoever in observing that Trump is an intemperate, boastful, blowhard billionaire playboy who lies. His personal moral conduct is historically shameful. Mitch McConnell needs to take the marbles out of his mouth, I routinely refer to Lindsey Graham as "she", and I couldn't stand McCain, Boehner, or Romney.

Nonetheless, because I continue to recognize the very real fact that the modern left is the signature enemy to liberty, pluralist order, and free enterprise... those folks revel in dishonesty and enjoy calling me some sort of Trump supporter and pro-GOP guy. I vote Libertarian. I don't suffer control freaks well. If there were a true party of "Leave me the h*ll alone", I'd be a charter member.

All of the above stated, I freely admit that the left is far, far and away the greater target of my scorn and this shall continue. And if a guy dressed as a girl tries to enter the ladies' room when my daughter is in there, he shall know the depth of my convictions. I don't need the state coercing everything from bathroom use to soda cup sizing. I certainly don't need government taking away my right to use a straw with the drink I paid for while it hands out plastic syringes to druggies who paid for nothing.

So, I'll accept the description of ideological and religious "hack" with gladness. I'm in the tank for liberty and Christ. Both the Republican and Democratic Parties are worthless.

Spamature

President
Self-assessment:
I am more a philosophical/ideological/ethical/faith-driven hack than a "partisan" one. For example, I have no hesitation whatsoever in observing that Trump is an intemperate, boastful, blowhard billionaire playboy who lies. His personal moral conduct is historically shameful. Mitch McConnell needs to take the marbles out of his mouth, I routinely refer to Lindsey Graham as "she", and I couldn't stand McCain, Boehner, or Romney.

Nonetheless, because I continue to recognize the very real fact that the modern left is the signature enemy to liberty, pluralist order, and free enterprise... those folks revel in dishonesty and enjoy calling me some sort of Trump supporter and pro-GOP guy. I vote Libertarian. I don't suffer control freaks well. If there were a true party of "Leave me the h*ll alone", I'd be a charter member.

All of the above stated, I freely admit that the left is far, far and away the greater target of my scorn and this shall continue. And if a guy dressed as a girl tries to enter the ladies' room when my daughter is in there, he shall know the depth of my convictions. I don't need the state coercing everything from bathroom use to soda cup sizing. I certainly don't need government taking away my right to use a straw with the drink I paid for while it hands out plastic syringes to druggies who paid for nothing.

So, I'll accept the description of ideological and religious "hack" with gladness. I'm in the tank for liberty and Christ. Both the Republican and Democratic Parties are worthless.
But what if you are wrong ?

Boltlady

Mayor

Without going into all of your posits I will comment on one of them. "You are a partisan hack if you think a senate trial on impeachment should not have witnesses. Either dismiss the impeachment of have the witnesses."

Witnesses were had where they were needed, that was in the House impeachment investigation. The investigation having then been done the results were turned over to the Senate for adjudication as is standard procedure. If after reviewing all of the information presented the Senators feel that they cannot come up with answers they can be committed to, they would then take a vote to request more information through the calling of more witnesses on both sides. That would be the proper way to handle the situation.

If this procedure highlights the inadequate handling of their part by the House then so be it.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Wait ? So you aren't supposed to make up your own mind from witnesses, and testimony. You are supposed to make your decision on how political party members vote when they are voting purely in the interest of their party.

Also you're a political hack because you vote a the candidate you think would do the best job in your state or district regardless of how that person addresses this specific topic ?

I will say this.

If you can understand how terrible what is happening in the senate right now with the actually rigging of a trial in front of the entire world and you defend it.

YOU ARE A PARTISAN HACK and much worse. Because you are cheering on the destruction of the most basic structure of this Democratic Republic and turning it to Banana Republic.
You forgot to answer if you are a partisan hack or not?

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Without going into all of your posits I will comment on one of them. "You are a partisan hack if you think a senate trial on impeachment should not have witnesses. Either dismiss the impeachment of have the witnesses."

Witnesses were had where they were needed, that was in the House impeachment investigation. The investigation having then been done the results were turned over to the Senate for adjudication as is standard procedure. If after reviewing all of the information presented the Senators feel that they cannot come up with answers they can be committed to, they would then take a vote to request more information through the calling of more witnesses on both sides. That would be the proper way to handle the situation.

If this procedure highlights the inadequate handling of their part by the House then so be it.
you forgot to answer if you are a partisan hack or not?

Marcus Aurelius

Governor
Supporting Member

I will say this.

