• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

1.5Billion loss for Bud Light

TBLee

Governor
I'm not a drinker myself, but I do believe this demonstrates the folly of private businesses inserting themselves into controversy unnecessarily. What could Anheuser Busch hope to gain by promoting an ad campaign that was bound to alienate a sector of their market?

We are not a monolithic society, and as such we do not think monolithically. Diversity includes diversity of thought - In fact, without that, there is no meaningful diversity. To be truly inclusive one has to be accepting of that...And not insist that everyone must have the same viewpoint on every issue.

This was a corporate blunder on a grand scale, and it cost AB a lot of customers. It will more than a little challenging to woo them back.
Well said.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It totality it is hardly a blip

Zam-Zam

Senator
It totality it is hardly a blip

Bud Light boycott likely cost Anheuser-Busch InBev over $1 billion in lost sales

Bud Light boycott likely cost Anheuser-Busch InBev over $1 billion in lost sales | CNN Business

The loss of 1.4 billion in revenue may be a blip, but it is a blip stockholders notice, especially when it could have been avoided.

EatTheRich

President
I'm not a drinker myself, but I do believe this demonstrates the folly of private businesses inserting themselves into controversy unnecessarily. What could Anheuser Busch hope to gain by promoting an ad campaign that was bound to alienate a sector of their market?

We are not a monolithic society, and as such we do not think monolithically. Diversity includes diversity of thought - In fact, without that, there is no meaningful diversity. To be truly inclusive one has to be accepting of that...And not insist that everyone must have the same viewpoint on every issue.

This was a corporate blunder on a grand scale, and it cost AB a lot of customers. It will more than a little challenging to woo them back.
Their aim was to expand their market by appealing to an untapped market segment. Similar to what earlier companies did when they started featuring people of color or interracial or gay couples in their advertising. It’s true that many of the first companies to do this underestimated the power of weaponized bigotry to punish them for daring to include anyone who was looked down on, but fairly quickly it became requirements for success to show that they didn’t want to appeal solely to straight, white customers.