• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A question for Trump supporters...

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
What we have is far better than a lot of the infected nations, and had Trump not acted as early as he did, it would have been far worse.
I hear the death toll from the virus is greater in the USA than in China---even though China's population is much more than ours.
So how is "what we have better than a lot of infected nations?" Please elaborate.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
I hear the death toll from the virus is greater in the USA than in China---even though China's population is much more than ours.
So how is "what we have better than a lot of infected nations?" Please elaborate.
China is lying. Is that "elaborate" enough for you?

Colorforms

Senator
I honestly think it's nuts that you can believe anything coming out of China. But if you would do a little bit of googling you would find our death rate is far lower than most infected countries, such as Spain and Italy.

Add to that, we have treatments now that they don't.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
I honestly think it's nuts that you can believe anything coming out of China. But if you would do a little bit of googling you would find our death rate is far lower than most infected countries, such as Spain and Italy.

Add to that, we have treatments now that they don't.
What treatments for coronavirus do we have? I haven't heard of any.

Colorforms

Senator
What treatments for coronavirus do we have? I haven't heard of any.
Then you're not paying attention.
Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, but preliminary research in human and primate cells suggests that the drugs could effectively treat COVID-19.

A 2005 study found that chloroquine could quell the spread of SARS-CoV when applied to infected human cells in culture. SARS-CoV is closely related to the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, and caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in 2002. Chloroquine disrupts the ability of the SARS-CoV virus to enter and replicate in human cells, Live Science previously reported. The cell culture studies of SARS-CoV-2 revealed that the drug and its derivative hydroxychloroquine undermine the novel virus' replication in a similar way.

EatTheRich

President
Their numbers are preposterous. But, no, it can't be "proven" because THEY THREW OUT ALL THE FOREIGN JOURNALISTS!!!
No, their numbers aren’t preposterous. What is preposterous is your insistence that their fundamentally different response wouldn’t have fundamentally different results.

Sunset Rose

Mayor
Supporting Member
Then you're not paying attention.
Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, but preliminary research in human and primate cells suggests that the drugs could effectively treat COVID-19.

A 2005 study found that chloroquine could quell the spread of SARS-CoV when applied to infected human cells in culture. SARS-CoV is closely related to the novel coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2, and caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome in 2002. Chloroquine disrupts the ability of the SARS-CoV virus to enter and replicate in human cells, Live Science previously reported. The cell culture studies of SARS-CoV-2 revealed that the drug and its derivative hydroxychloroquine undermine the novel virus' replication in a similar way.
Thank you for posting this. I'm happy to hear they are working on medicines for this virus.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Here's a couple of male Trumpies who've had their fill of him.

“A few weeks ago I could ignore the parts of his personality I didn’t like,” said Cliff, a 25-year Chesapeake Bay waterman. “That’s over. I don’t believe anything he’s saying now.

“He’s got no idea what the hell he’s doing, and I think he’s flat-out lying to everyone about how bad it really is, and how bad it’s going to get,” said Matt, an oysterman in his mid-40s.

Matt has always disagreed with Trump’s attacks on immigrants, some of whom he’s gotten to know on the job, but he said the president can’t necessarily count on his 2016 voters to stick with him.

“He thinks we’re all stupid and will show up for him no matter what,” he said. “At this point, I can’t imagine bringing myself to do that.”

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
No, their numbers aren’t preposterous. What is preposterous is your insistence that their fundamentally different response wouldn’t have fundamentally different results.
Actually yes, their numbers are preposterous, and if by "fundamentally different response" you mean welding the doors shut of those with coronavirus:

And cremating coronavirus sufferers alive:

That's fine (I guess) but good luck implementing those measures here.

As for their numbers being believable, the people of Wuhan disagree: