• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?
intheheatofthenight.jpg

Social Distancing was the norm even before Corona Virus

"You're being arrested for failure to social distance in public" (DC police officer) "The fine is $5,000, or 90 days in jail" (this is really true)

"But wait, officer if you put me in jail, won't I get corona virus for sure, and possibly die?"

I guess that's why regional and municipal strongmen and tribal leaders are giving us a choice. Most rational people would pay the $5,000.

This, of course, isn't about public safety. It's about municipal revenue generation, to make up for the lack of money from traffic tickets, city income tax, sales tax on purchases . . .

Are we getting a clearer picture now?

DC is the most outrageous. But of course the arrests aren't being made in places where senators, congresspersons, staffers, and business club meetings take place. Only directed at people who aren't "hooked up" - those who have no special privileges.

I think DC has the highest fines. But its impoverishing to live in places like NYC ($500), Camden, Chicago, Baltimore. In Baltimore they plan to enforce the social distancing thing with a new fleet of "police aircraft". not drones. Actual aircraft, which i suppose means helicopters which can carry high powered megaphones. "You down there. Yeah you. In the Kobe Bryant jersey. Take a step back. Put your hands on the wall. A patrol car with officers in Hazmat suits will arrive soon to arrest you. If you try to run, there's nothing we can do, probably . . . "

It's going to take a LOT of pedestrian scofflaw fines to pay for those shiny new Baltimore helicopters, no? Perhaps someone should investigate if Baltimore's Mayor or city council has some clever kickback scheme with Bell Aircraft, or Sikorsky? Don't laugh. The last 3 Ballmor' mayors in a row were discovered to be engaged in fraudulent financial schemes.

Of course, its easy to arrest pedestrians for "following too close" or "stopping in a non emergency situation". those are crimes that translate well from the usual revenue scams in traffic enforcement, and minimal officer retraining is needed.

But when you see actual (honest) cops arresting people in Baltimore for narcotics sales, prostitution, gun possession, assault . .. let me know. Until then, we remain more at risk from corrupt governments and career criminals, some of whom are paying bribes to police to avoid arrest.

See the film "Serpico" if you're confused on how this works.

Top photo film fan quiz: this one is too easy. If you get it wrong, people might socially distance themselves from you. What famous film is today's top photo from? Hint, it's NOT "No Country for Covid 19 Men" . . .

Full disclosure: there have now been 11 corona deaths in Delaware. the last 2 were retired nuns in their 90's, in an elderly care facility called "Little Sisters of the Poor". Evidently the entire patient population there is infected. Delaware "only" has 368 confirmed corona cases. That's 1 out of every 2,000 people. But that statistic has been engineered to make people with humanities degrees (not math) believe that martial law is working. If the government actually started testing everyone, including those with no symptons, or weak symptoms, we'd find out that somewhere between 100,000 and 300,000 delawareans are infected. And the game would be over - social distancing is having no effect.

Full disclosure: there have now been 11 corona deaths in Delaware. the last 2 were retired nuns in their 90's, in an elderly care facility called "Little Sisters of the Poor". Evidently the entire patient population there is infected. Delaware "only" has 368 confirmed corona cases. That's 1 out of every 2,000 people. But that statistic has been engineered to make people with humanities degrees (not math) believe that martial law is working.
You got any proof?
If the government actually started testing everyone, including those with no symptons, or weak symptoms, we'd find out that somewhere between 100,000 and 300,000 delawareans are infected. And the game would be over - social distancing is having no effect.
It's too bad you didn't vote for Hillary who would have competent enough to get everyone tested by now.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
View attachment 50090

Social Distancing was the norm even before Corona Virus

"You're being arrested for failure to social distance in public" (DC police officer) "The fine is $5,000, or 90 days in jail" (this is really true)

"But wait, officer if you put me in jail, won't I get corona virus for sure, and possibly die?"

I guess that's why regional and municipal strongmen and tribal leaders are giving us a choice. Most rational people would pay the $5,000.

This, of course, isn't about public safety. It's about municipal revenue generation, to make up for the lack of money from traffic tickets, city income tax, sales tax on purchases . . .

Are we getting a clearer picture now?

DC is the most outrageous. But of course the arrests aren't being made in places where senators, congresspersons, staffers, and business club meetings take place. Only directed at people who aren't "hooked up" - those who have no special privileges.

I think DC has the highest fines. But its impoverishing to live in places like NYC ($500), Camden, Chicago, Baltimore. In Baltimore they plan to enforce the social distancing thing with a new fleet of "police aircraft". not drones. Actual aircraft, which i suppose means helicopters which can carry high powered megaphones. "You down there. Yeah you. In the Kobe Bryant jersey. Take a step back. Put your hands on the wall. A patrol car with officers in Hazmat suits will arrive soon to arrest you. If you try to run, there's nothing we can do, probably . . . "

It's going to take a LOT of pedestrian scofflaw fines to pay for those shiny new Baltimore helicopters, no? Perhaps someone should investigate if Baltimore's Mayor or city council has some clever kickback scheme with Bell Aircraft, or Sikorsky? Don't laugh. The last 3 Ballmor' mayors in a row were discovered to be engaged in fraudulent financial schemes.

Of course, its easy to arrest pedestrians for "following too close" or "stopping in a non emergency situation". those are crimes that translate well from the usual revenue scams in traffic enforcement, and minimal officer retraining is needed.

But when you see actual (honest) cops arresting people in Baltimore for narcotics sales, prostitution, gun possession, assault . .. let me know. Until then, we remain more at risk from corrupt governments and career criminals, some of whom are paying bribes to police to avoid arrest.

See the film "Serpico" if you're confused on how this works.

Top photo film fan quiz: this one is too easy. If you get it wrong, people might socially distance themselves from you. What famous film is today's top photo from? Hint, it's NOT "No Country for Covid 19 Men" . . .

Full disclosure: there have now been 11 corona deaths in Delaware. the last 2 were retired nuns in their 90's, in an elderly care facility called "Little Sisters of the Poor". Evidently the entire patient population there is infected. Delaware "only" has 368 confirmed corona cases. That's 1 out of every 2,000 people. But that statistic has been engineered to make people with humanities degrees (not math) believe that martial law is working. If the government actually started testing everyone, including those with no symptons, or weak symptoms, we'd find out that somewhere between 100,000 and 300,000 delawareans are infected. And the game would be over - social distancing is having no effect.
In the Heat of the Night (1967) Sidney Poitier, Rod Steiger
great movie!