• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A history of Ukraine that contextualizes

God of War

Governor
Odd. No. I merely addressed your propaganda.
What wrong steps did Ukraine make in its expressed desire to distance itself from Russia?
None.

But you've just made the case that Ukraine should determine its own fate by its own efforts. Which is what is happening. I just feel Democrats (and neocons) have mislead Ukrainians in some fundamental way and the implications could be thermonuclear war. You talk about ebb and flow. Well, its ebbing right now.

I just want the killing of innocents to stop. So you either win outright quickly, surrender, or Putin is removed. Fulfillng Victoria Nuland's and her kinds' false promises is not my interest or concern.

If you as a people choose a long protracted war that is your choice. Supporting you on this side of the border is ours.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
None.

But you've just made the case that Ukraine should determine its own fate by its own efforts. Which is what is happening. I just feel Democrats (and neocons) have mislead Ukrainians in some fundamental way and the implications could be thermonuclear war. You talk about ebb and flow. Well, its ebbing right now.

I just want the killing of innocents to stop. So you either win outright quickly, surrender, or Putin is removed. Fulfillng Victoria Nuland's and her kinds' false promises is not my interest or concern.

If you as a people choose a long protracted war that is your choice. Supporting you on this side of the border is ours.
I imagine if things had gone differently in the past things may be different today. But some of its own efforts were based in the promises of others, who have now forsaken those promises.

At one point in time Ukraine was the third largest nuclear arsenal on Earth. It should have remained so and we would not have these problems today. Or perhaps we wouldn't have these problems today is a better way to say it

They gave up those nukes in exchange for an agreement called The Budapest memorandum. Those signatories betrayed that agreement

I believe the other agreement is called the Minsk agreement, and those parties betrayed that agreement as well.

So in reality there were so called friends in those instances and exchanges, who now sit idly by, with one glaring exception

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You've just made the argument then that let providence and grace determine what happens to Ukraine. Let there be war to determine if the mongols rule or not. Fine. America has no dog in that war. Democrat Americans and Soros have a dog in it but Americans don't. We are being manipulated by Democrats (and Soros) and I don't like it.

Should Ukraine be a free independent country? Yes. But it made the wrong choices getting there so far it seems to me.
So you favor dictates from the nearest super power to control what sovereign countries are permitted to do.

"No, Ukraine, you may not enter into economic agreements with the EU. Your only permissible choice is to join my economic club"

"No, Ukraine, you may not sign a cooperative defense agreement with NATO and you may not have an army. Even though my army invaded Ukraine several times over the last 100 years and I have brutally ruled your land....we have to put that behind us and let me make your decisions for you"....

F*ck that.