• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Your favorite hot sauces

Sparky2

Council Member
Okay, this is an invitation to list your favorite hot sauces.

I don't mean to say, "name the hottest hot sauce you ever heard of", but rather, offer-up the hot sauce or hot sauces that regularly grace your table at home or at work.

My favorites, in descending order:

#3: A tie; Tapatío Salsa Picante and Cholula Hot Sauce, both made in Mexico.
Great flavors, complex colors, mild heat, and a good finish.
If I were on a mission to Mars, I would proudly bring these along.

#2: Texas Pete's, a Louisiana-style hot sauce manufactured by the TW Garner Food Company in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
Tasty, reliable, and just right on eggs and sausage in the morning.
My go-to hot-wing sauce.

#1: Schlotzsky's Hot Sauce, another Louisianna-style hot sauce, offered up for sale at the sandwich, pizza, and salad shops of the same name.
Killer-great flavor, acceptable heat, and always in demand at my house.
Morning, noon, and night.

Honorable mentions include Sriracha, Frank's Red Hot, and Valentina's.

Okay.
Let's hear about yours.
And please bear in mind, there IS no wrong answer.

GO!!

:D

I don't mean to say, "name the hottest hot sauce you ever heard of", but rather, offer-up the hot sauce or hot sauces that regularly grace your table at home or at work.

#2: Texas Pete's, a Louisiana-style hot sauce manufactured by the TW Garner Food Company in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
My go-to hot-wing sauce.

#1: Schlotzsky's Hot Sauce, another Louisianna-style hot sauce, offered up for sale at the sandwich, pizza, and salad shops of the same name.

Okay.
Let's hear about yours.

GO!!

You and I have similar tastes, it seems. I like Tapatio and Cholula for Mexican style and Sriracha for Asian style. I also like Yucateca, which is a little hotter than Tapatio, and I also like Sambal Oelek, which is a fresh chili paste made by the same company that makes Sriracha. Tabasco original is also great. Crystal is good, which is very much like Frank's. There's one called The Pepper Plant California Style which I love. Don't know if you can get it where you are.

Great post, thanks!

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Wow.
I am truly surprised and/or amazed.

We have no hot sauce fans here on Political Jack.

Maybe it's just a local southern thing.
Oh well, more for me, I always say.

;)
Not a fan of Tabasco-type hot sauces. What I like are just adding fresh peppers to the dish such as Habanero, Serrano or Jalapeno.

I do like powdered spices such as Valentina or Tajin

Sparky2

Council Member
Not a fan of Tabasco-type hot sauces. What I like are just adding fresh peppers to the dish such as Habanero, Serrano or Jalapeno.

I do like powdered spices such as Valentina or Tajin

Now THOSE look good.

I'm going to have to dig around and find some of that!

I usually use Tony Chachere's creole or cajun spice for dry rubs and seasoning, but those are definitely on my shopping list.
:)

Max R.

On the road
Supporting Member
Now THOSE look good.

I'm going to have to dig around and find some of that!

I usually use Tony Chachere's creole or cajun spice for dry rubs and seasoning, but those are definitely on my shopping list.
:)
Cajun is always good, but the Valentina and Tajin spices are great for additional variety. Mostly good on fish, pork and chicken since they have a slight lime flavor (hence the "fruit" spice label).

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
Cajun is always good, but the Valentina and Tajin spices are great for additional variety. Mostly good on fish, pork and chicken since they have a slight lime flavor (hence the "fruit" spice label).
Chili peppers are fruit...

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member

My go-to hot-wing sauce.

Okay.
Let's hear about yours.

GO!!

I make my own with either Purira peppers, 100,000 scoville units or a combination of Bhut Jolika and Trinidad scorpions(Professional grade) at around 900,000 SU...Made with peaches, pineapple and other great stuff.

Sparky2

Council Member
I make my own with either Purira peppers, 100,000 scoville units or a combination of Bhut Jolika and Trinidad scorpions(Professional grade) at around 900,000 SU...Made with peaches, pineapple and other great stuff.
Great moogly-googly, that sounds good!!

:eek: