• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A 14-year-old was chased and shot 18 times while waiting for a bus in (D) run Philadelphia, reports say

EatTheRich

President
It's according to what your definition of "live one' means. I know many-many that lived quite well on that and many on less than that yearly and the proof is visible when you ride by their brick homes with 2 or more cars in the drive ways and maybe a boat and camper in the yard also.

For many $31,133 per year afforded them a nice life if they lived within their means and didn't try to keep up with the Jones's. Meanwhile you throw your money away on Rent and may never own anything, that's your fault.
No one can pay a down payment on $30000 a year ($2500 per month). No bank is gonna give you a mortgage with that.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
No one can pay a down payment on $30000 a year ($2500 per month). No bank is gonna give you a mortgage with that.
Where do you get $2500 per month, that's a big house for a single person

So how did all these homes get purchased by people making less than $32,000?

You have more excuses than Carters has Liver Pills

BTW: you already on break or walking to work !

A Philadelphia family is mourning the loss of their 14-year-old son after he was shot nearly 20 times while waiting for a bus.

According to 3 CBS Philly, Samir Jefferson was ambushed in broad daylight in North Philadelphia on Monday by two assailants.

“A vehicle, maybe two, pull up. Two males get out and start shooting at him, chasing him,” Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Scott Small told the outlet.

A 14-year-old was chased and shot 18 times while waiting for a bus in Philadelphia, reports say (msn.com)

This is awful.

Philadelphia City Council Defunds Police By $33 Million

https://www.bing.com/search?q=philadelphia+defunds+police&form=ANNTH1&refig=809ef83ea6964f9594b9e296439e602c#

Defund by lefty didn't work.
Snitches get stitches. Or 9mm slugs, if its gang related.

EatTheRich

President

Yeah. Walking to work right now, at 8:30. This is one of my short days, working till 3 (I work 2 10-hour shifts, 2 6-hour shifts, and an 8-hour shift in a week), so I’ll probably post on my way to taekwondo too. Ask about my shoes next, anything to avoid topic.

$30000/12=$2500 which is my monthly rent. Median before-tax income, before any money is budgeted for for example food.

I don’t know what it’s like in N. Carolina but here almost all the homes are owned by big investment firms that bought them for rental properties.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yeah. Walking to work right now, at 8:30. This is one of my short days, working till 3 (I work 2 10-hour shifts, 2 6-hour shifts, and an 8-hour shift in a week), so I’ll probably post on my way to taekwondo too. Ask about my shoes next, anything to avoid topic.

$30000/12=$2500 which is my monthly rent. Median before-tax income, before any money is budgeted for for example food.

I don’t know what it’s like in N. Carolina but here almost all the homes are owned by big investment firms that bought them for rental properties.
If you're paying $2500 monthly in rent you are living above your means.....as proven in my link below

I'm sure on the coast and mountains and in between some homes are owned by investors but imo majority are owned by working folks........blue birds are flocking to NC due to low prices, making it not as cheap to live as before

I looked at your state

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

I got all my houses making less than 32,000. However, I always gave 10 percent to God, 10 percent to myself, invested in the market place and sought stocks that paid dividends so I got paid twice,

1. If I sold.
2. Dividends

Think long term.

How ETR does it is theft...Err Communism. Aka You give me your stuff.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

I got all my houses making less than 32,000. However, I always gave 10 percent to God, 10 percent to myself, invested in the market place and sought stocks that paid dividends so I got paid twice,

1. If I sold.
2. Dividends

Think long term. Do the work. Stay humble.

How ETR does it is theft...Err Communism. Aka, you give me your stuff.

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
For what it’s worth, being in the top 50% in the U.S. (something only 25% of those born in the bottom 10% will do) means making at least $31,133 per year. Not easy to live on if you ask me.
Thanks for the information. I guess I am in the top 50% then. My parents instilled a strong work ethic in us that has greatly improved our lives. We were taught to do everything as if we were doing it for God, regardless of who was writing the check.

EatTheRich

President
If you're paying $2500 monthly in rent you are living above your means.....as proven in my link below

I'm sure on the coast and mountains and in between some homes are owned by investors but imo majority are owned by working folks........blue birds are flocking to NC due to low prices, making it not as cheap to live as before

I looked at your state

What can I say, I like to have a roof over my head?

EatTheRich

President
Thanks for the information. I guess I am in the top 50% then. My parents instilled a strong work ethic in us that has greatly improved our lives. We were taught to do everything as if we were doing it for God, regardless of who was writing the check.
There are a lot of hard-working people in that bottom 50% too.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
What can I say, I like to have a roof over my head?
Wasn't long ago you were couching off friends and why do you need a $2500 roof when rent in Montana is some of cheapest in the USA.................you've always posted of have house mates, so now you're alone under a $2500 roof

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wasn't long ago you were couching off friends and why do you need a $2500 roof when rent in Montana is some of cheapest in the USA.................you've always posted of have house mates, so now you're alone under a $2500 roof
Lol. Must be some home for $2500 rental

EatTheRich

President
1. You made that up, which is why you can't link to it.
2. $2500 is the rent for all of us to share a 5-bedroom, 2-bath, making it about the cheapest place in town.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
1. You made that up, which is why you can't link to it.
2. $2500 is the rent for all of us to share a 5-bedroom, 2-bath, making it about the cheapest place in town.