If you can understand how terrible what happened in the House investigation with the complete denial of due process for the President and complete partisan hackery in front of the entire world and you defend it.

YOU ARE A PARTISAN HACK and much worse. Because you are cheering on the destruction of the most basic structure of this Democratic Republic and turning it to Banana Republic.... the presumption of innocent until proven guilty. The liberals turned it into 'Prove you are innocent or you are guilty'.

Boltlady

Mayor
Self-assessment:

Honesty is quite rare theses days. It is refreshing to see that there are still a few who will state how they really feel. Kudos.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

You are a partisan hack if you are a Democrat.
I am not a partisan hack.

Nutty Cortez

Dummy (D) NY
It just isn't human to believe everything a politician on your "side" tells you. You are brainwashed. Brainwashing is bad and leads to what we are seeing in todays politics.

Yep. Voting for someone with a certain letter after their name - no matter whom it is- is exactly that.

Spamature

President
you forgot to answer if you are a partisan hack or not?
In my opinion the key ingredient that makes someone a partisan is picking a side and advocating for that position. Yes, I have definitely taken a side in the political discussion and I do advocate for one side as opposed to the the other. But I consider the hack part to reflect the insincerity used to hide ones motivations. I don't think I hide my motivations or that I am insincere. Because one thing I do here is that I do my best to be honest.

And as for picking a side. In my mind I saw a long time ago where things were going. When I saw part of the country advocating for the lie that was the Iraq war, and using the dead from 9/11 to bring it about, then take no responsibility for the disaster they brought about. When I watched them cheer an economic bubble than then blame the poor people and minorities when it collapsed. Just watching the way the other side has manipulated the uninformed year after year with blatant lies. It was not hard for me to pick a side.

Spamature

President
Wrong about what? Being a conservative libertarian Christian? Wrong that both major parties are terrible? Or wrong that liberty, individualism, and free enterprise are to be championed?
When you talk about pluralist order. I think yeah, that exactly what was done with by liberals during the civil rights movement and how they were labeled as out of town troublemakers. In that bit of hindsight the pluralist order was the enemy of freedom, and I am very glad they were the opponents of it.

When I think of the words of Jesus I say he would have made the Communist blush with his statements anti materialism, and that he would see current Christians as prideful strangers who turned a deaf ear to the heart of his message.

Right now I am working my way through a book titled Why they do it. I think it's a good commentary on the slippery slope between free enterprise and plain old criminal conduct. How easy it was for them to slide from one to the other and hard it was for them to realize they had done so. In every case so far was about ego and the need to see themselves as something smarter and better than the system that surrounded them, rather than creatures of it. It makes it easy to see how the pursuit of enterprise to obtain the intangible things inside of themselves through it was their real downfall.

I think individualism is a fair weather sociological myth. In the bad times, soldiers at war, survivors of a large disaster or any other huge unrest, people are drawn together. I think that aspect is rooted in use since hominids were swinging in trees. That is our true survival mechanism embedded in our nature.

While Trump may certainly be all of the things you describe. I think first and foremost he is a mentally ill individual. I think it has been of full display since very early in his campaign. I think much of his behavior reflects the fact that he has a serious personality disorder. I think the real fault lays with the people and groups who would accept the trade off between his illness for their agenda.

This leads me to the two parties both being terrible. I think okra and arsenic are both terrible. But it I have to choose between the two I'll take okra thank you.

Spamature

President
If you can understand how terrible what happened in the House investigation with the complete denial of due process for the President and complete partisan hackery in front of the entire world and you defend it.

YOU ARE A PARTISAN HACK and much worse. Because you are cheering on the destruction of the most basic structure of this Democratic Republic and turning it to Banana Republic.... the presumption of innocent until proven guilty. The liberals turned it into 'Prove you are innocent or you are guilty'.
They were not denied due process. Quit telling that lie. During the closed door hearing (which were conducted under the rules created by Republicans) both sides had equal time and ability to question the witnesses. And no the accused does not get to question witnesses or have his lawyers present when investigators question witnesses. If investigation worked that way there would be no mob convictions and a huge increase in people found at the bottom of the nearest river in cement galoshes.

During the actual impeachment hearing he REFUSE to participate. Were they supposed to cancel the hearing if he wouldn't defend himself against the charges ?

I am not on the jury. I am a member of the public, not a member of the jury, and from what I have seen in the evidence and this attempt to make sure the jury does not see it during trial, along with the fact they admit he did exactly what they say he did, but it's not a crime. I have no other choice than to think he is guilty.

Why don't you think he's guilty ?