• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

About that homeless man who died from a chokehold in the subway

protectionist

Governor
I think that Marine should have known that restraining a man for 15 minutes by a chokehold would kill the man. There are ways to restrain without killing. Marines are trained to kill via hand to hand combat. I don’t think it was necessary to kill the nutty guy. Looks like a manslaughter case. I have been involved in restraining crazy people and drunks a few times in my life and I never came close to killing anyone. This is a real shame and a tragedy. Too bad for all concerned. By the way, this has nothing to do with leftists or rightists Rick. You are starting to remind me of Walter Sobcek from the big Lebowski. He thought every thing that happened was all about The Vietnam War. Get a grip Ricky, subway crazies have not a damn thing to do with leftists. More to do with untreated mental illness. Mental illness does not know left from right, just crazy.
Not quite accurate. Having been born and raised in the New York City borough of Manhattan, went through school there, including 4 years in the City University of New York, and having had contact with New York social workers and observed the criminal justice system there, I don't trust their assessments one iota. To many, if not most of them, there is no such thing as a criminal. In their deranged mindsets, all those committing violent crimes, are misunderstood victims of underprivileged and unhappy childhoods, making them mentally disturbed and thus not responsible for what they do,

So who would be responsible for their crimes and consistent antisocial behavior ?
Answer: these knothead idiots who think this way and keep allowing thugs like Jordan Neely to walk the streets (and ride the subways), attacking and harrassing innocent people, that's who.
At the time of his death, Jordan Neely was subject to a 15-month ALTERNATIVE TO INCARCERATION PROGRAM, after pleading guilty in February 2023 to felony assault of a 67-year-old woman, whom he punched as she exited a train station in November 2021, breaking her nose and fracturing an orbital bone of her eye socket.

Blame goes to the New York criminal justice system (same ones who are charging Penny) for their consistent inaction regarding Jordan Neely. This creep had been arrested 42 times, yet he was still out and about, causing havoc in the community. And then, these same bozos have the gall to arrest Daniel Penny, who admirably/courageously stepped in to stop the bullying done by Neely, which never would have happened if the New York criminal justice clowns had done their high paid jobs (ie. to PROTECT the public) by putting Neely behind bars where he belonged.

Sure, Neely DID have a very tough childhood, when his mother was murdered when he was just 14 years old, but thousands of people have the same or similar conditions, and they NEVER commit a single crime of any kind.

As for whether this has anything to do with leftists or not, having met these people face to face for years, I can tell you that the % of them that are leftists, is about 99%.

Last edited:

protectionist

Governor
I used to run nightclubs where alcohol was served until 2:00 AM. I used to have ex Marines, Seals and Rangers working the doors there sometimes. They and I have dealt with crazy people and drunks routinely. Never saw anyone even close to getting killed. I think the guy should be tried for manslaughter. You can’t just kill a guy for acting crazy in public. If you decide to play hero, you should damn well know what you are doing. Cutting off a man’s air supply for several minutes will kill him every time.
1. We don't know for sure that is exactly what happened. Was the medical examiner coerced to say what he said ? (as in the George Floyd case)
2. Perhaps it was the severe struggling of Jordan Neely that caused his own demise, by the constant rubbing of his throat.
3. Has not not been a full report of Neely medically, as yet.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Not quite accurate. Having been born and raised in the New York City borough of Manhattan, went through school there, including 4 years in the City University of New York, and having had contact with New York social workers and observed the criminal justice system there, I don't trust their assessments one iota. To many, if not most of them, there is no such thing as a criminal. In their deranged mindsets, all those committing violent crimes, are misunderstood victims of underprivileged and unhappy childhoods, making them mentally disturbed and thus not responsible for what they do,

So who would be responsible for their crimes and consistent antisocial behavior ?
Answer: these knothead idiots who think this way and keep allowing thugs like Jordan Neely to walk the streets (and ride the subways), attacking and harrassing innocent people, that's who.
At the time of his death, Jordan Neely was subject to a 15-month ALTERNATIVE TO INCARCERATION PROGRAM, after pleading guilty in February 2023 to felony assault of a 67-year-old woman, whom he punched as she exited a train station in November 2021, breaking her nose and fracturing an orbital bone of her eye socket.

Blame goes to the New York criminal justice system (same ones who are charging Penny) for their consistent inaction regarding Jordan Neely. This creep had been arrested 42 times, yet he was still out and about, causing havoc in the community. And then, these same bozos have the gall to arrest Daniel Penny, who admirably/courageously stepped in to stop the bullying done by Neely, which never would have happened if the New York criminal justice clowns had done their high paid jobs (ie. to PROTECT the public) by putting Neely behind bars where he belonged.

Sure, Neely DID have a very tough childhood, when his mother was murdered when he was just 14 years old, but thousands of people have the same or similar conditions, and they NEVER commit a single crime of any kind.

As for whether this has anything to do with leftists or not, having met these people face to face for years, I can tell you that the % of them that are leftists, is about 99%.
That still does not erase the apparent fact that those who were restraining him choked him to death in the process. Looks like an involuntary manslaughter case to me. I agree that Mr. Neeley should have been in a lock down psyche ward and treated for his illness before being released. However our mental health facilities here in America are grossly underfunded and thus undermanned. There are thousands of untreated mentally I’ll people roaming the streets here in America because of lack of funding. I am sure McCarthy and his buddies are hard at work trying to slash funding even further to make sure their billionaire benefactors don’t get any tax hike. Until we deal with mental illness as the social crisis it is, crazy people will continue to roam the streets.

protectionist

Governor
That still does not erase the apparent fact that those who were restraining him choked him to death in the process. Looks like an involuntary manslaughter case to me. I agree that Mr. Neeley should have been in a lock down psyche ward and treated for his illness before being released. However our mental health facilities here in America are grossly underfunded and thus undermanned. There are thousands of untreated mentally I’ll people roaming the streets here in America because of lack of funding. I am sure McCarthy and his buddies are hard at work trying to slash funding even further to make sure their billionaire benefactors don’t get any tax hike. Until we deal with mental illness as the social crisis it is, crazy people will continue to roam the streets.
1. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to show me that Neely had any mental illness at all (especially in light of what I said about New York social workers of the criminal justice system there) in Post # 81.

2. As for the "chokehold", Neely died Monday due to “compression of neck (chokehold),” a spokesperson for the New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said. "The manner of death was ruled a homicide, but that determination is not a ruling on intent or culpability, which is for the criminal justice system to consider," the spokesperson said.

Last edited:

Jack4freedom

Governor
1. I haven't seen a shred of evidence to show me that Neely had any mental illness at all (especially in light of what I said about New York social workers the criminal justice system there) in Post # 81.
2. As for the "chokehold", Neely died Monday due to “compression of neck (chokehold),” a spokesperson for the New York City Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said. The manner of death was ruled a homicide, but that determination is not a ruling on intent or culpability, which is for the criminal justice system to consider, the spokesperson said.
Whether or not Neeley was mentally I’ll is not the issue. The issue is whether or not those who restrained him caused his death. If intent was charged or proven they would be charged for murder. If there was no intent to kill they will be charged with manslaughter. At this point, it looks like the Marine in question has a couple million plus to hire a first rate defense team. We shall all see how it works out in a court of law. If I was the guy, I would try to arrange a plea deal with the DA, get little or no jail time, keep the money and go ona nice long vacation.