• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A poster wants a rule change

write on

Senator
That's precisely the thing. When BD and I moderated, shall we say more intensely, many whined and fled. Then we had a vote and those that remained a majority said cut it back. And here we are

Though by and large I think that those that are the perennial complainers manipulate the whole as a hobby. So be it
My opinion is the problem is that many want a poster banned because they didn't like the reply that they got and then incessantly whine to you mods.

Childish

What to do?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
My opinion is the problem is that many want a poster banned because they didn't like the reply that they got and then incessantly whine to you mods.

What to do?

Childish
That's not the case at all. Maybe 1-2 reports a day these days.

TBLee

Governor
That's precisely the thing. When BD and I moderated, shall we say more intensely, many whined and fled. Then we had a vote and those that remained a majority said cut it back. And here we are

Though by and large I think that those that are the perennial complainers manipulate the whole as a hobby. So be it
Moderation is needed. Without a doubt, this site is not seeing the traffic it once did. There is a reason. Just saying. Hopefully, there will be a way to see some improvement.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Moderation is needed. Without a doubt, this site is not seeing the traffic it once did. There is a reason. Just saying. Hopefully, there will be a way to see some improvement.
Yep. That much is true.. but the only real change is what is discussed above... We actually moderate less.

The cons that ran away cause they couldn't handle defending their positions..that can't be helped

write on

Senator
Don't understand. Someone asking to have you banned? No such thing received.
Here's the latest. Was posted just a moment ago.

This is a meager attempt....

TBLee

Governor
Yep. That much is true.. but the only real change is what is discussed above... We actually moderate less.

The cons that ran away cause they couldn't handle defending their positions..that can't be helped
Well……I honestly feel this forum became a place in which many stopped being free to voice their opinion without attack. Without being bullied to the point in which it was just easier to find a way to a forum in which moderation was consistent. It wasn’t a matter of “defending their position”, it was a matter of shameless bullying. Meh…..guess it is what it is. You all have a VERY difficult job, one I would never want to have.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the latest. Was posted just a moment ago.

This is a meager attempt....

Interesting. I would ignore

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well……I honestly feel this forum became a place in which many stopped being free to voice their opinion without attack. Without being bullied to the point in which it was just easier to find a way to a forum in which moderation was consistent. It wasn’t a matter of “defending their position”, it was a matter of shameless bullying. Meh…..guess it is what it is. You all have a VERY difficult job, one I would never want to have.
Simply untrue. Several fled because they couldn't handle being challenged..... That's not denying anybody's freedom to voice their opinion, that's simply being unable to handle being challenged. That's not a problem of moderation or this site that's the individual's personal problem.

What's funny is that some of them fled to a site where the moderation simply throws you out if they don't like what you say, so it's not like they achieved any level of consistency, they achieved an echo chamber that's all

write on

Senator
I understood what they meant
Oh, I thought you just told me that you didn't.

I guess I'm not the only one posting while drunk. ;)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I thought you just told me that you didn't.

I guess I'm not the only one posting while drunk. ;)
Odd.

TBLee

Governor
Simply untrue. Several fled because they couldn't handle being challenged..... That's not denying anybody's freedom to voice their opinion, that's simply being unable to handle being challenged. That's not a problem of moderation or this site that's the individual's personal problem.

What's funny is that some of them fled to a site where the moderation simply throws you out if they don't like what you say, so it's not like they achieved any level of consistency, they achieved an echo chamber that's all
Oh, don‘t get me wrong…I am not saying that there were not those we fled because they couldn’t handle be challenged. What I am saying is that some did indeed grow weary of the inconsistent moderation. And to say that their leaving was based on “personal problems” is a cop out. I guess my vision and perspective as well as conversations behind the scenes have been vastly different from yours. It is all a learning experience. Life is about growing….and learning. I am more than willing to listen to all perspectives.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, don‘t get me wrong…I am not saying that there were not those we fled because they couldn’t handle be challenged. What I am saying is that some did indeed grow weary of the inconsistent moderation. And to say that their leaving was based on “personal problems” is a cop out. I guess my vision and perspective as well as conversations behind the scenes have been vastly different from yours. It is all a learning experience. Life is about growing….and learning. I am more than willing to listen to all perspectives.
The answerr is the same now as it was then.. moderation record is perfectly clear. Nothing inconsistent about it.