• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

You have GOT to be kidding me.

C

Capitalist

Utter baloney. First of all, the subject is hand gestures and their meaning. Secondly, the Coast Guard member made the same gesture Obama has made many, many times. Different meaning? Why?
Next on the chopping block: The "hello" sign.

Clearly these as$holes are making a white power sign.

View attachment 40190This is a "white supremacist" gesture?
Faaaaaark me.... all of my life I thought it was simply an 'ok' signal.

What's worse is that those 'eagle-eyed' spotters not only notice something so insignificant that most people don't even see, they actually take the time to complain, bitch, and moan about it and do so in the midst of a hurricane where the Coast Guard presumably has its hands full HELPING people, but now have to take time out to respond to this kind of BULLSHIT.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/15/us-coast-guard-member-removed-after-making-offensive-ok-sign-on-live-tv.html
I thought it was supposed to be the leftist Satanic 666.

Reactions: Jen

Jen

Senator

What's worse is that those 'eagle-eyed' spotters not only notice something so insignificant that most people don't even see, they actually take the time to complain, bitch, and moan about it and do so in the midst of a hurricane where the Coast Guard presumably has its hands full HELPING people, but now have to take time out to respond to this kind of BULLSHIT.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/15/us-coast-guard-member-removed-after-making-offensive-ok-sign-on-live-tv.html
Oh Lordy.
I thought I had seen everything..........what a bunch of birchin' whiners.

Barbella

Senator
Again, watch the video.

It was clearly an intentional, subtle gesture of some kind. You can debate it’s meaning or his intent all you want, but if you can’t admit at least that much then you’re just being a dishonest doosh.
WTH??? I never said it was UNINTENTIONAL. Where the [Unwelcome language removed] do you see me say, or even hint at, that? Are you crazy?

Reactions: Jen

connieb

Senator

Perhaps they can tell us where this super secret list of hand signals is located to the rest of us normal folk can avoid doing things that can be deemed "flashing a sign".

connieb

Senator
https://www.adl.org/blog/how-the-ok-symbol-became-a-popular-trolling-gesture

White supremacists love it because they scan signal their allegiance while simultaneously deriding anyone who points out what they’re doing.
You link to an article explaining why basically if intentional it's just done to troll lobs, and that most of it is made up to get idiots to buy into the hoax. And then go on about white supremacist as if the whole thing was real? Did you even read the article?

EatTheRich

President
You link to an article explaining why basically if intentional it's just done to troll lobs, and that most of it is made up to get idiots to buy into the hoax. And then go on about white supremacist as if the whole thing was real? Did you even read the article?
Yes. What you missed was the part about how many of those doing it “to troll libs” are actual white supremacists or rightists with white-supremaciist ties.

connieb

Senator
Yes. What you missed was the part about how many of those doing it “to troll libs” are actual white supremacists or rightists with white-supremaciist ties.
lol. I didn't miss that. The author themselves acknowledged that was completely non fact based. It's done to mock you all and you eat it up. It's hilarious.

EatTheRich

President
lol. I didn't miss that. The author themselves acknowledged that was completely non fact based. It's done to mock you all and you eat it up. It's hilarious.
It’s done, as I pointed out, to signal support for other white supremacists, while allowing you to mock those who point it out. Just like when white supremacists deliberately made Pepe the Frog a white suptemacist symbol.

EatTheRich

President
Note that the people who are deliberately making this sign “to troll libs” ... like the Coast Guard guy or the several sheriff’s deputies all doing it in the same picture ... are doing it with the arm and fingers pointing down so they make a “P” (for “[white] power”) with the thumb. It is not the same as the OK sign.

Barbella

Senator
Note that the people who are deliberately making this sign “to troll libs” ... like the Coast Guard guy or the several sheriff’s deputies all doing it in the same picture ... are doing it with the arm and fingers pointing down so they make a “P” (for “[white] power”) with the thumb. It is not the same as the OK sign.
Here are the facts as we know them:

The OK sign does and doesn’t mean white power, a lot of people using it are and aren’t Nazis, Kanye does and doesn’t support Donald Trump, and all of this does and doesn’t matter.

EatTheRich

President
Here are the facts as we know them:

The OK sign does and doesn’t mean white power, a lot of people using it are and aren’t Nazis, Kanye does and doesn’t support Donald Trump, and all of this does and doesn’t matter.
You too posted about it. The military took it seriously enough to discipline the officer making the “WP” sign (not the “OK” sign which is made with a bent elbow and fingers facing up).

Barbella

Senator
You too posted about it. The military took it seriously enough to discipline the officer making the “WP” sign (not the “OK” sign which is made with a bent elbow and fingers facing up).
I top posted about it because

a) the Coast Guard, in the midst of a hurricane relief effort, felt it had to 'remove' a guy for making a hand sign

b) I had to watch the clip 3 times before I even knew wtf the sign even was and who made it

c) It's incomprehensible to me that some people apparently have nothing better to do than 'notice' crap like that and then, even more bizarre, actually take the time to complain about something so damn stupid.

Life must be absolutely GREAT if people have nothing better to worry about than hand signals, and what they may or may not mean.

Barbella

Senator
Huh? Arm and fingers pointing down? ROTFLMAO... one of us is confused... or maybe all of us are...