• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

ACA freeloader blames Obama

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
....now that his stupidity has him in a hell of a mess. the story below.

Lang is a self-employed handyman who works with banks and the federal government on maintaining foreclosed properties. He has done well enough that his wife, Mary, hasn’t had to work. They live in a 3,300-square-foot home in the Legacy Park subdivision valued at more than $300,000.
But he has never bought insurance. Instead, he says, he prided himself on paying his own medical bills.
That worked while he and his wife were relatively healthy. But after 10 days of an unrelenting headache, Lang went to the emergency room on Feb. 25. He says he was told he’d suffered several mini-strokes. He ran up $9,000 in bills and exhausted his savings. Meanwhile, his vision worsened and he can’t work, he says.
That’s when he turned to the Affordable Care Act exchange. Lang learned two things: First, 2015 enrollment had closed earlier that month. And second, because his income has dried up, he earns too little to get a federal subsidy to buy a private policy.
Lang, a Republican, says he knew the act required him to get coverage but he chose not to do so. But he thought help would be available in an emergency. He and his wife blame President Obama and Congressional Democrats for passing a complex and flawed bill.
(My husband) should be at the front of the line because he doesn’t work and because he has medical issues,” Mary Lang said last week. “We call it the Not Fair Health Care Act.” (I call it Stupid Republican Freeloaders.)

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/health-care/health-care-challenge-blog/article20696283.htmlL

now if South Carolina Republicans had accepted the ACA Medicaid expansion, Mr Lang would be covered. what a pity.

Caroljo

Senator
I agree that if he could afford a $300,000 house, he could afford to buy insurance. I don't agree with the ones that just want to be stubborn and not purchase. This man has no excuse. If he'd been a middle class person that lives paycheck to paycheck, paying a mortgage, college, food, clothing, car payments, house insurance, etc ....who many can't afford the premiums, I could understand that. I have yet to hear of ONE person that has saved an average of $2500.00 with Obamacare.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I agree that if he could afford a $300,000 house, he could afford to buy insurance. I don't agree with the ones that just want to be stubborn and not purchase. This man has no excuse. If he'd been a middle class person that lives paycheck to paycheck, paying a mortgage, college, food, clothing, car payments, house insurance, etc ....who many can't afford the premiums, I could understand that. I have yet to hear of ONE person that has saved an average of $2500.00 with Obamacare.
individuals who are paying $50 to a $100. a month for health insurance are saving $2500.

fairsheet

Senator
Alas, there've been absolutely ZERO saleable examples thus far, of "victims" of Obamacare. And, ZERO is a really.........really number! Of course since the likes of Carol are convinced that sob stories abound, ya'd think she could link us to at least ONE! But, I imagine it's probably neither nice nor fair to put her on such a spot.

Caroljo

Senator
individuals who are paying $50 to a $100. a month for health insurance are saving $2500.
People that pay only $50 to $100 a month are lower income that get subsidies...so of COURSE they're saving. Obama made it sound like everyone would save that much....that was all part of his lie.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Alas, there've been absolutely ZERO saleable examples thus far, of "victims" of Obamacare. And, ZERO is a really.........really number! Of course since the likes of Carol are convinced that sob stories abound, ya'd think she could link us to at least ONE! But, I imagine it's probably neither nice nor fair to put her on such a spot.
yep, all HER sound and fury signifying nothing. :)

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
thats the "free loaders" you speak of..

heavily subsidized [see forcing others to pick up the cost]...
freeloaders are those who refuse to purchase health insurance and when they get sick, we end up paying for their care....which ends up being more costly than necessary.

this republican jerk was not managing his diabetes and started getting serious complications. had he been insured, he would've had his no co-pay annual checkup including no co-pay screenings, and he wouldn't be in this terrible medical situation.

Caroljo

Senator
"the rate of increase in the cost of premiums is lower since the ACA. that's a savings for even wealthy purchasers of health insurance."

that's no bullshit.

THANKS OBAMA.
What about the huge co-pays, deductibles & yearly out of pocket? That more than makes up for any savings in premiums!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
What about the huge co-pays, deductibles & yearly out of pocket? That more than makes up for any savings in premiums!
since the ACA, if you carry health insurance, your annual exam is free ie no co-pay. your annual routine screenings (mammograms, blood work, etc.) are free ie no co-pay. your contraceptives are free ie no co-pay.
how many other times does the average person visit the doctor?

here's a good article (2 pages) about high deductible plans.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-insurance/articles/2014/11/10/should-you-roll-the-dice-on-a-high-deductible-health-plan

Last edited:

fairsheet

Senator
since the ACA, if you carry health insurance, your annual exam is free ie no co-pay. your annual routine screenings (mammograms, blood work, etc.) are free ie no co-pay. your contraceptives are free ie no co-pay.
how many other times does the average person visit the doctor?

here's a good article (2 pages) about high deductible plans.

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-insurance/articles/2014/11/10/should-you-roll-the-dice-on-a-high-deductible-health-plan
The woman obviously has comprehensive healthcare and has had for her many life-decades. But then, as she's a self-proclaimed Christian, we must feel her thinking that by denying other people healthcare, we're doing Jesus's work.

fairsheet

Senator
"the rate of increase in the cost of premiums is lower since the ACA. that's a savings for even wealthy purchasers of health insurance."

that's no bullshit.

THANKS OBAMA.
When I was working, I was mindful of what it would cost to continue my healthcare coverage via COBRA. The number had been around $600+ a month, for at least half a decade. And for what it's worth, that's really not too bad for a "platinum" plan. Then when push came to shove, and I was offered an actual opportunity to avail myself of COBRA, I was quoted $411!! Imagine that! Funny thing is......this company is self-insured with a "stop loss" at $75k per year per person. And, it's Republican* owners weren't fans of "Obamacare" by any stretch. For those of you who still aren't getting it, my employer has always covered the premium for its employees. So thanks to Obamacare, their cost has obviously dropped from $600+ per, to $411 x 700+ employees!

*Yes, they're Republicans, not Fox/GOPs

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
update:

Mr Lang and his wife have had a change of heart now that they've come to realize that republican governors and legislatures REFUSING the ACA Medicaid expansion has left him in the mess he's now in.

“Now that I’m looking at what each party represents, my wife and I are both saying — hey, we’re not Republicans!” Lang said. He added that, though he’s not a political person by nature and has never voted solely along party lines, he wants to rip up his voter registration card on national television so Americans will have proof that he’s making the switch.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/05/19/3660701/luis-lang-obamacare/

fairsheet

Senator
update:

Mr Lang and his wife have had a change of heart now that they've come to realize that republican governors and legislatures REFUSING the ACA Medicaid expansion has left him in the mess he's now in.

“Now that I’m looking at what each party represents, my wife and I are both saying — hey, we’re not Republicans!” Lang said. He added that, though he’s not a political person by nature and has never voted solely along party lines, he wants to rip up his voter registration card on national television so Americans will have proof that he’s making the switch.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2015/05/19/3660701/luis-lang-obamacare/

Which begs the question of ....why did these people - ADULTS no less - get this so wrong?

Disclaimer.....my question IS rhetorical!