• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Abortion vs a zygote

write on

Senator
This is a serious question that we'll most likely see lies and dodges by the pro life;

If life begins at conception, should the father be liable for the costs of the pregnancy from that time when so many aren't?

write on

Senator
Just to be clear for those that don't understand.

Of course I'm talking about unplanned pregnancies that many fathers would rather not have to deal with and don't have to deal with child support payments UNTIL the child is born.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
This is a serious question that we'll most likely see lies and dodges by the pro life;

If life begins at conception, should the father be liable for the costs of the pregnancy from that time when so many aren't?
Yes of course. We NORMAL, DECENT people have been doing this for many centuries. Pretty exotic, bizarre, ALIEN concept to lefty, I know.

…Then again, most lefty males bugger dudes.

write on

Senator
Yes of course. We NORMAL, DECENT people have been doing this for many centuries. Pretty exotic, bizarre, ALIEN concept to lefty, I know.

I see that you overlooked my second post in this thread even though it was made for slow people like you.

Try again

write on

Senator
I responded to your OP topic without delay. Sober up.
A supposedly happily married with a wife and two kids living in a suburban home has an affair. His partner gets pregnant with his child.

So, do you think that father of the unborn child should be held liable for paying child support from the moment of conception?

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
A supposedly happily married with a wife and two kids living in a suburban home has an affair. His partner gets pregnant with his child.

So, do you think that father of the unborn child should be held liable for paying child support from the moment of conception?
If the mom chooses not to abort, yes he would (though if he were a decent guy he would do so voluntarily). State child support enforcement offices are staffed with attorneys, paralegals, support enforcement officers, etc. They pursue deadbeat dads interstate even. It’s a thing.

write on

Senator
If the mom chooses not to abort, yes he would (though if he were a decent guy he would do so voluntarily). State child support enforcement offices are staffed with attorneys, paralegals, support enforcement officers, etc. They pursue deadbeat dads interstate even. It’s a thing.
Just to be clear with your answer...

A simple yes or no answer will be sufficient.

We're talking about any payment from the moment of conception and if there are problems with the pregnancy.

Is that what you're saying?

Last edited:

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Just to be clear with your answer...

A simple yes or no answer will be sufficient.

We're talking about payment from the moment of conception, another 9 mos added along with prenatal visits and/if problems arise to her pediatrician by the mother?

Is that what you're saying?

I just want to be clear.
No. Typically Offices of Support Enforcement are not engaged until after the mom gives birth, but the funds they seek from deadbeat dads ARE usually retroactive to support the entirety of the pregnancy as well as child support to age 18.

All who father children should be responsible for support of all child-related costs including mother well-care. That’s just part of being a man.

write on

Senator
No. Typically Offices of Support Enforcement are not engaged until after the mom gives birth, but the funds they seek from deadbeat dads ARE usually retroactive to support the entirety of the pregnancy as well as child support to age 18.

All who father children should be responsible for support of all child-related costs including mother well-care. That’s just part of being a man.
As anyone with any sense of responsibility should have.

The law is new- which begs the question as to why it took right to lifers so long to be the harbinger of morality on the topic of abortion.

I call BS

Jack4freedom

Governor

Normal decent people have decided to terminate unwanted pregnancies for centuries also. Fortunately after 1973 women in America were guaranteed that right and access to safe clean clinics with trained and qualified Doctors became available. I know several women who became pregnant when they were teenagers and had abortions. They later became responsible citizens who raised children and had normal healthy lives. i also know many people whose teenage daughters faced the same decision and discreetly dealt with it by deciding to terminate those unwanted pregnancies. Suggesting that women, their families and their doctors who make that decision are child buggerers or disgusting crazed leftys is pretty silly. I never had daughters but I can guarantee that if my daughter became pregnant by a rapist or got too drunk or high as a teenager I would let her decide if she wanted to have the baby or not. By packing the court with religious zealots the GOP has taken us back to a time when back alley abortions were the order of the day. All of those justices who voted down ROE v Wade insisted that it was settled law at their confirmation hearings then as soon as they had the numbers they struck it down. Bad decision in my book.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Normal decent people have decided to terminate unwanted pregnancies for centuries also. Fortunately after 1973 women in America were guaranteed that right and access to safe clean clinics with trained and qualified Doctors became available. I know several women who became pregnant when they were teenagers and had abortions. They later became responsible citizens who raised children and had normal healthy lives. i also know many people whose teenage daughters faced the same decision and discreetly dealt with it by deciding to terminate those unwanted pregnancies. Suggesting that women, their families and their doctors who make that decision are child buggerers or disgusting crazed leftys is pretty silly. I never had daughters but I can guarantee that if my daughter became pregnant by a rapist or got too drunk or high as a teenager I would let her decide if she wanted to have the baby or not. By packing the court with religious zealots the GOP has taken us back to a time when back alley abortions were the order of the day. All of those justices who voted down ROE v Wade insisted that it was settled law at their confirmation hearings then as soon as they had the numbers they struck it down. Bad decision in my book.
Roe was direct invention of a thing from ether.
…and…you forgot the obligatory mention of “coat hangers”. :)

Happy 4th! Got the bird on the smoker.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Roe was direct invention of a thing from ether.
…and…you forgot the obligatory mention of “coat hangers”. :)

Happy 4th! Got the bird on the smoker.
Golf with my boys, Sunset bbq in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains overlooking the great Mojave Desert. Glad to be alive and glad to be an AMERICAN today! Happy 4th to you too my friend. I can almost smell that smoked Turkey!! Oh, yeah, hangers….lol

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

Let's break this down:

Title: Discussion topic

Paragraph one: Discussion rules

A. If you don't say what I want you to say, I'll call you a dodger

Paragraph two

A. Stupid question which begs answer which won't follow discussion rules of paragraph one.

Let's answer this question with a question:

If it's not his body and not his choice, why should it be his cost?

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*

Normal decent people have decided to terminate unwanted pregnancies for centuries also.
Not true...If this were normal...The human race would have died out centuries ago.

I suggest next time posting truth.

Btw why don't you just tell yer daughter to wait till she is with the right man?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Just to be clear for those that don't understand.

Of course I'm talking about unplanned pregnancies that many fathers would rather not have to deal with and don't have to deal with child support payments UNTIL the child is born.
It's clear you don't know anything of Fathers
explains much of your screeds

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

If "happily married" why would the husband fvck around?

Are you coming out of the closet with your life story!

Last edited: