• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

You can't say the n-word but you can...

... burn the flag. Pretty interesting leftist double standard really. According to the left this 4th of July - America was never great.

View attachment 54242

View attachment 54243

That isn't a double standard. It's a choice people make. They choose to not use the N word, they choose to burn the flag. The government is going to throw you in jail for either, The consequences for doing either fall on a social level.

That isn't a double standard. It's a choice people make. They choose to not use the N word, they choose to burn the flag. The government is going to throw you in jail for either, The consequences for doing either fall on a social level.
They aren't throwing people in for either as of yet. They should only throw the flag burners in jail unless they burn the flag in a safe fashion. Say in a park on a BBQ grill. Not in the middle of a street or hanging from a street light with scores of weak minded people milling around and watching. Flag burners are just a bunch MEANIEs.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Who has ever been thrown in jail for using the "N" word? You'll only be thrown in jail for burning someone else's flag. If it is yours, feel free. I don't see that it gains you anything, much like the looters at any of the demonstrations....What support you might have gotten by appealing to someone's sensibilities...you'd lose by the use of vandalism.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
The government can't throw you in jail for either, why even post such BS? If government throw you in jail for using the N word all rappers would be in jail.

Burn a flag in front of me and government is going to put ME in jail.

UPNYA2

Mayor
The point being made was merely the double standard.

Not the government, but the social level thing.

Look, name me someone you/we may have seen, read or heard about losing their jobs because of using the dreaded "N" word somewhere at some point in time and it getting out of social media, raised hell about until their employers out of fear of losing revenue, end up just firing them to avoid the attacks of a bunch of "protestors"?

Then name some flag burners who received the same treatment from the same protestors and employers.

Double standard by fukin' definition my liberal friend, deal with it...

The point being made was merely the double standard.

Not the government, but the social level thing.

Look, name me someone you/we may have seen, read or heard about losing their jobs because of using the dreaded "N" word somewhere at some point in time and it getting out of social media, raised hell about until their employers out of fear of losing revenue, end up just firing them to avoid the attacks of a bunch of "protestors"?

Then name some flag burners who received the same treatment from the same protestors and employers.

Double standard by fukin' definition my liberal friend, deal with it...
Not all speech is created equally. You can't say two totally different things and expect them to garner the same reactions. That's not how speech works.

UPNYA2

Mayor
Not all speech is created equally. You can't say two totally different things and expect them to garner the same reactions. That's not how speech works.
Sooooooo……..you are saying that there is actually no set standard as to what and what are NOT, "offensive" words?

The each and everyone is equally as entitled to dictate to others which words the can and cannot use based merely upon their own personal "feelings"?

Because THAT my little liberal friend is a bit hard to believe.

I think that you feel more along the lines that only SOME folks get to determine for all, what can and cannot be deemed "offensive".

I'm correct, aren't I? You can say it. You, I and anyone else who may read this knows I am right, you have nothing to gain by refusing to just openly be and accept who you are deep down inside.

Everyone else sees it anyway.

Sooooooo……..you are saying that there is actually no set standard as to what and what are NOT, "offensive" words?
It isn't set by the government. It is set by the social circles you keep.
The each and everyone is equally as entitled to dictate to others which words the can and cannot use based merely upon their own personal "feelings"?
Free speech doesn't mean it's completely free of consequences. There a social and economic levers that can people can pull against speech they find offensive.

Because THAT my little liberal friend is a bit hard to believe.

I think that you feel more along the lines that only SOME folks get to determine for all, what can and cannot be deemed "offensive".

I'm correct, aren't I? You can say it. You, I and anyone else who may read this knows I am right, you have nothing to gain by refusing to just openly be and accept who you are deep down inside.

Everyone else sees it anyway.
He's confused free speech with equal speech. All speech is free speech and "not created equal" speech arises from the content of the character of said speech (I imagine is his point).

So having to clarify @ObamacareForever understanding of what "unequal speech" means exemplifies how his speech doesn't measure up. It is free but lesser speech. ;0)

Last edited:
11% I thought.
11%, 15%, it's not gonna make a difference.
In 2012, I remember some political analyst on the TV saying that if unemployment wasn't below 7% before election day Obama would lose. The 7% standard is probably gotta be lower for Trump given the fact he has to overcome the fact that he is far more unlikeable that Obama was.