• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

You can't always get what you want...

Funny how both come from the same source on the idea of wants and needs and being unsatisfied. I wonder if it was a personal complaint rooted in their wealth.

or

No it was nothing to do with wealth ( taxes here were in the 90% at that point and they were broke) but it was to do with the expectations of the time.

Had anyone, before the wars, thought what they wanted went above all else? Well may be but duty and right and convention etc ruled - 'we' did not have the lux of even contemplating the possibility that our wants were a priority --- anyone who went after them before were outcastes or really lucky.

I don'r know but I expect that I am not alone, in here, on having seen three generations back and in seeing three generations forward -

What worries me most about the generations which have followed me is that they do not ask why any more..... that they are not curious.

ps I was at that concert --- if you hear 'turn up the volume Mike!' it was me --------- :)

Fu'ck off Twickenham --- it is a rugby stadium in the middle of bloody suburbia and the sound level was not allowed ( bye laws) to go above a certain pitch --- it was so quiet that when I shouted out 'turn up the sound Mike' he even stopped and blushed and yes, so he should - shame on him --- as much as I love me a bit o' Mike Jagger - they have all sold out!

The last Stones concert was at the new Hammers ( Mill Wall ) stadium --- and yup, I shouted out 'Up the Hammers' and yup - everyone said ssshhhhh - It ain't rock and roll anymore. In the past they were held on foot ball pitches - we bought tickets and just piled in - the toughest to the front and it was fun on the way - now they PAY fuckin' money to be in the front ----- excuse me? EXCUSE ME!

We were a good generation - the last of the best - but not stroung enough to take the following forward -- or where we?

Even though you are now in America - the Normans !!! The bastard Normans are still our rulers - you and I - they have even stolen our music