• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

3.69 gas today.......and away we go !

TBLee

Governor
I thought the topic of the thread was something about gas prices going down. Am I wrong? Your responses have been your usual side handed attacks on Biden and blaming him for fuel costs rising and any other hardships Americans are experiencing at this point. The subject at hand is lowering fuel prices. Stick to that!
You have an issue with me discussing heating fuel costs, and the trouble that will undoubtably face many this coming winter? I was having a discussion with my friend who lives in New England a few days ago, she is retired and was discussing having to go back to work in order to pay to heat her home if there are not some major changes in the Economy. It is a problem, and at this point I am not seeing any solutions. During the colder months at the current price, $200 a week to heat an average home will be devastating for some. And from what I have been reading electricity bills in some areas have almost doubled. Between the two, it is going to be a very rough winter.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
You have an issue with me discussing heating fuel costs, and the trouble that will undoubtably face many this coming winter? I was having a discussion with my friend who lives in New England a few days ago, she is retired and was discussing having to go back to work in order to pay to heat her home if there are not some major changes in the Economy. It is a problem, and at this point I am not seeing any solutions. During the colder months at the current price, $200 a week to heat an average home will be devastating for some. And from what I have been reading electricity bills in some areas have almost doubled. Between the two, it is going to be a very rough winter.
And back at the batcave, Wall St. oil and energy companies are having a record breaking profit year ! whoot whoot - you righties do love your OIL !

Now, one thing this is doing - these high fuel costs, heating oil costs is moving people to alternative fuel and heat sources. Pretty simple, once those people convert over then they aren't coming back - a very short sighted approach by big oil but hey that CEO only sticks around 4-5 years, draws out 100's of millions of dollars and retires - no biggie for him.

Maybe your friend should dust off her fireplace, being in New England most every house had one. Maybe a nice woodburner or outside stove furnace. Perhaps solar panels and electric heat - that is easiest and she will get a tax break and laugh at oil prices then.

So many people are such HELPLESS Karen's anymore - they would NEVER have survived 100-150-200 years ago.

Now go run to the corner market in your suburban and get you an ice cream bar and a tornado !

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
And back at the batcave, Wall St. oil and energy companies are having a record breaking profit year ! whoot whoot - you righties do love your OIL !

Now, one thing this is doing - these high fuel costs, heating oil costs is moving people to alternative fuel and heat sources. Pretty simple, once those people convert over then they aren't coming back - a very short sighted approach by big oil but hey that CEO only sticks around 4-5 years, draws out 100's of millions of dollars and retires - no biggie for him.

Maybe your friend should dust off her fireplace, being in New England most every house had one. Maybe a nice woodburner or outside stove furnace. Perhaps solar panels and electric heat - that is easiest and she will get a tax break and laugh at oil prices then.

So many people are such HELPLESS Karen's anymore - they would NEVER have survived 100-150-200 years ago.

Now go run to the corner market in your suburban and get you an ice cream bar and a tornado !
Finally somebody gets it. Tell em bruh..

F all these Karen's and their ...pushing a barcode over a scanner needs to pay $100k, and their waaaa getting ID is too hard, a d learning to read and think is too hard. Go build a fire..tell em.. rah!

TBLee

Governor

Oh Don, you obviously know very little about the strong willed, hard working souls in New England. Solar panels??? So, how is that going to work as the primary source for those in NE. Have you spent a cold, dreary winter in NE? Days and days go by without a peak of the sun. Wood heat? Many in NE use wood as a back up for their heating source. A cord of wood runs between $300 and up right now. By the way, fireplaces put out very little heat. One would need to have a wood or pellet stove to actually have a true heating source, and many homes do not have chimney’s. And by the way, it is a falsehood that in NE “most every house” has a fireplace. Northern NE has the lowest rate of home heat provided by electricity because it is not economically viable. Many have seen the current electricity bill double in the past year. Double.

Jack4freedom

Governor
I am in favor of any measures that the government or private industry can take to assure that those who have been victimized by this tough economy get the heating oil, food, medicine, and everything else they need to tide them through. It would really be nice to see the oil companies who have had banner years profit wise and utility companies who are filthy rich kick in and take care of those who have been making them rich for decades. If not, I can not think of a better way to spend government money than taking care of those in need like any first class, first world nation should always do. We are both on the same side here TB, my friend. Best to you and your family!

