• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

18 dead in elementary school shooting in Tx.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
After a gun owner uses his gun for its intended purpose.

I think we should wait to know more about this crime. Did he obtain his weapons legally? Would a red flag law have prevented it? How could this have been prevented?

The killer in Buffalo should have been subject to the Red Flag law there, but the person doing the psych eval didn't see him as a threat. He was wrong.

Last edited:

Spamature

President
I think we should wait to know more about this Crime. Did he obtain his weapons legally? Would a red flag law have prevented it? How could this have been prevented?

The killer in Buffalo should have been subject to the Red Flag law there, but the person doing the psych eval didn't seem him as a threat. He was wrong.
Everybody is a law-abiding gun owner, right up until the time they decide not to be one.

Going after individuals who might be a threat will not change that equation.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Everybody is a law-abiding gun owner, right up until the time they decide not to be one.

An ex-felon is not a legal gun owner. A person confined for psychiatric care is not a legal gun owner. Someone with a restraining order against them is not a legal gun owner.

What is your solution? Confiscation of all guns? Non-starter.

Spamature

President
An ex-felon is not a legal gun owner. A person confined for psychiatric care is not a legal gun owner. Someone with a restraining order against them is not a legal gun owner.

What is your solution? Confiscation of all guns? Non-starter.
But they still can get a gun if they want one.
There is no solution.

This we gotta live with.

Colorforms

Senator

Bugsy McGurk

President

The only solution would be intensive screening of potential gun buyers, including complete psychological work ups. Of course, the gun nut lobby will never go along with that, so we all just get used to the carnage inflicted by devices designed to kill people. Which itself is insane.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
But they still can get a gun if they want one.
There is no solution.

This we gotta live with.
I would expend effort to find the seller who sold a gun to someone without a background check who could not have passed. Once tracked down I would charge them as complicit in the crime.

That would cause most Americans to think twice about selling to a private buyer without a check. Those that continue to traffic in guns would charge more and make it less attractive to buy one.

If that didn't work I'd require a background check to buy ammunition.

Colorforms

Senator
Gun free zone ?
There is no such thing in this country.
But pretend there is, so you can gloat when it proved to be a myth.

Ha ha !
15 dead
You win !
What an insane post. Was this a game to you? Apparently this is all about scoring points for you.

As you have said, we will never get rid of guns. So we need a better way to protect children than to make them sitting ducks.

Spamature

President
I would expend effort to find the seller who sold a gun to someone without a background check who could not have passed. Once tracked down I would charge them as complicit in the Crime.

That would cause most Americans to think twice about selling to a private buyer without a check. Those that continue to traffic in guns would charge more and make it less attractive to buy one.

If that didn't work I'd require a background check to buy ammunition.
You might as well come up with a plan to rid the country of drug addiction while you are at it.

At some point, you have to realize the problem was intractable before it ever became a problem.

Spamature

President
What an insane post. Was this a game to you? Apparently this is all about scoring points for you.

As you have said, we will never get rid of guns. So we need a better way to protect children than to make them sitting ducks.
Is the next post where you say something stupid like arming teachers.

And then I say, yes give a gun to a person your children spend day in and day out driving them crazy as it is. Not to mention that any place you put a gun in a school is a place in a school where a kid in school can get a gun.

Colorforms

Senator
Is the next post where you say something stupid like arming teachers.

And then I say, yes give a gun to a person your children spend day in and day out driving them crazy as it is. Not to mention that any place you put a gun in a school is a place in a school where a kid in school can get a gun.
No no, let's leave them sitting ducks, just for you. So that you can whine and cry every time there's a school shooting and blame legal gun owners for the insanity of one person.

We know how you love to play righteous indignation. :)

Zam-Zam

Senator
I think we should wait to know more about this Crime. Did he obtain his weapons legally? Would a red flag law have prevented it? How could this have been prevented?

The killer in Buffalo should have been subject to the Red Flag law there, but the person doing the psych eval didn't seem him as a threat. He was wrong.
Good answer.

Take a breath, and wait for the facts to come to light before we declare we know all that needs to be known.

It will likely be ignored.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Oh good...let's issue glocks to 3rd graders.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
After a gun owner uses his gun for its intended purpose.

Illegal Gun Owner
Killed his Grandmother before going to school massacre

Where's the leftist screaming RACIST?