• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Yup. Trump was told of serious pandemic risk in January

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
When FDR, at his inauguration said "the only thing to fear is fear itself" was he leveling with the people that they faced seven more years of Great Depression because his policies were never going to work? Obviously not!

It is not the President's job to scare the bejeezus out of the American people so the opposition can take power.
All lies:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.” (CNBC)

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.” (Fox News)

February 10: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.” (Bloomberg)

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock market starting to look very good to me.” (Twitter)

February 26: “It’s going very substantially down, not up… The 15 within a couple of days, is going to be down to zero.” (CNN)

February 27: “It’s going to disappear one day, it’s like a miracle.” (Twitter)

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.” (Wired)

March 6: “I didn’t know people died from the flu.” (CNN)

March 6: “I like the numbers being where they are.” (Washington Post)

March 10: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” (Twitter)

March 13: “I don’t take responsibility at all because we were given a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.” (New York Times)

March 15: "It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of"

'I Don’t Take Responsibility at All' - Donald J Trump (fake President)

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
All lies:

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.” (CNBC)

February 10: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.” (Bloomberg)

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock market starting to look very good to me.” (Twitter)

February 26: “It’s going very substantially down, not up… The 15 within a couple of days, is going to be down to zero.” (CNN)

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.” (Wired)

March 13: “I don’t take responsibility at all because we were given a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.” (New York Times)

March 15: "It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of"

'I Don’t Take Responsibility at All' - Donald J Trump (fake President)
So was FDR's "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." But when a Democrat lies to the American people, it apparently it doesn't count.

Yet, Trump then spent six weeks lying, denying, bumbling and fumbling.

Trump knew it was serious enough to restrict travel from China, although he imposed half-ass restrictions - not a travel ban. But that’s all Trump did. He was ignorant enough to think that the travel restrictions alone would prevent the catastrophe we now have.

Anyone who voted for that buffoon should apologize.

Which is why he stopped flights from China from coming here on Jan. 31. Exactly what he should have done when he did.

And the hypocritical Democrats called him a racist for doing so!

PNWest

Which is why he stopped flights from China from coming here on Jan. 31. Exactly what he should have done when he did.

And the hypocritical Democrats called him a racist for doing so!
And then in the weeks to come said every one of these things:

Why can't conservatives ever take responsibility for your failures?

Raoul_Luke

False equivalency. Trump repeatedly lied and misled. FDR inspired hope and got us out of the republican caused great depression.
That is a fraud on its face - the Great Depression lasted throughout FDR's time in office, while he repeatedly lied about how his policies were "ending" the Great Depression, when in fact they were extending it. Trump lied as well, for the same reason. You act like one is a god for lying while the other is the devil. I realize they are both just self serving demagogues.

EatTheRich

President
Yawn- a Non Story.

Educated people know this is why he acted in January.

From the article- Dated Jan. 29, it came during a period when Mr. Trump was playing down the risks to the United States, and he would later go on to say that no one could have predicted such a devastating outcome.

The Travel Ban was 2 Days Later.

As part of the travel restrictions, any U.S. citizen returning to the U.S. who had been in Hubei Province in China in the previous 14 days would be subject to mandatory quarantine and health screening. U.S. citizens returning from mainland China outside Hubei Province were ordered to undergo health screenings.

President Trump did stop flights from China on January 31.
Italy put restrictions on flights from China the same day.
And North Korea was in some lockdown with its borders closed to everyone.
Those were the only countries that had early restrictions on China.

The United States and Italy were the first countries in the world basically saying we see this as a threat early.

EVEN WHEN THE UN TIED W.H.O. (WORLD HEATH ORG) Said Jan 15th that this could not be transmitted Human to Human. AFTER people were dying in China.

Meanwhile - from January 1 through February 25, there were four Democratic debates.
In the first three debates, there was not one question from the moderators about the virus - and not one comment from any of the candidates raising the virus as a threat.

