• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Zelda, the crumbs of F. Scott Fitzgerald

Minotaur

Governor
When I was young I read the book "Zelda" and got hooked on this talented woman who fought against being invisible in a time when women were invisible. She was a writer in her own right and where F. Scott Fitzgerald was a masterful writer, he could bore the pants off of any reader before they catch his flow causing the book to become any reader's promise to finish reading one day. I still enjoyed reading his novels even in the more boring leadups like "The Great Gatsby". Technically Zelda was not that as she was not masterful but she created prose of interesting subjects better suited for the poet that probably lurked in her heart but with interesting appeal of her perspective. Truthfully it is her life and being that hooked me. I always felt she wrote and lived defensively likely both jealous and overwhelmed by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Any book starring Zelda is less likely to be a book that is unread. Critics are hard on her only novel "Save Me the Waltz" but oh boy, Zelda was a much more fascinating writer to me. F. Scott Fitzgerald told her she was a third rate writer so with their odd competitive embattled relationship one could guess the devil inside her was F. Scott Fitzgerald. Somehow I think that in all of this she may well have been one of the stronger women of her time struggling against that era's oppression but she dove in over her head when she married a bigger than life strong personality who left no room for her on his stage and offered no support for the stage she tried to build for herself.

Last edited: