• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A poster wants a rule change

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I know you have a tough job Phil. Just offering up my opinion. If you opt to totally negate that opinion than so be it. If you are feeling good with your response to me, then I guess that is that.
See. Classic.

You 'ok. Lol' that was nuthin... And now you're affronted with the totally negate nonsense..

TBLee

Governor
See. Classic.

You 'ok. Lol' that was nuthin... And now you're affronted with the totally negate nonsense..
No consistency. And…yes you do negative opinions based on the day and time. Like I said, you have a rough job. Based on your response on the meatloaf thread I will say, I am very disappointed and that is not who I personally thought you were. Meh…..life throw us all stuff we are surprised by. Making fun of the death of someone I will always find offensive. Democrat, republican, gay, straight, black, whithe, vaccinated, unvaccinated……it should not matter.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Yep. That much is true.. but the only real change is what is discussed above... We actually moderate less.

The cons that ran away cause they couldn't handle defending their positions..that can't be helped
The "cons that ran away" were females that tired of being called "whores" or such........I've been here going on 12 years and due to health issues or just posting at work get the leftist slams of how my post count is so high.........there's NO leftist here that can run me off and leftist derail EVERY thread on Biden with whataboutism of Trump.......Trump is gone and will NEVER be President again but leftist can't defend Biden and Derail because they know they can and get away with it............

Off topic but let's prove what I posted"

Why Is Joe Biden So Unpopular? (msn.com)

Now let's see the derailments arrive.....................

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No consistency. And…yes you do negative opinions based on the day and time. Like I said, you have a rough job. Based on your response on the meatloaf thread I will say, I am very disappointed and that is not who I personally thought you were. Meh…..life throw us all stuff we are surprised by. Making fun of the death of someone I will always find offensive. Democrat, republican, gay, straight, black, whithe, vaccinated, unvaccinated……it should not matter.
What response... I laughed at a meatloaf recipe. And?

Were you ascribing sonety else to me?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
@bdtex

Seems there is a desire to go back to policing threadjacking and deliberate tangents by posters. This despite all the whining in the past that there was too much policing.

Couple whiny types don't like it, though demonstrably they themselves are among the top offenders.

What do you think?
Whatever you guys decide is ok. Modding is already somewhat subjective in that some decisions are judgment calls. I mean, if a poster’s SOP is to hop into threads and habitually derail them as consistent tactic - that could readily be deleted. If it’s a sidebar or tangent…or if it isn’t a clearly designed ploy that is repeated over and over again, then it could be left. I can think of only very few people who do this as a matter of practice many times a day.

I think discernment as to who is abusing it to the point of consistently preempting coherent discussion is possible…but I don’t sit in your chair absorbing the body blows from disgruntled, aggrieved posters.

Soooo…again, my answer is - whatever you guys decide. :)

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
It is kind of a drag that every time one president or party is started as a topic , within the first couple of posts in response there is always someone playing whataboutism and the topic then goes to shreds and no matter how it's tried to bring back to the topic, the diversion has won out and there isn't any valid conversation regarding the topic anymore.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
@bdtex

Seems there is a desire to go back to policing threadjacking and deliberate tangents by posters. This despite all the whining in the past that there was too much policing.

Couple whiny types don't like it, though demonstrably they themselves are among the top offenders.

What do you think?
I see today that some posters are asking for it again. They think it's just posters from the other side that are going to be deleted and/or threadbanned because only the other side does it. I have a newsflash for them. Posters from both sides will immediately experience mucho deletions and threadbans. They know who they are and they'll blame the other side and the Mods. Same ole shiite. Amirite?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I see today that some posters are asking for it again. They think it's just posters from the other side that are going to be deleted and/or threadbanned because only the other side does it. I have a newsflash for them. Posters from both sides will immediately experience mucho deletions and threadbans. They know who they are and they'll blame the other side and the Mods. Same ole shiite. Amirite?
i agree. let it be.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
@bdtex

What do you think?
The problem is in defining the context of a thread. When someone says Biden is the worst president ever it is entirely appropriate to compare the actions of other presidents.

When someone launches into an attack on others...yes, it is off topic.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The problem is in defining the context of a thread. When someone says Biden is the worst president ever it is entirely appropriate to compare the actions of other presidents.

When someone launches into an attack on others...yes, it is off topic.
I agree with that sentiment. But as it stands posters did vote to eliminate any actions against comparison posts and the like, so I find it odd that people complain about it again today

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I agree with that sentiment. But as it stands posters did vote to eliminate any actions against comparison posts and the like, so I find it odd that people complain about it again today
Who voted if Topic was high price of gas it's fine to derail price of gas to Trump and 3 million Americans dead? I'm guessing that what member are speaking of today or when it's anti-war sisters the topic is derailed to REAL MEN with DD214 doesn't call a weapon a gun...but..you're a SPECIAL POSTER.

Oh well it's politics!