• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Good Reason to Take The Stairs...

Craig

Senator
Supporting Member
I'm stunned at this tale. 17 days...and not one person used (or checked) the damn stairs????

Family and friends of a patient who disappeared from her room only to be found dead in a hospital stairwell more than two weeks later demanded answers from authorities and medical officials, who said they too were "horrified" at what happened to Lynne Spalding.

"We need to know what Lynne's condition was. We need to know what she was being treated for and frankly we need to know what medications she was on and what state of mind she was in," Spalding's friend and family spokesman David Perry said Wednesday. "We're not trying to place blame. We're trying to find answers. And anyone is found in the stairwell of a hospital it's disturbing."

San Francisco General Hospital Chief Medical Officer Todd May said officials were still awaiting official confirmation of the Spalding's identity and her cause of death from the medical examiner. But he said the hospital had enough information to conclude the body discovered in the fourth-floor stairwell this week during a routine check belonged to the 57-year-old Spalding.

She had been missing for 17 days.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sf-hospital-concludes-body-missing-patient-20523617

Caroljo

Senator
That's really bad........

And I bet the family STILL had to pay the hospital bill.
But, I'm sure they'll get all THAT back plus! Hopefully the hospital will have to give that family millions!

ya-ta-hey

Mayor
I'm stunned at this tale. 17 days...and not one person used (or checked) the damn stairs????

Family and friends of a patient who disappeared from her room only to be found dead in a hospital stairwell more than two weeks later demanded answers from authorities and medical officials, who said they too were "horrified" at what happened to Lynne Spalding.

"We need to know what Lynne's condition was. We need to know what she was being treated for and frankly we need to know what medications she was on and what state of mind she was in," Spalding's friend and family spokesman David Perry said Wednesday. "We're not trying to place blame. We're trying to find answers. And anyone is found in the stairwell of a hospital it's disturbing."

San Francisco General Hospital Chief Medical Officer Todd May said officials were still awaiting official confirmation of the Spalding's identity and her cause of death from the medical examiner. But he said the hospital had enough information to conclude the body discovered in the fourth-floor stairwell this week during a routine check belonged to the 57-year-old Spalding.

She had been missing for 17 days.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sf-hospital-concludes-body-missing-patient-20523617
Mr. Craig,

To be fair, one SEIU represented employee did see Spalding in the stairwell, but since he was on break, you really couldn't have expected him to report it, wot? It's bad enough she was blocking his way that he had to step over her.