• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A quick couple of questions

write on

Senator
Has anyone else seen a slowdown here on PJ when they hit the 'reply' button in a thread? I hit it but all I get is a white background without the poster's post that I'm replying to.

Is there an update to the site that hasn't fully taken hold as the reason?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Has anyone else seen a slowdown here on PJ when they hit the 'reply' button in a thread? I hit it but all I get is a white background without the poster's post that I'm replying to.

Go to SPEEDTEST.NET and check your internet speed. You may need to do a boot of your router or PC to clear out anything left behind by websites you may have clicked on.

write on

Senator
Go to SPEEDTEST.NET and check your internet speed. You may need to do a boot of your router or PC to clear out anything left behind by websites you may have clicked on.
Yep, I regularly use Speedtest.net. My speed is usually between 8-9 gbps but today it's about 2.5

I did the reboot of my router and pc but it's still the same. I even called my provider before posting and was told that there were no issues with their service.

The reason I asked the questions is that this has been going on an unusual couple of days- with my surfing habits unchanged.

Edit; Another reason for the questions is that I don't see the slowdown on all the other sites that I visit.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

The owner hosts the site on a shared server. Sometimes the server site itself has issues and that occurs, but not for everybody. I have some luck clearing my cache which seems to improve things for a while

write on

Senator
The owner hosts the site on a shared server. Sometimes the server site itself has issues and that occurs, but not for everybody. I have some luck clearing my cache which seems to improve things for a while
Yeah, it's most likely my cache needs to be cleared after the speed test I ran being so slow compared to normal even though I thought I had it being cleared on a schedule.

I'll figure it out.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's most likely my cache needs to be cleared after the speed test I ran being so slow compared to normal even though I thought I had it being cleared on a schedule.

I'll figure it out.
I've never been able to figure it out. Sometimes that's a warning that the server needs maintenance and is likely to go down soon so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an outage at some point in the near term if that's what you're seeing

write on

Senator
I've never been able to figure it out. Sometimes that's a warning that the server needs maintenance and is likely to go down soon so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an outage at some point in the near term if that's what you're seeing
After I called yesterday and was told that there weren't any issues, I made a run to the store earlier this morning and saw a sign on the curb in my neighborhood from my service provider that said that they are working to improve service. I didn't see any of their trucks.

But I won't bitch. ;)

Patience