• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

You just can't keep Americans down for the count.

Gramps

Mayor
The economy is blossoming again, slowly but surely, in most categories. People are buying a tad more than only a year ago. The jobless society is making gains as well, not what we might want to see but at least it's stopped the downward nosedive.

I really don't believe the outcome of this fall's election keeps our future hanging in the balance as much as some people insist it will. I would prefer to see Obama keep the White House and the senate and, perhaps, recover some seats in the house but I still think the economy will continue to recover no matter how the election goes. I do fear that if the GOP does wrest control they will begin to chizel away at programs they shouldn't and keep spending to support the war machine that is crippling our budget. But, if they fail to impress the electorate who decided to put them back in charge they'll be gone in two or four years and we can go back to square one again to try to pick-up the pieces.

It's just like I said. You cannot keep Americans down for the count. You might win a round or two during the conflict but it will go the distance and America will win if by no other reason than a decision when the bell rings ending round 15. What constitutes our "American dream" might change due to necessity but, overall, there'll still be that individual drive to reach the top run of the success ladder that's always driven mister and missus average on the American scene.

Gee, it feels good to say something positive again.

Gramps