• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

60% of KY repubs support ACA Medicaid expansion

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
because they're all eligible?

The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky poll found that 60% of self-identified Republicans said they support expansion. In total, 79% of Kentuckians agree with Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear's decision to expand coverage to low-income people under the health care reform law.
The poll, conducted from Oct. 25 to Nov. 26 by the Policy Research Center at the University of Cincinnati and funded by the Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky, surveyed 1,551 adults.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/poll-kentucky-obamacare-medicaid-expansion

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I'm sure they're all decent people and a good number of them are poor.
308,000 Kentucky adults (pop. 4.3M) will now qualify for Medicaid. that doesn't include the children.
the KY governor and those who are signing up people had to pretend that this wasn't ObamaCare.

NightSwimmer

Senator
I'm sure they're all decent people and a good number of them are poor.
308,000 Kentucky adults (pop. 4.3M) will now qualify for Medicaid. that doesn't include the children.
the KY governor and those who are signing up people had to pretend that this wasn't ObamaCare.

I understand that. It just came across as an insult to the entire state of Kentucky. Democrats would be much more successful in motivating the potential Democrats in Southern states to get out and vote if they stopped hurling blanket insults at Southerners quite so often. It is already difficult enough to convince Southern Democrats to bother to come out for a presidential election, when they know that losing by a mere 1% swings the entire state's vote to the Republican candidate.