• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

4 Presidents in NY all at once

Bugsy McGurk

President
He says nothing at all about the life of the officer killed....
Trump attends NYPD officer's wake as he highlights crime on the campaign trail
(msn.com)

Yet another campaign event.
Compare that to Obama's speech in Dallas

Full Transcript of President Obama's Speech at Dallas Police Memorial - ABC News (go.com)
The Sicknick family should have showed up and protested Trump’s duplicity in attending a cop’s wake after getting Brian Sicknick killed. But unlike Trump, they have class.

Jack4freedom

Governor
As I understand it Trump did not make any stupid self serving statements or bring a van load of Trump Bibles to sell. He was evidently respectful and well received at the wake. Good for hm. Maybe he is learning from past gaffes. As I am sure that all sane Americans are, I morn the loss of this young man who was doing his job in a routine traffic matter got blasted by some sick ass hole. It reminds us all about how dangerous it is to do that job. Whatever these men and women are paid…it sure isn’t enough. RIP and best wishes to his family and his baby who will never get to know his dad.

I heard that the fund raiser at Radio City was also very successful, entertaining and a little controversial regarding the Palestinian protestors. I heard that President Obama was very effective at answering the protestors without insulting them. It was also a good sign that Democrats seem to be quite unified regarding support for their nominee. I heard that President Clinton also did a good job of explaining what we face regarding the present state of our economy and going foreward. It is nice to know that President Biden can count on support and advise from a couple of successful two term Presidents who have been through many of the same ordeals that he may be faced with including but not limited to running for re-election as an incumbent which both were successful at doing. Very positive night for Dems in my book.

TBLee

Governor
As I understand it Trump did not make any stupid self serving statements or bring a van load of Trump Bibles to sell. He was evidently respectful and well received at the wake. Good for hm. Maybe he is learning from past gaffes. As I am sure that all sane Americans are, I morn the loss of this young man who was doing his job in a routine traffic matter got blasted by some sick ass hole. It reminds us all about how dangerous it is to do that job. Whatever these men and women are paid…it sure isn’t enough. RIP and best wishes to his family and his baby who will never get to know his dad.

I heard that the fund raiser at Radio City was also very successful, entertaining and a little controversial regarding the Palestinian protestors. I heard that President Obama was very effective at answering the protestors without insulting them. It was also a good sign that Democrats seem to be quite unified regarding support for their nominee. I heard that President Clinton also did a good job of explaining what we face regarding the present state of our economy and going foreward. It is nice to know that President Biden can count on support and advise from a couple of successful two term Presidents who have been through many of the same ordeals that he may be faced with including but not limited to running for re-election as an incumbent which both were successful at doing. Very positive night for Dems in my book.
Biden cannot rely on former Presidents to get him to the finish line. They without a doubt are giving it their best shot, but ultimately Joe has to figure out a way to do this without former Presidents being his main support system. Just my opinon…

Bugsy McGurk

President

Dunno about that. I suppose Trump behaved well by his lowly standards - no election lies or yapping about Biden - but I understand he didn’t speak of the slain cop, and instead ranted about one of his issues - crime. And, of course, his cultists have gone to great lengths to make the cop’s wake, and the Dem fundraiser, a political issue.

I’m still waiting for him to apologize for getting officer Sicknick killed.

The Sicknick family should have showed up and protested Trump’s duplicity in attending a cop’s wake after getting Brian Sicknick killed. But unlike Trump, they have class.
He crashed the funeral for a quick photo op...By tomorrow he will have forgotten the officers name .25 Million for Joe!!!

Last edited:

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Trump also failed to say anything comforting to anyone of the officer's family, friends or fellow law enforcement....it was all about "gee, isn't this horrible...we have to stop it"...
It was a campaign event for him.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Biden cannot rely on former Presidents to get him to the finish line. They without a doubt are giving it their best shot, but ultimately Joe has to figure out a way to do this without former Presidents being his main support system. Just my opinon…
Trump can't even count on his former VP or his wife to campaign for him...so what is his main support system? Rudy? Eastman? Sydney Powell?

Hmmm, Marjorie Taylor Greene? Matt Gaetz? Jim Jordan? Comer? A veritable clown car of lawyers and people hoping for jobs.

Jack4freedom

Governor
I never said Biden has to rely on them or anybody else to get to the finish line. I said it was nice to have a couple of very credible ex Presidents that support him and are willing to endorse his candidacy and if he wins these two guys are available to consult with and advise him. That’s what’s known as a positive asset in the campaign going down the stretch.

Joe has an incredible record in his elections for high office (9 wins 0 losses) so far so I am sure he is not going into this considering that his two former predecessors are “his main support system”;but it’s nice to have their support. One of Biden’s main weapons is that he always seems to be underrated by his opponents. That’s also a great asset when competing in any big contest.

All that said, Trump has the great disadvantage of not receiving any support from former GOP stalwarts, his ex Vice President, his biggest opponent in the primaries, Nikki Haley or the only other living former President, GW Bush. None of whom will even endorse his candidacy. The difference between these two candidates in that regard speaks volumes about both of them. Wouldn’t you agree?

TBLee

Governor
I never said Biden has to rely on them or anybody else to get to the finish line. I said it was nice to have a couple of very credible ex Presidents that support him and are willing to endorse his candidacy and if he wins these two guys are available to consult with and advise him. That’s what’s known as a positive asset in the campaign going down the stretch.

Joe has an incredible record in his elections for high office (9 wins 0 losses) so far so I am sure he is not going into this considering that his two former predecessors are “his main support system”;but it’s nice to have their support. One of Biden’s main weapons is that he always seems to be underrated by his opponents. That’s also a great asset when competing in any big contest.

All that said, Trump has the great disadvantage of not receiving any support from former GOP stalwarts, his ex Vice President, his biggest opponent in the primaries, Nikki Haley or the only other living former President, GW Bush. None of whom will even endorse his candidacy. The difference between these two candidates in that regard speaks volumes about both of them. Wouldn’t you agree?
At this point I believe most American’s are fed up with politics in general. The fact that Biden had a huge fundraiser I highly doubt is very significant to the average American. You can continue to believe IT is significant, but I highly doubt it.
I don’t know if Trump has a disadvantage or not, but I do believe our Country is not good with the direction our Country is in now. I am good with allowing our Country to decide at election time. Honestly, I believe our Country deserves better than the options we are left with. But it is what it is. And the rest is the hands of the voters.