• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A lesson in why you don't know things you think you know.

Boltlady

Mayor
You are either not told or deliberately fed misinformation. These cover-ups come from the top layers of sources you've thought you could depend on. You really should read the article in the link and realize that it is only the beginning of the truth coming out.

https://www.cbsnews.com › news › irs-whistleblower-tax-probe-hunter-biden
IRS whistleblower speaks: DOJ "slow-walked" tax probe said to involve ...
4 days agoShapley is a supervisory special agent with the IRS's criminal investigations department, currently overseeing a team of 12 agents who specialize in international tax and financial crimes.

Last edited:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
You are either not told or deliberately fed misinformation. These cover-ups come from the top layers of sources you've thought you could depend on. You really should read the article in the link and realize that it is only the beginning of the truth coming out.

4 days agoShapley is a supervisory special agent with the IRS's criminal investigations department, currently overseeing a team of 12 agents who specialize in international tax and financial crimes.
Let it go forward. Shapley, BTW is a republican. As usual it makes one wonder if it's a political stunt.
The White House declined to comment on the matter, but shared a statement it has previously released saying President Biden "has made clear that this matter would be handled independently by the Justice Department, under the leadership of a U.S. Attorney appointed by former President Trump, free from any political interference by the White House. He has upheld that commitment."

In a Senate hearing in March, Attorney General Merrick Garland vowed not to interfere with the work of David Weiss, the U.S. Attorney in Delaware leading the Hunter Biden investigation.

"I promise to ensure that he's able to carry out his investigation and that he be able to run it,"
Garland said on March 1.

Shapley would not say whether he was being investigated by the Justice Department in connection with the steps he's taken.

TBLee

Governor
Let it go forward. Shapley, BTW is a republican. As usual it makes one wonder if it's a political stunt.
The White House declined to comment on the matter, but shared a statement it has previously released saying President Biden "has made clear that this matter would be handled independently by the Justice Department, under the leadership of a U.S. Attorney appointed by former President Trump, free from any political interference by the White House. He has upheld that commitment."

In a Senate hearing in March, Attorney General Merrick Garland vowed not to interfere with the work of David Weiss, the U.S. Attorney in Delaware leading the Hunter Biden investigation.

"I promise to ensure that he's able to carry out his investigation and that he be able to run it,"
Garland said on March 1.

Shapley would not say whether he was being investigated by the Justice Department in connection with the steps he's taken.
So you judge ALL whistleblower's to their political party affiliation?

TBLee

Governor
No, not really it was just an interesting side note.
Have you had that same interesting side note with other whistleblowers? Are you basing the “political stunt” comment solely on his political affiliation, if not what is it that makes you believe it is a political stunt?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Have you had that same interesting side note with other whistleblowers? Are you basing the “political stunt” comment solely on his political affiliation, if not what is it that makes you believe it is a political stunt?
I didn't precisely say it was a political stunt... it makes one wonder if it is.

TBLee

Governor
I didn't precisely say it was a political stunt... it makes one wonder if it is.
I never said you did. But my questions still hold true. Did you have the same side note involving other whistleblowers, or just this particular one? Are you basing the possibility of it being a “political stunt” solely on his political affiliation. If not what is it that makes you feel this could be a political stunt?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I never said you did. But my questions still hold true. Did you have the same side note involving other whistleblowers, or just this particular one? Are you basing the possibility of it being a “political stunt” solely on his political affiliation. If not what is it that makes you feel this could be a political stunt?
Mainly because digging up dirt is par for the course re: dems or repubs.

TBLee

Governor
Mainly because digging up dirt is par for the course re: dems or repubs.
You said “Shapley, BTW is a republican. As usual it makes one wonder if it's a political stunt. “. It appeared to me that you mentioning his political party makes you wonder if it is a political stunt. Was there anything in particular besides him being a Republican that offers proof of it being a political stunt? I am serious in my questions as I found your wording interesting…

Boltlady

Mayor

Garland said on March 1.

Him too?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com › news › justice › second-irs-whistleblower-hunter-biden-concerns-retaliated
Hunter Biden investigation: Second IRS whistleblower claims retaliation ...
6 days agoThe IRS agent's allegations also "involve failure to mitigate clear conflicts of interest in the ultimate disposition of the case" against Hunter Biden and "contradict sworn testimony to ...

middleview

President
Supporting Member

So in Shapely's opinion the investigation into tax crimes was "slow walked", but Hunter has already paid back taxes and fines...right?

The investigation into the laptop is bigger than just taxes. A republican prosecutor, appointed by Trump, is leading it. Is he the one interfering in it?

The DOJ/FBI/IRS are targeting political opponents for the Democrats and covering for its members.

A country cannot be free with this level of corruption.

Jack4freedom

Governor
The DOJ/FBI/IRS are targeting political opponents for the Democrats and covering for its members.

A country cannot be free with this level of corruption.
Bla, bla, bla, bla……..More empty talk with nothing to back it up…..Suddenly the FBI which has always been a very conservative agency and most of it‘s agents were Republicans, (Comey, Mueller, Wray, Strzok,) turns into an arm of the Democratic Party so they can pick on poor innocent Donny Trump…..Pretty ridiculous on its face, wouldn‘t you agree.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Garland said on March 1.

Nice job citing the GOVERNMENT position. Remember back when citizen’s didn’t simply regurgitate the government’s political statements as instructive or compelling…but were instead vigilant and independent? No more.

To quote Oprah, “Everyone is a Press Secretary! You are a Press Secretary, and you are a Press Secretary, and…”

Good grief.

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
Him too?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com › news › justice › second-irs-whistleblower-hunter-biden-concerns-retaliated
Hunter Biden investigation: Second IRS whistleblower claims retaliation ...
6 days agoThe IRS agent's allegations also "involve failure to mitigate clear conflicts of interest in the ultimate disposition of the case" against Hunter Biden and "contradict sworn testimony to ...
WHEN ARE YOU people PUTTING HUNTER IN JAIL ALREADY, geezus what is the damn holdup ! Is this yet another Bengazi nothingburger with lettuce, mayo and cheese ?
I saw Hannity was still " exposing" Hunter last night as I was flipping channels - yessir !

TBLee

Governor
WHEN ARE YOU people PUTTING HUNTER IN JAIL ALREADY, geezus what is the damn holdup ! Is this yet another Bengazi nothingburger with lettuce, mayo and cheese ?
I saw Hannity was still " exposing" Hunter last night as I was flipping channels - yessir !
I suspect the same time Trump goes to jail. Such silliness…

I"m the cynical type. I think almost ALL criminal prosecutions are "slow walked". So that politicians can weigh in, and make their positions known. the only time that DOESNT happen is if the prosecutor himself/herself has ambitions for higher office, and wants to be seen as fulfilling constituents' mandates.