• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

About that homeless man who died from a chokehold in the subway

Boltlady

Mayor
There are all kinds of opinions about it including those of a bunch of protesters calling it murder. (Someone should interview some of those protesters and ask them where they work!) While it's being said that he has a record of being arrested 44 times including some violence nothing had been done to help the guy with his mental illness. The marine was simply trying to bring a situation under control. At this point it's not known how many street drugs the man may have had in his system. He could have died from them, we don't know at this point.

His sister told reporters that she had tried to get help for him but couldn't for lack of insurance. Somehow the part about insurance gets left out when they say she tried to get him help but there was nothing for him. The illegals get all sorts of medical care for free but if you're an American you usually need insurance. The media tends to leave things like out when telling a story.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
There are all kinds of opinions about it including those of a bunch of protesters calling it murder. (Someone should interview some of those protesters and ask them where they work!) While it's being said that he has a record of being arrested 44 times including some violence nothing had been done to help the guy with his mental illness. The marine was simply trying to bring a situation under control. At this point it's not known how many street drugs the man may have had in his system. He could have died from them, we don't know at this point.

His sister told reporters that she had tried to get help for him but couldn't for lack of insurance. Somehow the part about insurance gets left out when they say she tried to get him help but there was nothing for him. The illegals get all sorts of medical care for free but if you're an American you usually need insurance. The media tends to leave things like out when telling a story.
Whether or not a person is homeless…whether or not he/she is a minority…whether or not he/she is a nutcase…

You do NOT get to terrorize citizens just trying to commute to and from work. That marine put himself in harm’s way and tried to quell the violence. Frankly, he should be thanked. I regret that the raving maniac died - and I agree he should have received help/been housed in a facility well before this all happened.

Idiot leftists insist we all hop onto mass transit. Idiot leftists insist upon lax penalties, early release, no cash bail even for repeat offenders. Idiot leftists insist on precluding citizens from having/carrying guns.

Now…idiot leftists even demand that we not use our own bare hands to protect ourselves and others. Leftism. Is. A. Death. Cult.

anyone who has been arrested 44 times - and released - isn't suffering from lack of insurance.

ordinary are citizens from the repetitive release without cash bail of someone who acts out and harasses pedestrians, straphangers, and shoppers.

that said, Mr. Marine was apparently not personally/physically menaced by Mr. Nut Job. He could have walked away, yet he chose to engage the man, whether to protect other riders, or for motives not yet explained.

Since there are more than a dozen witnesses, any prosecution won't suffer from lack of evidence and testimony.

Hey protestors - even at it's worst, this wouldn't be murder. It would be "involuntary manslaughter". Like a traffic accident.

Now lets have toxicology test results for both the deceased and the choke hold guy.

This is why i never take the bus or subway. the courts keep releasing dangerous people to prey on us.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Whether or not a person is homeless…whether or not he/she is a minority…whether or not he/she is a nutcase…

You do NOT get to terrorize citizens just trying to commute to and from work. That marine put himself in harm’s way and tried to quell the violence. Frankly, he should be thanked. I regret that the raving maniac died - and I agree he should have received help/been housed in a facility well before this all happened.

Idiot leftists insist we all hop onto mass transit. Idiot leftists insist upon lax penalties, early release, no cash bail even for repeat offenders. Idiot leftists insist on precluding citizens from having/carrying guns.

Now…idiot leftists even demand that we not use our own bare hands to protect ourselves and others. Leftism. Is. A. Death. Cult.
I think that Marine should have known that restraining a man for 15 minutes by a chokehold would kill the man. There are ways to restrain without killing. Marines are trained to kill via hand to hand combat. I don’t think it was necessary to kill the nutty guy. Looks like a manslaughter case. I have been involved in restraining crazy people and drunks a few times in my life and I never came close to killing anyone. This is a real shame and a tragedy. Too bad for all concerned. By the way, this has nothing to do with leftists or rightists Rick. You are starting to remind me of Walter Sobcek from the big Lebowski. He thought every thing that happened was all about The Vietnam War. Get a grip Ricky, subway crazies have not a damn thing to do with leftists. More to do with untreated mental illness. Mental illness does not know left from right, just crazy.