TBLee

Governor
I am in favor of any measures that the government or private industry can take to assure that those who have been victimized by this tough economy get the heating oil, food, medicine, and everything else they need to tide them through. It would really be nice to see the oil companies who have had banner years profit wise and utility companies who are filthy rich kick in and take care of those who have been making them rich for decades. If not, I can not think of a better way to spend government money than taking care of those in need like any first class, first world nation should always do. We are both on the same side here TB, my friend. Best to you and your family!
One of the issues facing all of us is increased prices that are far reaching. Sadly, it is not just oil and electricity. It is everywhere and encompasses many things we need for survival in our day to day lives. As we enter a recession there more than likely will not be much improvement.

That won’t happen. I personally know that the older generation in NE struggled in the Winter when prices were $3 less a gallon for heating oil. I am fearful of how those on a fixed income will deal with this upcoming winter.
Good thing their are plenty of jobs for people to get. Nobody has to live on a fixed income.

Don't try telling me about what they "deserve" either. They made poor choices, and they have to live with the consequences.

Jack4freedom

Governor
One of the issues facing all of us is increased prices that are far reaching. Sadly, it is not just oil and electricity. It is everywhere and encompasses many things we need for survival in our day to day lives. As we enter a recession there more than likely will not be much improvement.
That’s what is known as inflation TB. Generally that is always the result after decades of super low interest rates and a fast growing economy. It happens all the time. It isn’t just some big mystery that was caused by Joe Biden or either party. From what I understand, those in charge are doing what they can to curb this condition. Thee fed just raised interest rates 3/4 of a point today. Hopefully it will soon be under control. Unfortunately there is no magic solution.

TBLee

Governor
Good thing their are plenty of jobs for people to get. Nobody has to live on a fixed income.

Don't try telling me about what they "deserve" either. They made poor choices, and they have to live with the consequences.
Sure OB, make sure to tell that to the 82 year old who has worked since the age of 14 that they made poor choices and must live with the consequences. Is that how you would feel about your own grandparents, and or parents? You too will reach a point in your life when you may be living on a fixed income, or at least have to move out and be self sufficient.

TBLee

Governor
That’s what is known as inflation TB. Generally that is always the result after decades of super low interest rates and a fast growing economy. It happens all the time. It isn’t just some big mystery that was caused by Joe Biden or either party. From what I understand, those in charge are doing what they can to curb this condition. Thee fed just raised interest rates 3/4 of a point today. Hopefully it will soon be under control. Unfortunately there is no magic solution.
Raising the interest rate is highly unlikely to change the trajectory of our Country. As we all watch the prices of our day to day life increase at an alarming rate.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Sure OB, make sure to tell that to the 82 year old who has worked since the age of 14 that they made poor choices and must live with the consequences. Is that how you would feel about your own grandparents, and or parents? You too will reach a point in your life when you may be living on a fixed income, or at least have to move out and be self sufficient.
People who planned on living off/ RETIRING on the ss scam/ ponzi scheme as they had their 2 cars, a boat and expensive vacations in their younger years DESERVE ALL THEY GET NOW !

TBLee

Governor
People who planned on living off/ RETIRING on the ss scam/ ponzi scheme as they had their 2 cars, a boat and expensive vacations in their younger years DESERVE ALL THEY GET NOW !
Such silliness. I can assure you the elderly I know, didn’t have 2 cars, a boat or went on expensive vacations. I have a feeling there are parts of NE that you have never visited. If you had, you wouldn’t be shooting your mouth off about something you know very little about.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

So, why do you claim to have a tractor and not Mules to plow with?
When's the last time you cut wood to heat your home and surely you realize you need own trees to cut for heat to wit majority don't have. Eh, you do realize it take fossil fuel to make electricity!

Do you have a EV to take you to the job sites when you can just run there and back and no need for a gym?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

Yes, "their" are plenty of jobs, so why do YOU live on a fixed income?

"poor choices" like signing a contract for student loans and then refusing to repay the loans?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You sound jealous and like the typical leftist., so don't worry, you will not be bothered with ss checks.

BTW: you better do it while young, you damn sure will not be able to do it sooner than you realize and it's a shame you don't have cars/boats/vacations.

TRY WORKING HARDER AND SURFING THE NET LESS

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Such silliness. I can assure you the elderly I know, didn’t have 2 cars, a boat or went on expensive vacations. I have a feeling there are parts of NE that you have never visited. If you had, you wouldn’t be shooting your mouth off about something you know very little about.
Evidently, he hasn't been anywhere

Jack4freedom

Governor
Raising the interest rate is highly unlikely to change the trajectory of our Country. As we all watch the prices of our day to day life increase at an alarming rate.
Are you offering any quick solutions? Not being an economist, I have no clue. I certainly do not hear anything constructive coming from GOP leadership. All I have heard from them is a bunch of political mudslinging. Hopefully both parties will start working together to solve these economic issues.

Whoo-eeee, that's an unearned sense of entitlement if I ever saw one.