• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

You Wonder Why Drug Prices Are So High?

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
It is not because of Obama, or the ACA:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2019/05/13/teva-and-other-generic-drug-makers-accused-price-fixing/1190531001/

A coalition of attorneys general from 43 states and Puerto Rico claim in a federal lawsuit that generic drug manufacturers conspired to fix prices and markets of 114 drugs for both minor infections and chronic diseases such as arthritis, cancer, diabetes and HIV.

The sweeping 510-page lawsuit filed Friday at U.S. District Court in Connecticut alleges Teva, Pfizer, Mylan, and 17 other pharmaceutical companies worked in tandem to create a "fair share" of the generic drug market and avoid price-lowering competition.

The lawsuit also names 15 pharma executives in a price-fixing conspiracy that allegedly overcharged states and consumers billions of dollars.

Congress has sought to lower drug prices through policies that encourage robust competition among generic drug manufacturers.

But Connecticut Attorney General William Tong said investigators have obtained emails. text messages, phone record and accounts from former company insiders that show a years-long effort by generic drugmakers to "fix prices and divide market share."
Cocaine is way overpriced, does Bidens kid get a discount

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It is not because of Obama, or the ACA:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2019/05/13/teva-and-other-generic-drug-makers-accused-price-fixing/1190531001/

A coalition of attorneys general from 43 states and Puerto Rico claim in a federal lawsuit that generic drug manufacturers conspired to fix prices and markets of 114 drugs for both minor infections and chronic diseases such as arthritis, cancer, diabetes and HIV.

The sweeping 510-page lawsuit filed Friday at U.S. District Court in Connecticut alleges Teva, Pfizer, Mylan, and 17 other pharmaceutical companies worked in tandem to create a "fair share" of the generic drug market and avoid price-lowering competition.

The lawsuit also names 15 pharma executives in a price-fixing conspiracy that allegedly overcharged states and consumers billions of dollars.

Congress has sought to lower drug prices through policies that encourage robust competition among generic drug manufacturers.

But Connecticut Attorney General William Tong said investigators have obtained emails. text messages, phone record and accounts from former company insiders that show a years-long effort by generic drugmakers to "fix prices and divide market share."
On the one hand because it costs hundreds of millions if not billions to take a drug from prospective compound to drug to market.

On the other..because there are greedy scum traversing the earth.

OldTrapper

Council Member
On the one hand because it costs hundreds of millions if not billions to take a drug from prospective compound to drug to market.

On the other..because there are greedy scum traversing the earth.
They are talking about generic drugs which have been on the market for years.

Don't any of you bother to read the entire article so you might have a clue as to what is being discussed?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
They are talking about generic drugs which have been on the market for years.

Don't any of you bother to read the entire article so you might have a clue as to what is being discussed?
No, I read it. Generic drugs have multi million costs too....from manufacturing to marketing to all the infrastructure. Though that does not excuse the gouging.

Lighten up

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
No, I read it. Generic drugs have multi million costs too....from manufacturing to marketing to all the infrastructure. Though that does not excuse the gouging.

Lighten up
Nah our system is broken, even for those with insurance as I have.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Nah our system is broken, even for those with insurance as I have.
No shit the system is broken, that doesn't mean that every pharmaceutical company is evil, nor does it mean that every pharmaceutical companies gouging. But is there room for improvement? Absolutely

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
No shit the system is broken, that doesn't mean that every pharmaceutical company is evil, nor does it mean that every pharmaceutical companies gouging. But is there room for improvement? Absolutely
Doctors are the problem not big pharma, all doctors want to do is unnecessary test and procedures. People need to begin caring for themselves

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Congress can just enact tougher price-gouging laws.
Sure. We could also do like Winston suggested in his post...perhaps if we decrease the number of indolent slobs that didn't know how to care for themselves we wouldn't need so many medications to begin with

Winston

Do you feel lucky, Punk
Exactly, you gave the solution in your answer
I had a doctor that tested my blood for a shoulder procedure. He found out that I was anemic he also said that my kidneys were failing and my liver was swollen. He scared the krap out of me. Now I knew I was anemic from a hemorrhoid bleed and was taking iron, he said that hemmorhoids could not cause anemia. My kidneys were also fine because I was taking creatine that causes creatinine levels to elevate. This is harmless but a doctor wanting to abuse the system can forget to ask you if you used creatine and assume that you have major organ failure. They scheduled an endoscopy and colonoscopy to photograph and view any issues. So I go and they tell me that they are going to cut out what they find. I got up and left, the other doctor told me that I needed my organs checked.

I hung up the phone went back to the gym and lifted found a liquid iron for the anemia

The problem is that most retarded Americans trust these fools instead of taking care of themselves.

2 years later . I'm perfectly healthy all organs intact yet I ignored the lie of organ failure

Last edited:
I had a doctor that tested my blood for a shoulder procedure. He found out that I was anemic he also said that my kidneys were failing and my liver was swollen. He scared the krap out of me. Now I knew I was anemic from a hemorrhoid bleed and was taking iron, he said that hemmorhoids could not cause anemia. My kidneys were also fine because I was taking creatine that causes creatinine levels to elevate. This is harmless but a doctor wanting to abuse the system can forget to ask you if you used creatine and assume that you have major organ failure. They scheduled an endoscopy and colonoscopy to photograph and view any issues. So I go and they tell me that they are going to cut out what they find. I got up and left, the other doctor told me that I needed my organs checked.

I hung up the phone went back to the gym and lifted.

The problem is that most retarded Americans trust these fools instead of taking care of themselves.

2 years late . I'm perfectly healthy all organs intact yet I ignored the lie of organ failure
Just because a test comes back negative does not mean it is unnecessary.