Last edited:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I think that Marine should have known that restraining a man for 15 minutes by a chokehold would kill the man. There are ways to restrain without killing. Marines are trained to kill via hand to hand combat. I don’t think it was necessary to kill the nutty guy. Looks like a manslaughter case. I have been involved in restraining crazy people and drunks a few times in my life and I never came close to killing anyone. This is a real shame and a tragedy. Too bad for all concerned. By the way, this has nothing to do with leftists or rightists Rick. You are starting to remind me of Walter Sobcek from the big Lebowski. He thought every thing that happened was all about The Vietnam War. Get a grip Ricky, subway crazies have not a damn thing to do with leftists. More to do with untreated mental illness. Mental illness does not know left from right, just crazy.
I don't think the Marine meant to kill the nut, but, as when you restrained nuts, there were no flash backs to combat as with the Marine.........of course the other nuts will protest and do as when Fentanyl George died and the Marine will be indicted to keep the city from burning down by the nuts.

Jack4freedom

Governor
I don't think the Marine meant to kill the nut, but, as when you restrained nuts, there were no flash backs to combat as with the Marine.........of course the other nuts will protest and do as when Fentanyl George died and the Marine will be indicted to keep the city from burning down by the nuts.
I used to run nightclubs where alcohol was served until 2:00 AM. I used to have ex Marines, Seals and Rangers working the doors there sometimes. They and I have dealt with crazy people and drunks routinely. Never saw anyone even close to getting killed. I think the guy should be tried for manslaughter. You can’t just kill a guy for acting crazy in public. If you decide to play hero, you should damn well know what you are doing. Cutting off a man’s air supply for several minutes will kill him every time.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I used to run nightclubs where alcohol was served until 2:00 AM. I used to have ex Marines, Seals and Rangers working the doors there sometimes. They and I have dealt with crazy people and drunks routinely. Never saw anyone even close to getting killed. I think the guy should be tried for manslaughter. You can’t just kill a guy for acting crazy in public. If you decide to play hero, you should damn well know what you are doing. Cutting off a man’s air supply for several minutes will kill him every time.
I worked several night clubs as a Bouncer in 70's, usually could talk most drunks into just leaving but the crazy were a different story, either had to get them out the door to the cops or just knock their ass OUT. Acting crazy is much different than Threating and Me or You don't know degree of threats...............the Marine and those that helped hold the nut down do. I doubt he was playing hero, he just Adapted and Overcame the threat.

protectionist

Governor
anyone who has been arrested 44 times - and released - isn't suffering from lack of insurance.

ordinary are citizens from the repetitive release without cash bail of someone who acts out and harasses pedestrians, straphangers, and shoppers.

that said, Mr. Marine was apparently not personally/physically menaced by Mr. Nut Job. He could have walked away, yet he chose to engage the man, whether to protect other riders, or for motives not yet explained.

Since there are more than a dozen witnesses, any prosecution won't suffer from lack of evidence and testimony.

Hey protestors - even at it's worst, this wouldn't be murder. It would be "involuntary manslaughter". Like a traffic accident.

Now lets have toxicology test results for both the deceased and the choke hold guy.

This is why i never take the bus or subway. the courts keep releasing dangerous people to prey on us.
You have to be ARMED. If you live on a blue city and they wont let you be armed (legally) MOVE - and move fast.

protectionist

Governor
This is like a real-life re-run of the 1967 movie "The Incident" which also took place in a New York City subway car, and which also was finally stopped by a US military guy (Army) in uniform, against 2 typical New York thugs, who were harrassing passengers.

Little known nowadays, but back in it day, this movie was considered the most controversial of anything ever seen before. The tension is off the charts. Not for the timid.

protectionist

Governor
George Zimmerman, Darren Wilson, Michael Slager, Derek Chauvin, Jeronimo Yanez, Betty Shelby, et al. How many more whites & Hispanic good guys are going to be thrown to the wolves, in order to pacify the black (and white) leftist lunatic mobs, every time some moron-goofball gets himself killed, and happens to be black ?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It’s all leftists defaming the marine, sticking up for the violent 40-time arrestee, and protesting (in some cases lawlessly). This nutcase was terrorizing folks - and he should have been off the streets period. Leftists ensure a system wherein criminals are released REPEATEDLY (because incarceration is racist…as are cash bail, full term sentences, fully staffed police forces, fully funded law enforcement agencies, etc.).

If it’s wrong…lefty ADVOCATES it. It’s a sickness really.

protectionist

Governor
It’s all leftists defaming the marine, sticking up for the violent 40-time arrestee, and protesting (in some cases lawlessly). This nutcase was terrorizing folks - and he should have been off the streets period. Leftists ensure a system wherein criminals are released REPEATEDLY (because incarceration is racist…as are cash bail, full term sentences, fully staffed police forces, fully funded law enforcement agencies, etc.).

