• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Yup. Trump was told of serious pandemic risk in January

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The depression ended in 1941. Roosevelt was president until 1945.
The world war obscured it but no policy changes had been made so no, it didn't "end" in 1941 - they just could no longer measure it. I'd be careful about suggesting it takes a war to end every serious recession.

Raoul_Luke

Unemployment when Roosevelt took office: 24%
Unemployment at the end of his first term: 14%
Unemployment at the end of his 2nd term: 10%
Wow, that's great - what is non-recessionary levels of "unemployment?" Give me those same years' unemployment rates after backing out government funded jobs - I think it was (really) still something like 20% or so at the end of his second term, not counting all the people working in government programs.

The simple fact is that people were still calling the economy the Great Depression at the end of his second term. Which is why he began engineering our entrance into the war around that time - he (like George W. Bush) knew a BIG war was his ticket to reelection...

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Yet, Trump then spent six weeks lying, denying, bumbling and fumbling.

Trump knew it was serious enough to restrict travel from China, although he imposed half-ass restrictions - not a travel ban. But that’s all Trump did. He was ignorant enough to think that the travel restrictions alone would prevent the catastrophe we now have.

Anyone who voted for that buffoon should apologize.

No he wasn't. He was told by Fauci not to be concerned about it.
Why are you lying about this?

Raoul_Luke

The fact is that the right, taking its cues from Trump, downplayed the danger for months ... as you did, for example ... while (as with global warming and so many other things) the left kept hammering home the point that we should listen to the evidence and not to our ideological preconceptions.
And (no surprise) we were right about it - this is no more than a bad flu virus. While deaths "from coronavirus" are currently 12,000 or so, as Tucker Carlson documented last night, pneumonia deaths are down by thousands from last year at this time, so that "coronavirus" death rate, like I said here just a few days ago, is inflated by (literally) thousands of deaths that would have occurred anyway. After hyperbolic posturing for a couple of weeks, Cuomo is now not mentioning that his "demand" for 30,000 ventilators was vastly overstated. The "field" hospitals and ships provided are barely occupied, and were likely not needed. Oh, and the death rates projected by the "models?" They are (again, no surprise) proving orders of magnitude higher than the actual rate.

So yes, this episode is EXACTLY like your "global warming" alarmism - "faulty" models designed to overstate the problem, over hyping natural occurrences that have nothing whatsoever to do with it, and full force media campaigns designed to use that bad data to create unneeded action that just not-so-coincidently requires a shuttering of capitalism and putting people out of jobs.

How many times are you people going to get away with being so wrong about such weighty things before you are relegated to the dust bin of ideological history? Probably not as long as you have the media, academia and the vast government bureaucracy on your side. But none of all that "intellectual firepower" makes your ideas anything but dystopian navel gazing turned into policy agendas - YOU PEOPLE ARE THE PLAGUE!!!

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
And (no surprise) we were right about it - this is no more than a bad flu virus. While deaths "from coronavirus" are currently 12,000 or so, as Tucker Carlson documented last night, pneumonia deaths are down by thousands from last year at this time, so that "coronavirus" death rate, like I said here just a few days ago, is inflated by (literally) thousands of deaths that would have occurred anyway. After hyperbolic posturing for a couple of weeks, Cuomo is now not mentioning that his "demand" for 30,000 ventilators was vastly overstated. The "field" hospitals and ships provided are barely occupied, and were likely not needed. Oh, and the death rates projected by the "models?" They are (again, no surprise) proving orders of magnitude higher than the actual rate.

So yes, this episode is EXACTLY like your "global warming" alarmism - "faulty" models designed to overstate the problem, over hyping natural occurrences that have nothing whatsoever to do with it, and full force media campaigns designed to use that bad data to create unneeded action that just not-so-coincidently requires a shuttering of capitalism and putting people out of jobs.

How many times are you people going to get away with being so wrong about such weighty things before you are relegated to the dust bin of ideological history? Probably not as long as you have the media, academia and the vast government bureaucracy on your side. But none of all that "intellectual firepower" makes your ideas anything but dystopian navel gazing turned into policy agendas - YOU PEOPLE ARE THE PLAGUE!!!
Wait a minute, you have claimed many times you don't watch Fox, yet here you are quoting good ole Tucker...............whoops

If this is all a false narrative then why is vp trump** playing along with it nightly on his infomercial ?

Raoul_Luke

Wait a minute, you have claimed many times you don't watch Fox, yet here you are quoting good ole Tucker...............whoops
Where have I ever said that? I said I didn't vote for Trump and do not support most of his agenda. That is not the same thing. I watch Tucker almost religiously - he is perhaps the only honest journalist left on the planet.