It was only in that last debate – at the end of February – that Bernie Sanders finally said something about the Coronavirus. He took the opportunity to bash Trump.

So we have the top Democrats vying for the highest office in the nation, debating on a national stage in front of the American people over and over again, while the threat of the virus grows.
And nobody says a word.

Well except for leftists - months later and their Monday Morning QBing
Other countries were too busy getting test kits, PPE, hospital maintenance, and a national plan together ... you know, all the things Trump wasn’t doing.

PNWest

That is a fraud on its face - the Great Depression lasted throughout FDR's time in office, while he repeatedly lied about how his policies were "ending" the Great Depression, when in fact they were extending it. Trump lied as well, for the same reason. You act like one is a god for lying while the other is the devil. I realize they are both just self serving demagogues.
No they didn't FDR was as close to a God as the USA has ever had as President. Presidential historians always rank himd as #1 or #2 behind Lincol as the best President ever.

Why do republicans hate the truth?

No they didn't FDR was as close to a God as the USA has ever had as President. Presidential historians always rank himd as #1 or #2 behind Lincol as the best President ever.

From the guy reposting communist Chinese government propaganda. LOL

EatTheRich

President
When FDR, at his inauguration said "the only thing to fear is fear itself" was he leveling with the people that they faced seven more years of Great Depression because his policies were never going to work? Obviously not!

It is not the President's job to scare the bejeezus out of the American people so the opposition can take power.
His words encouraged people to mingle in public and spread the virus.

EatTheRich

President
What a spin of lies. Trump put the ban on China immediately which has saved countless lives. He then started working with the CDC, FEMA, etc to change the system and make it workable after Obama's devastation in gutting these agencies.
No, if you revue the facts fairly Trump is a hero that the people see what he has done. This alone will assure Trump's reelection.
Pelosi and the democrats waited on passing bills and tried to load them with pork. The people see all this, it will cost them in the election.
How many lives did it save? Are people more likely to die if they catch thevirus from someone from China than if(as is much more likely) they catch it from someone else who lives in the U.S.?

Raoul_Luke

Academics think FDR was "awesome?" I'm shocked, SHOCKED to find Marxist professors calling FDR second bestest ever.

The simple fact is that the GREAT DEPRESSION raged throughout FDR's time in office. If he had been a Republican he'd be "second bestest" to maybe Nixon as worst president ever.

EatTheRich

President
The Depression ended with U.S. entry into WWII, and its effects were mitigated much earlier by New Deal policies.

His words encouraged people to mingle in public and spread the virus.
No, that's what your fellow death-cultists Pelosi, Biden, and Schumer did when they called President Trump's travel ban "racist" and "xenophobic" and told everyone to go down to their local Chinatown and mingle.

You people did this to us.

Bugsy McGurk

President
So was FDR's "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." But when a Democrat lies to the American people, it apparently it doesn't count.
What would Trump have said if he was in FDR’s shoes? Things like...

We have the Depression completely under control. It’s nothing to worry about.

It will be over in two weeks.

It will just go away. Like a miracle.

The warm weather will put an end to it.

Don’t listen to the Dems and the media.The Depression is not a threat. It’s a political hoax.

Yup. Things like that. Nothing like FDR’s fireside chats.

Bugsy McGurk

President
More about the topic....

Trump clearly knew in January. But he was ignorant enough to think that a partial travel restriction on travel from China was all that was needed to prevent the absolute catastrophe we now have.

Trump’s incompetency will cost us tens of thousands of lies, untold misery, and trillions of dollars...

EatTheRich

President
So did Pelosi's, Cuomo's and DiBlasio's (among others) and you people had no problem with that. Just be consistent - is that too much to ask???
All 3 people you mentioned are people that the White House and Fox News attacked for portraying the virus as a serious threat. Now that it has become clear that they were right, you all are trying to rewrite the history we all witnessed.