It is mass INSANITY, the likes of which I never seen before in 77 years of my life. The marine guy simply did the job that leftist idiots failed to do, and he should be getting rewarded for it.

worldlymrb

Revenge

At the very end of the video, you can see black/asian and hispanic white supremacist cheering the marine and black man for taking out the threat.

Jack4freedom

Governor

Its a shame that mentally I’ll persons like this guy are arrested for low misdemeanors then released instead of receiving the treatment they need to live a normal life. Here in California in the late 1960s and early 1970s Ronald Reagan decimated the state mental health system here and ever since instead of receiving treatment, mentally ill people roam the streets, are arrested by police serve a couple days in jail and are released back to the streets. That’s been going on here and across the country for decades now.

The so called “lefty’s” have always advocated for funding of federal, state and local mental health facilities and humane treatment of these sick human beings. The so called “righty’s” are more apt to advocate for locking these vermin (as they see these sick people as) up and throwing away the key. We are the richest nation in the world and in my opinion we should be able to do a lot better job of dealing with this issue.

I am not attempting to defame this Marine but just pointing out that choking someone to death is against the law. I know of more than a few people who were convicted of manslaughter as a result of killing someone in a fight that was not necessarily all their fault. They generally spend at least a couple years in prison and take anger management courses.

In these days when millions of people support vigilantes who felt it was their duty to hang the Vice President or kill the speaker of the house. (Mostly righty’s) it would set a dangerous precedent to give a pass to a guy who killed what he deemed to be a crazy man for acting up in the subway. My take is that even if he didn’t try to kill the guy (and we don’t really know that yet) he did apparently cause the death. I believe this is a manslaughter case which should be decided by a judge or jury.

Does that make me a crazy lefty Rick?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Its a shame that mentally I’ll persons like this guy are arrested for low misdemeanors then released instead of receiving the treatment they need to live a normal life. Here in California in the late 1960s and early 1970s Ronald Reagan decimated the state mental health system here and ever since instead of receiving treatment, mentally ill people roam the streets, are arrested by police serve a couple days in jail and are released back to the streets. That’s been going on here and across the country for decades now.

The so called “lefty’s” have always advocated for funding of federal, state and local mental health facilities and humane treatment of these sick human beings. The so called “righty’s” are more apt to advocate for locking these vermin (as they see these sick people as) up and throwing away the key. We are the richest nation in the world and in my opinion we should be able to do a lot better job of dealing with this issue.

I am not attempting to defame this Marine but just pointing out that choking someone to death is against the law. I know of more than a few people who were convicted of manslaughter as a result of killing someone in a fight that was not necessarily all their fault. They generally spend at least a couple years in prison and take anger management courses.

In these days when millions of people support vigilantes who felt it was their duty to hang the Vice President or kill the speaker of the house. (Mostly righty’s) it would set a dangerous precedent to give a pass to a guy who killed what he deemed to be a crazy man for acting up in the subway. My take is that even if he didn’t try to kill the guy (and we don’t really know that yet) he did apparently cause the death. I believe this is a manslaughter case which should be decided by a judge or jury.

Does that make me a crazy lefty Rick?
Appears assault on women were some of his 43 arrest by Neely

Jack4freedom

Governor
Appears assault on women were some of his 43 arrest by Neely
So you think that makes killing the guy legal? I don’t know the whole story. What I do know is that it appears he was choked to death. We shall see if the NY DA decides to prosecute any of those who restrained him for murder, manslaughter, reckless endangerment or decides not to prosecute. My guess is that there is an ongoing investigation. If they decide to prosecute, the defendant or defendants will have an absolute right to defend themselves in court, confront any witnesses against themselves and call witnesses for themselves. That’s how our system works.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So you think that makes killing the guy legal? I don’t know the whole story. What I do know is that it appears he was choked to death. We shall see if the NY DA decides to prosecute any of those who restrained him for murder, manslaughter, reckless endangerment or decides not to prosecute. My guess is that there is an ongoing investigation. If they decide to prosecute, the defendant or defendants will have an absolute right to defend themselves in court, confront any witnesses against themselves and call witnesses for themselves. That’s how our system works.
I said that nowhere it makes it legal, simply replied on the low misdemeanors
It does prove DA's and Judges are not doing their jobs

It's a tragedy on all fronts.

He needed help, he should have at the very least been in a hospital. Constant harassment on the Subways is a way of life here, the people who subdued him for fear he was going to hurt someone were just trying to take some control of the situation.

A situation created by the failures of our State and Local Governments.

Boltlady

Mayor
In our area (SE Virginia), I've known of several different people who had mental problems. They were sent to a place in VA Beach for a max of 10 days. Then they're sent back out to wherever that may be, home or the street. That really doesn't get it.