• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A 14-year-old was chased and shot 18 times while waiting for a bus in (D) run Philadelphia, reports say

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Why do you think people become “gang bangers”? Because society is set up so that’s what they have to do to survive.
They see big money in selling dope rather than working and it's killing them.......

Just read of another teen killed in Philly do to road rage.......shooters were in the car than ran into the other car and pulled up and started shooting............

"that's what they have to do to survive" bullshit doesn't feed the bulldog

1638590742604.png

Last edited:

EatTheRich

President
They see big money in selling dope rather than working and it's killing them.......

Just read of another teen killed in Philly do to road rage.......shooters were in the car than ran into the other car and pulled up and started shooting............

When the job market is good you see fewer people selling dope to get money.

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
Why do you think people become “gang bangers”? Because society is set up so that’s what they have to do to survive.
Morals, work ethic, and strong family values have more to with prosperity than anything. Many people I know came from extreme poverty. They worked hard to get out of that situation, without falling for the "easy" money of drugs and larceny.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Morals, work ethic, and strong family values have more to with prosperity than anything. Many people I know came from extreme poverty. They worked hard to get out of that situation, without falling for the "easy" money of drugs and larceny.
My post #27 answers his silly question

EatTheRich

President
Someone born to parents with an income in the bottom 10% of Americans only has a 25% chance of having an income in the top 50% and a 5% chance of having an income in the top 10%. Someone born to parents with an income in the top 10% has a 95% chance of having an income in the top 10% and a 99% chance of having an income in the top 50%.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Someone born to parents with an income in the bottom 10% of Americans only has a 25% chance of having an income in the top 50% and a 5% chance of having an income in the top 10%. Someone born to parents with an income in the top 10% has a 95% chance of having an income in the top 10% and a 99% chance of having an income in the top 50%.
How does that address amorality and the visiting of violence on another?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 67304
True. I pass there regularly

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
I don't strive to be in the top 50%, and I don't know anyone that thinks like that. I don't even know what that adds up to, but I'm not envious of those with more money than me. Most working people I know want to make a decent living, an honest days work for an honest days wage, to support their families.
I do know a few people that probably make well above that 50% mark, and every one of them are good, charitable, down to earth people.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don't strive to be in the top 50%, and I don't know anyone that thinks like that. I don't even know what that adds up to, but I'm not envious of those with more money than me. Most working people I know want to make a decent living, an honest days work for an honest days wage, to support their families.
I do know a few people that probably make well above that 50% mark, and every one of them are good, charitable, down to earth people.
Losers always blame their lives on others

EatTheRich

President
How does that address amorality and the visiting of violence on another?
The immoral visiting of violence on an entire class of people by a privileged ruling minority is the reason it is possible, and the underlying explanation for the smaller-scale violence reflected in the attempt by people in the oppressed class to apply the principles of the oppressor class to their own economic designs.

EatTheRich

President
For what it’s worth, being in the top 50% in the U.S. (something only 25% of those born in the bottom 10% will do) means making at least $31,133 per year. Not easy to live on if you ask me.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
For what it’s worth, being in the top 50% in the U.S. (something only 25% of those born in the bottom 10% will do) means making at least $31,133 per year. Not easy to live on if you ask me.
It's according to what your definition of "live one' means. I know many-many that lived quite well on that and many on less than that yearly and the proof is visible when you ride by their brick homes with 2 or more cars in the drive ways and maybe a boat and camper in the yard also.

For many $31,133 per year afforded them a nice life if they lived within their means and didn't try to keep up with the Jones's. Meanwhile you throw your money away on Rent and may never own anything, that's your fault.