Now, care to address the points I made or is this just a lame dodge?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yet, you are unable to defend even a single one of the alt-left's crazy statements by both their politicians and media cited in the article.

Like we said, facts matter. Left wing psychosis does not.
You claim not to even know that the Fox Noise piece knits together snippets of sentences from Dems to create a false impression and further brainwash its zombies.

Seriously? You don’t know what they did there?

Bugsy McGurk

President

If this is all a false narrative then why is vp trump** playing along with it nightly on his infomercial ?
Trump’s cultists always lag behind their cult leader’s ever-changing narratives.

In the past Trump went with the “just a flu/no biggie” gambit, so his cultists are still saying that even though Trump now admits that it’s a truly dreadful virus pandemic the likes of which we haven’t seen before.

They’re like a large ship - it takes them a while to make the turn.

Raoul_Luke

Nah, I think you see the huge distinction. Your cultism leads you to pretend to be too dopey to understand.
Nah, I think you claim "distinctions" where there are none, and then pat yourself on the back for a "job well done."

Raoul_Luke

Nah, I think you see the huge distinction. Your cultism leads you to pretend to be too dopey to understand.
The only "huge distinction" I "see" is between what you post here day in and day out and the truth. And frankly, one would have to actually be "too dopey" to agree with your propaganda.

Mick

The Right is always right
You claim not to even know that the Fox Noise piece knits together snippets of sentences from Dems to create a false impression and further brainwash its zombies.

Seriously? You don’t know what they did there?
Yet, you are unable to defend even a single one of the alt-left's crazy statements by both their politicians and media cited in the article.

"BuzzFeed News asserted that "barring foreign travelers from China, along with making U.S. citizens self-quarantine at home ... likely violated civil rights laws, without leading to any real lowered risk of a U.S. outbreak," citing "global health law expert" Lawrence Gostin of Georgetown University."

Or...

"STAT, a health and medicine news site, reported that the travel ban was similar to calls from "conservative lawmakers and far-right supporters of the president," even as "public health experts ... warn that the move could do more harm than good."

Or...

Vox also tweeted on Jan. 31: "Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No." On Mar. 24, Vox deleted that tweet

Or....

Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced, and arguing that Trump "is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency." Senile Joe now claims he supported it all along.

Keep raging!!! All lies I tell you! Lies!

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
This is exactly what Trump said about the Coronavirus starting back in January. Any of the shortbussers that claim that Trump was serious about it need to explain each of these statements. If Trump did know how bad things would be then is is completely responisble for every single infection and death for downplaying the severity. If he didn't know then he is a buffon for ignoring the evidence. Take your pick.

January 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.” (CNBC)

February 2: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.” (Fox News)

February 10: “A lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat—as the heat comes in.” (Bloomberg)

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock market starting to look very good to me.” (Twitter)

February 26: “It’s going very substantially down, not up… The 15 within a couple of days, is going to be down to zero.” (CNN)

February 27: “It’s going to disappear one day, it’s like a miracle.” (Twitter)

March 6: “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.” (Wired)

March 6: “I didn’t know people died from the flu.” (CNN)

March 6: “I like the numbers being where they are.” (Washington Post)

March 10: “It will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” (Twitter)

March 13: “I don’t take responsibility at all because we were given a set of circumstances and we were given rules, regulations, and specifications from a different time.” (New York Times)

March 15: "It's a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something we have tremendous control of"

'The buck stops HERE' Harry S Truman (real President)

'I Don’t Take Responsibility at All' - Donald J Trump (fake President)
Bravo Sierra.

Bugsy McGurk

President

"BuzzFeed News asserted that "barring foreign travelers from China, along with making U.S. citizens self-quarantine at home ... likely violated civil rights laws, without leading to any real lowered risk of a U.S. outbreak," citing "global health law expert" Lawrence Gostin of Georgetown University."

Or...

"STAT, a health and medicine news site, reported that the travel ban was similar to calls from "conservative lawmakers and far-right supporters of the president," even as "public health experts ... warn that the move could do more harm than good."

Or...

Vox also tweeted on Jan. 31: "Is this going to be a deadly pandemic? No." On Mar. 24, Vox deleted that tweet

Or....

Democratic presidential contender Joe Biden led the way, quickly attacking what he called Trump's "record of hysteria, xenophobia and fear-mongering" after the travel restrictions were announced, and arguing that Trump "is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency." Senile Joe now claims he supported it all along.

Keep raging!!! All lies I tell you! Lies!

The legendary Lawrence Gostin.

;-)