• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

60% of Republicans believe election "was stolen from Trump"

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Reuters/Ipsos polling: * Fully 53% of Republicans said that Donald Trump was the "true" president while 47% said Joe Biden, who is the actual president. * Another 56% of Republicans say that the results of the 2020 election were "the result of illegal voting or election rigging." * More than 6 in 10 GOPers either "strongly" (39%) or "somewhat" (22%) agreed with the statement that the 2020 election "was stolen from Donald Trump."

Zam-Zam

Senator
Reuters/Ipsos polling: * Fully 53% of Republicans said that Donald Trump was the "true" president while 47% said Joe Biden, who is the actual president. * Another 56% of Republicans say that the results of the 2020 election were "the result of illegal voting or election rigging." * More than 6 in 10 GOPers either "strongly" (39%) or "somewhat" (22%) agreed with the statement that the 2020 election "was stolen from Donald Trump."

Interesting.

I wonder what percentage of Democrats felt the election prior was stolen from Hillary?

Seems it not all that uncommon among losing politicians:

Hillary Clinton suggested she had the 2016 election “stolen” from her during the latest stop of her slumping speaking tour.

Taking the stage with her husband Bill in Los Angeles Saturday night as part of the couple’s “Evening with the Clintons” tour, the former Democratic presidential nominee told the crowd she has been warning potential candidates they could suffer the same fate.

“I think it’s also critical to understand that, as I’ve been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” the former secretary of state said.

She's hardly the only prominent Democrat claiming to have been wrongly kept out of office. On Friday, Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams again claimed she won the state's 2018 gubernatorial race, despite losing to now-Gov. Brian Kemp.

Hillary Clinton suggests election 'stolen' from her, other Dems could suffer same fate | Fox News

Oh well,, that's where we are as a society these days.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Interesting.

I wonder what percentage of Democrats felt the election prior was stolen from Hillary?

Hillary Clinton suggested she had the 2016 election “stolen” from her during the latest stop of her slumping speaking tour.

Taking the stage with her husband Bill in Los Angeles Saturday night as part of the couple’s “Evening with the Clintons” tour, the former Democratic presidential nominee told the crowd she has been warning potential candidates they could suffer the same fate.

“I think it’s also critical to understand that, as I’ve been telling candidates who have come to see me, you can run the best campaign, you can even become the nominee, and you can have the election stolen from you,” the former secretary of state said.

She's hardly the only prominent Democrat claiming to have been wrongly kept out of office. On Friday, Georgia Democrat Stacey Abrams again claimed she won the state's 2018 gubernatorial race, despite losing to now-Gov. Brian Kemp.

Hillary Clinton suggests election 'stolen' from her, other Dems could suffer same fate | Fox News

Since the majority of voters actually did vote for her...stolen isn't the most bizarre way to characterize it.

Did she allege it was voter fraud? Nope.

Trump's accusation was that thousands of people worked to steal the election.

How soon after the election was called did Hillary concede? When did Trump do so?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Since the majority of voters actually did vote for her...stolen isn't the most bizarre way to characterize it.

How soon after the election was called did Hillary concede? When did Trump do so?

Semantics.

If an election is "stolen", is it fairly decided, or not/

I have to laugh (yes, out loud), at those who try to rationalize absolutely everything so that one side is eternally virtuous and the other forever villainous. No fact will ever get in their way.

Politicians whining that it is unfair that they lost....Seems like they have a lot in common.

Fortunately for them, they have their human shield that can't wait to carry water for them.

I'll await the inevitable "Nu-uh" :D

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Interesting.

That's where Trump/repubs are.....a danger to our democracy.

I hope you still don't believe Trump's Big Lie that he won the election when he did not. I hope you didn't send money to Trump for his Stop the Steal grift.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Semantics.

If an election is "stolen", is it fairly decided, or not/

I have to laugh (yes, out loud), at those who try to rationalize absolutely everything so that one side is eternally virtuous and the other forever villainous. No fact will ever get in their way.

Politicians whining that it is unfair that they lost....Seems like they have a lot in common.

Fortunately for them, they have their human shield that can't wait to carry water for them.

I'll await the inevitable "Nu-uh" :D
So we do have Trump, even now, reciting the same bullshit about vote fraud. Over and over and over again. We have a mob attempt to stop the constitutional process of counting the electoral vote and certifying the election...and announcing the winner...and Trump interfered in that process, starting with his first allegations of a stolen election...

Somehow you equate that to Hillary and her comments about 2016, on stage and certainly not followed by violence.

Does that actually make sense to you? When did people predict a military coup to put Hillary into the White House?

Zam-Zam

Senator
That's where Trump/repubs are.....a danger to our democracy.

I hope you still don't believe Trump's Big Lie that he won the election when he did not. I hope you didn't send money to Trump for his Stop the Steal grift.

I don't think about him much. Hardly ever in fact.

You'd probably be happier if that was true for you, but sadly, you just can't help yourself.

You could prove me wrong, but we both know you won't.

Zam-Zam

Senator
So we do have Trump, even now, reciting the same bullshit about vote fraud. Over and over and over again. We have a mob attempt to stop the constitutional process of counting the electoral vote and certifying the election...and announcing the winner...and Trump interfered in that process, starting with his first allegations of a stolen election...

Somehow you equate that to Hillary and her comments about 2016, on stage and certainly not followed by violence.

Does that actually make sense to you? When did people predict a military coup to put Hillary into the White House?
It's just so darn funny how people let out-of-power politicians get inside their heads.

Two out-of-power politicians who lost elections....Yet, they can still live rent-free in some people's heads. And those folks will always rationalize their self-inflicted misery and be angry over....something.

Sad and funny at the same time.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

When she sobered up the next day after throwing shit at staff and blacking Bill's eye :)

Then wrote a book of why she lost :)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

"Military" hated Hillary

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
They can't hack reality. Dumbasses too.