• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

325,000 new private sector jobs in December.. Republicans mourn!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Truly?

Thing is, until the last few months of his presidency, Bush didn't need to create jobs.

I love that red herring though...you guys toss it so well!
more private sector jobs have been created under Pres Obama in just 3 years than under Bush's 8 years.

where's the red herring?

Corruptbuddha

Governor
The red herring is that for 7 of his 8 years Bush has a very strong employment rate. It was only after the 2008 bust that the economy started shedding jobs.

Bo-4

Senator
I know that you'll hope and pray for that CB.. in fact, i have absolutely no doubt! ;-)

Corruptbuddha

Governor
Not hope nor prayer.

Fact is facts.

The economy isn't strong enough (yet) to sustain even that anemic level of job growth.

Sorry, but it's a fact.

fairsheet

Senator
Of course we all understand that in order for us to consider the "new unemployment claims" number rationally, we have to adjust it for population. (Ceteris paribus) a claims number of 300k among a population of 300 Million, is better than a claims number of 110k among a population of 100 Million.

When we make this adjustment, we find that our current new claims number, has fallen almost to the average over the last 50 years. Considering the Li'l Georgiean hole we had to dig ourselves out of, "average" ain't bad - not bad at all.

On a sidenote, some folks might be interested to learn that during the hottest employment period we've enjoyed since WWII - the late 90's, the adjusted number never dropped below 200k.