• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A Haiku in three verse (5,7,5) for those who are called

justoffal

Senator
A young soldier cried
On the red-soaked Uniform
A friend from childhood

They laughed together
over an old comic book
The sky was so blue

Eternal summer
Wilson leather and red stitch
Going, going.....gone.

Days

Commentator
nicely done. Where's Sandy?

about that aether; some, if not many, physicists think it is composed of sub-subatomic particles... not near large enough to transmit inertia of molecules (heat transfer) but nevertheless, sufficient to act as a medium for the charging and recharging of an electronic field force; hence, permitting induction of light to travel through the vast vacuum of space. Otherwise, how would light travel through space? An electronic field needs a medium to act upon in order to faithfully reproduce itself, over and over. Light travels as a wave.

solar flares are deadly because they are exploding light; the radiation is then carried by the induction wave; there's no escaping it once your craft is beyond the magnetosphere of the earth.

justoffal

Senator
Greetings Days and congrats on your new Status as Senator!

One thing is deducible about the Aether....it has dimensions that seem to be held in place by some kind of infrastructure. The infrastructure shows signs of being affected by things like gravity and magnetic field presence.

I some parts of space a parsec might be a parsec but in other parts it might be half a parsec.

The implications on this are not only clear but also hugely momentous! It means that to date most of the dating processes that we rely on are probably....well....unreliable.

justoffal

Senator
Wow...that's some great stuff!

Thanks for the link!

And great offerings here btw...I have been reading since I opened this board yesterday.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
A young soldier cried
On the red-soaked Uniform
A friend from childhood

They laughed together
over an old comic book
The sky was so blue

Eternal summer
Wilson leather and red stitch
Going, going.....gone.
Somehow I missed this, JO.. A really neat poem, thanks for sharing! :cool:

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
It depends on the particular style. I think typical Haiku is 5/7/5 but I can't do Haiku. It seems to come natural to Sandy.You can google it and learn a lot about it.

I find this type of verse so interesting.. thanks for the link.. Maybe it is something I would like to try.. it doesn't look that complicated.

Thunder booms,streaks of lightening
flash zigzag
Rain drops pelt the roof

Not sure how many lines to use.. in haiku!

lilly

Council Member
I think three lines Addy since it is 5, 7, 5 or three groups of 5 7 5 like justoffal did. I think I'll try.

The magic of spring
Hold breath, anticipation
Picturesque beauty

lilly

Council Member
Circus comes to town
Children jump for joy at thought
Cotton candy waits

Elephants walk show
Don't seem to know where to go
The clowns will show them

Over very fast
Gee why can't it last forever
Big dreams for next year

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I think three lines Addy since it is 5, 7, 5 or three groups of 5 7 5 like justoffal did. I think I'll try.

The magic of spring
Hold breath, anticipation
Picturesque beauty

Very nice, Lilly! I think I read on Jack's link, paraphrased slightly, one should be able to say it in just one breath. :D

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
It depends on the particular style. I think typical Haiku is 5/7/5 but I can't do Haiku. It seems to come natural to Sandy.You can google it and learn a lot about it.
Thanks, Jack.. I want to learn more about it.. I will investigate Haiku further.. :) lol

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Circus comes to town
Children jump for joy at thought
Cotton candy waits

Elephants walk show
Don't seem to know where to go
The clowns will show them

Over very fast
Gee why can't it last forever
Big dreams for next year
Looks like a cool one to me, Lilly. I liked that one very much! Thanks