• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A poster wants a rule change

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
@bdtex

Seems there is a desire to go back to policing threadjacking and deliberate tangents by posters. This despite all the whining in the past that there was too much policing.

Couple whiny types don't like it, though demonstrably they themselves are among the top offenders.

What do you think?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
go ahead, you get my vote - but be sure to take down both side - amiright?
Hey so did you want to flesh it out a little bit? So you want each and every instance where a poster enters a thread and offers a contrast to another individual, or a prior administration, or a former president, or a different party you want all of those deleted?

Just to note that would likely be the majority of the site.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
go ahead, you get my vote - but be sure to take down both side - amiright?
So here's an example. Poster makes a thread and says so and so president was such a [Unwelcome language removed] up there hasn't been a [Unwelcome language removed] up like him ever. Then other posters enter and say oh yeah well so and so president in his also a [Unwelcome language removed] up and here's how.

What do you think fella? That's a hell of a lot of post. I mean on a political board that's pretty much the entirety of all the posts. Let me know your thoughts

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So here's an example. Poster makes a thread and says so and so president was such a [Unwelcome language removed] up there hasn't been a [Unwelcome language removed] up like him ever. Then other posters enter and say oh yeah well so and so president in his also a [Unwelcome language removed] up and here's how.

What do you think fella? That's a hell of a lot of post. I mean on a political board that's pretty much the entirety of all the posts. Let me know your thoughts
I agree with you....
Clearly judging the relevance of one post to the top post is subjective...When someone posts criticism of one president for a policy or action and the response is to point out that it was ok when another president did exactly that...I think it is on topic.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Hey so did you want to flesh it out a little bit? So you want each and every instance where a poster enters a thread and offers a contrast to another individual, or a prior administration, or a former president, or a different party you want all of those deleted?

Just to note that would likely be the majority of the site.
Yep. Lots of deletions.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you....
Clearly judging the relevance of one post to the top post is subjective...When someone posts criticism of one president for a policy or action and the response is to point out that it was ok when another president did exactly that...I think it is on topic.
Agree. Thanks

EatTheRich

President
Agreed. Things like persistent personal abuse of posters, dick pics, malware/phishing links, and doxxing are appropriate for moderator action. Rhetorical strategies for diverting the conversation while staying on the topic of politics are too subjective and if people don't like them they can always use the ignore feature.

write on

Senator
@bdtex

Seems there is a desire to go back to policing threadjacking and deliberate tangents by posters. This despite all the whining in the past that there was too much policing.

Couple whiny types don't like it, though demonstrably they themselves are among the top offenders.

What do you think?
Don't tighten the noose too much.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed. Things like persistent personal abuse of posters, dick pics, malware/phishing links, and doxxing are appropriate for moderator action. Rhetorical strategies for diverting the conversation while staying on the topic of politics are too subjective and if people don't like them they can always use the ignore feature.
Much appreciated.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Too much moderation could end the popularity of any said site.

It's a fine line to walk.
That's precisely the thing. When BD and I moderated, shall we say more intensely, many whined and fled. Then we had a vote and those that remained a majority said cut it back. And here we are

Though by and large I think that those that are the perennial complainers manipulate the whole as a hobby. So be it