• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Blunt Instrument

What is Romney's true position?

• He actually misunderstood and supports Blunt.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • His first response was true. He opposes Blunt.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • He is willing to say or do anything to be elected.

Votes: 19 90.5%

• Total voters

NightSwimmer

Senator
Upside Romney's head.

aseniorsforademocraticsociety.files.wordpress.com_2012_02_romndecd4dad9b99fecfcf9a74f7137e58a0.jpg

First, Mitt Romney said he was opposed to the Blunt amendment, then walked back comments ... beginning with the lie that he didn't understand the question.

If he can't understand the questions, then why is he even being interviewed?

How does he explain this most recent flip-flop?

fairsheet

Senator
Upside Romney's head.

aseniorsforademocraticsociety.files.wordpress.com_2012_02_romndecd4dad9b99fecfcf9a74f7137e58a0.jpg

First, Mitt Romney said he was opposed to the Blunt amendment, then walked back comments ... beginning with the lie that he didn't understand the question.

If he can't understand the questions, then why is he even being interviewed?

How does he explain this most recent flip-flop?
Poor bastard...if someone would PLEASE just tell him what he's supposed'a say!

Days

Commentator
Here's the thing, he fully understood the question and gave a complete answer that fully laid out his position in accordance with the issue... his answer never had anything to do with some other understanding, it was detailed and it was only about Blunt and it obviously attacked Santorum on the issue. Then his people get him aside and tell him, "idiot, we have the same position on this issue" ... and then Romney makes up his cockamamie story about misunderstanding the question, even though his answer clearly made sense to the question and the issue and clearly was not about some other bill he claims to have had in his head.

So he Lied, plain and simple. But worse than that, his original Palinistic answer revealed not only a saner view of the world but the suppression of that sanity for the sake of winning the nomination. So the guy that is not willing to set his hair on fire is willing to gut what's under neath his hair. which is worse?

NightSwimmer

Senator
I tend to agree with your assessment, Days. It's not as if he rattled off a yes or no answer to the question. I hope he actually believes what he said in that interview, but you never know with Old Flip-Flop Mitt.

Days

Commentator
The reason Mitt scares me is I see a lust for power in this guy. I understand that all politicians will say anything to get elected... that's universal... but what scares me about Mitt is what he is capable of doing with the power, once he secures it. GW toed the line with his father's political allies, grudgingly doing what they asked of him... but not with any particular desire on his own part. Mitt can't wait to get his hands on the controls... he's the kind of leader who would start a world war and nuke half the planet, then give a fireside chat and tell us "half the battle is already won".

Days

Commentator
that's what they used to depict in the old cartoons when the character was looking at something and greed came over the character and they would blink and dollar signs would be in both eyes and you'd hear the sound of a cash register... Mitt has the real thing in his eyes.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I think he doesn't support it. And he should have explained why and stuck to his guns.
He doesn't need to court the hard right anyway.

degsme

Council Member
My footwear the summers I was a Waterfront Safety Director (Lifeguard) flipflopped less than Romney does.

jammer

Mayor
Here's the thing, he fully understood the question and gave a complete answer that fully laid out his position in accordance with the issue... his answer never had anything to do with some other understanding, it was detailed and it was only about Blunt and it obviously attacked Santorum on the issue. Then his people get him aside and tell him, "idiot, we have the same position on this issue" ... and then Romney makes up his cockamamie story about misunderstanding the question, even though his answer clearly made sense to the question and the issue and clearly was not about some other bill he claims to have had in his head.

So he Lied, plain and simple. But worse than that, his original Palinistic answer revealed not only a saner view of the world but the suppression of that sanity for the sake of winning the nomination. So the guy that is not willing to set his hair on fire is willing to gut what's under neath his hair. which is worse?
Come on Days, this was Mitten's "Herman Cain" moment... “I gotta go back to — got all this stuff twirling around in my head.”

LMAO!!

Bo-4

Senator
I chose B AND C. He opposes it, but he'd clearly say ANYTHING to get elected.

That bill he signed into law (Scotty Brown signed it too.. oh the humanity!) making BC available to all women in Massachusetts is going to dog him.. good i say!

*He can just strap that dog to his roof and drive 1200 miles with it ;-)

Bruce

Council Member
The reason Mitt scares me is I see a lust for power in this guy. I understand that all politicians will say anything to get elected... that's universal... but what scares me about Mitt is what he is capable of doing with the power, once he secures it. GW toed the line with his father's political allies, grudgingly doing what they asked of him... but not with any particular desire on his own part. Mitt can't wait to get his hands on the controls... he's the kind of leader who would start a world war and nuke half the planet, then give a fireside chat and tell us "half the battle is already won".
He's been groomed from day one by the morman church to acquire the position so as to bring validity to the morman faith. Never ever under estimate the power of a cult to further their status in the nation. The catholic cultist's have become the richest people in the world by cultivating their follower's, I give you Rick Santorum. Go forth and multiply so that the church will acquire more riches and sheeple's.

NightSwimmer

Senator
I think he doesn't support it. And he should have explained why and stuck to his guns.
He doesn't need to court the hard right anyway.
I agree on both counts. In my opinion, this is what makes him a weak candidate. He doesn't appear to have any core convictions, nor does he offer a cohesive governing philosophy. He has done nothing with his life but to seek the Presidency since 2006, and yet, in all that time he has put forward no legislative agenda to speak of. Instead, he seems to believe that merely winning the campaign is the ultimate goal of his Presidential ambitions.

I don't see his numerous flip-flops as an attempt to disguise his true beliefs so much as an effort to hide the fact that there is no "there" there. Mitt Romney is an empty suit with no substantial plan that extends beyond election day.

As for the support of the hard-right Republican base; he meets their qualifications, since he is not Barack Obama. He has wasted far too much effort courting this voting bloc while simultaneously alienating the independent voters who will ultimately decide the outcome of the general election.