• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

4 Things ACA Can't Do

Joe Economist

Council Member
Whether you like the ACA or dislike it, there are things to be said for the ACA. There are four things however that you can't say about it.

1) We know What It Will Cost

2) Our Budget Will Be Better Because We Created A New Entitlement

3) Our Spending On Healthcare Will Decrease

4) You Will Be Unaffected

Cost estimates run from $1 trillion to $2.6 trillion with CBO in the middle at roughly $1.75 trillion. Instead of using this new tax revenue to shore up the past entitlements all of which are heading for insolvency, DC create a new entitlement. Like Social Security which has a 23 trillion dollar shortfall, the ACA is suppose to be 'self-funding'. The idea that adding millions of people to the healthcare system will save money is insane. You have to be truly stupid to believe that increasing 3rd party spending will make anything more efficient.
The biggest failure here is Americans who trust the President when he said that most Americans who have insurance will be completely unaffected. Americans are affected when their insurance is discontinued by their employer or insurer - yes believe it or not insurers are leaving whole states. Doctors who do not agree with the new pricing structure are discontinued. While you aren't insured through the ACA, you will pay for it. There are a range of taxes on insurers that will be passed on to you the consumer. There are a range of new regulations which will be passed on to you the consumer.

Facts on Obamacare Prove POTUS Will Break These 4 Promises - PolicyMic

fairsheet

Senator
The PPACA doesn't create a new entitlement. The entitlement was "created" decades ago, with Reagan's EMTALA and all matter of societal decisions before and after.

What the PPACA does, is take a traditionally conservative stab at a more efficient means of managing and paying for that entitlement. The PPACA couldn't possibly be more firmly rooted in our traditional, conservative, capitalist and free market fundaments and understandings. As an acolyte of those fundaments and understandings, I see it as a no-brainer that The PPACA will end up costing our economy considerably less overall AND per unit, than the alternative.

But hey....I could be wrong. And if I am, so are our traditional, conservative, capitalist, and free market fundaments and understandings.

Joe Economist

Council Member
The PPACA doesn't create a new entitlement. The entitlement was "created" decades ago, with Reagan's EMTALA and all matter of societal decisions before and after.

What the PPACA does, is take a traditionally conservative stab at a more efficient means of managing and paying for that entitlement. The PPACA couldn't possibly be more firmly rooted in our traditional, conservative, capitalist and free market fundaments and understandings. As an acolyte of those fundaments and understandings, I see it as a no-brainer that The PPACA will end up costing our economy considerably less overall AND per unit, than the alternative.

But hey....I could be wrong. And if I am, so are our traditional, conservative, capitalist, and free market fundaments and understandings.
"Our traditional, conservative, capitalist, and free market fundaments and understandings" are only wrong if the ACA were based on traditional, conservative, capitalist, and free market fundaments and understandings. It isn't. And we have a discussion around here on how the ACA does not derive from the GOP much much much less any conservative thought.

fairsheet

Senator
"Our traditional, conservative, capitalist, and free market fundaments and understandings" are only wrong if the ACA were based on traditional, conservative, capitalist, and free market fundaments and understandings. It isn't. And we have a discussion around here on how the ACA does not derive from the GOP much much much less any conservative thought.
Your "rotism" is acknowledged, albeit utterly meaningless.

Joe Economist

Council Member

It expands the 3rd party payor system which no one thinks is efficient. So you are pushing talking points. The fact is that the ACA expands the size of the entitlement, and you are pretending that it doesn't.

fairsheet

Senator
It expands the 3rd party payor system which no one thinks is efficient. So you are pushing talking points. The fact is that the ACA expands the size of the entitlement, and you are pretending that it doesn't.
Medicare is almost universally acknowledged by virtually any objective economist, as one of the most efficient guvmint programs. Yet, you imply that "no one thinks (it's) efficient"....and you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

The ACA is nothing more than a market for a mandatory product within regulated guidelines. It is no different than seat belts on cars in that regard. The market will expand to add new customers, there will be new entries into the insurance industry, some will fall away and others will prosper. The subsidies will be driven by costs of health care. Once you have a command driven market, you can start working on costs. No one said this is the end of our health care program, it will be improved over time and some states may end up with single payer alternatives.