• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Adam Schiff running for Senate

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Yeah, we shouldn’t have members of Congress, eh?

What would you prefer? A dictator, perchance?

;-)
No need to ever interrupt the career trajectory of taxpayer-funded jobs…county…state…federal/House…federal/Senate…
A lifetime of public teat.

Schiff is FAR from the only one. Too many of these guys do it from both parties. And the braindead hacks clap about it.

Bugsy McGurk

President
No need to ever interrupt the career trajectory of taxpayer-funded jobs…county…state…federal/House…federal/Senate…
A lifetime of public teat.

Schiff is FAR from the only one. Too many of these guys do it from both parties. And the braindead hacks clap about it.
As you just dodge questions. You prefer your formulaic claptrap.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
As you just dodge questions. You prefer your formulaic claptrap.
No, horrifically dense one. My answer is the same as the LAST time you pretended to be curious and ask the same question. We shouldn't have CAREER politicians. Normal people from non-government entities (i.e. private industry) should rotate in. NOBODY should ever be recycled from public station to public station over and over for years on end. That’s retarded (e.g. right in Bugsy’s wheelhouse).

As you

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No, horrifically dense one. My answer is the same as the LAST time you pretended to be curious and ask the same question. We shouldn't have CAREER politicians. Normal people from non-government entities (i.e. private industry) should rotate in. NOBODY should ever be recycled from public station to public station over and over for years on end. That’s retarded (e.g. right in Bugsy’s wheelhouse).

As you
Why in hell would anyone do that. I was in IT from 1975 to 2022. If I had taken 6 years off to be a Senator, who'd hire me after that break in focus on tech? If I had a private law practice....and shut it down for 6 years, how long would it be to restart it?

That means every turnover in a senate or house seat would mean trainees for what, a year?

One thing that should change is that House members should be in for a four year term. Two years makes for too short a term and an immediate start to fund raising upon winning.

Don't want your candidates to be in office, vote for someone else.

Bugsy McGurk

President

As you
I’m not sure what all that gibberish means.

Nobody should move from one office to another?

We should have term limits?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I’m not sure what all that gibberish means.

Nobody should move from one office to another?

We should have term limits?
We have term limits. Do a shitty job and voters limit your term.

What should change is the system of advantages that keep someone in office forever.
Toss citizens united. No more dark money.
Limit contributions to candidates the donor can vote for. If you don't vote in Colorado, you shouldn't be able to donate to candidates here.

Adding pork to legislation unrelated to the expenditure should be prevented.

Jack4freedom

Governor
Yep. Straight from government job-to-government job. Love our pols.
I like Katy Porter for Feinsteins seat. And yes it is pretty common for former House members to run for Senate seats. Been going on for over 200 years.….The HORROR! Before entering politics, Schiff was a prosecutor. Katy Porter was a housewife and mother before wing her seat in Congress, AOC was a neighborhood bar tender. In America, one doesn’t have to be high born to rise to leadership positions. I like that. Seems to have worked to advancing from a budding, racist, misogynistic Republic to a rich world power where anybody can rise to the top. This is a great country and it is getting greater all the time. The changes and advancement have been excellent in my lifetime. The country I lived in when I first became aware of our system in 1962 has definitely changed and progressed in many ways.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I like Katy Porter for Feinsteins seat. And yes it is pretty common for former House members to run for Senate seats. Been going on for over 200 years.….The HORROR! Before entering politics, Schiff was a prosecutor. Katy Porter was a housewife and mother before wing her seat in Congress, AOC was a neighborhood bar tender. In America, one doesn’t have to be high born to rise to leadership positions. I like that. Seems to have worked to advancing from a budding, racist, misogynistic Republic to a rich world power where anybody can rise to the top. This is a great country and it is getting greater all the time. The changes and advancement have been excellent in my lifetime. The country I lived in when I first became aware of our system in 1962 has definitely changed and progressed in many ways.
Lovely…if not Chauncey Gardner-esque…winding story, but altogether irrelevant to my observation regarding hopscotching career government teat-suckers. I know nothing about Porter, but based on what you write above she is infinitely preferable to the career government alternative.

We citizens should want better representation than incestuous career public insiders. I’m sure the bungling incompetent Bugsy appreciates the assist though. He needs all the help (and therapeutic AZT) that he can get.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Lovely…if not Chauncey Gardner-esque…winding story, but altogether irrelevant to my observation regarding hopscotching career government teat-suckers. I know nothing about Porter, but based on what you write above she is infinitely preferable to the career government alternative.

We citizens should want better representation than incestuous career public insiders. I’m sure the bungling incompetent Bugsy appreciates the assist though. He needs all the help (and therapeutic AZT) that he can get.
Former prosecutor? No good.

Former bartender? No good.

Former housewife? No good.

After all, no one can meet your lofty standards. No one. You are far superior. In your own deluded mind anyway.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

After all, no one can meet your lofty standards. No one. You are far superior. In your own deluded mind anyway.
Huh? I just wrote that Porter (former housewife) is preferable to the career teat-chomper. It would be cool to see Jack (or ANY lefty) take you to task on this sort of crap JUST ONCE.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Rick just wants to provide guidance to help choose candidates he prefers.

Jack4freedom

Governor

Chauncey is one of my favorite characters of all time. Thank you for that compliment. Inspector Clouseau too. He suspects no one and yet he suspects everyone. We need more policemen like him. Do you despise career government teat suckers like Cops, Firemen sanitation workers and the millions of others who make a career out of public service? I like and respect these types, even many elected officials.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Chauncey is one of my favorite characters of all time. Thank you for that compliment. Inspector Clouseau too. He suspects no one and yet he suspects everyone. We need more policemen like him. Do you despise career government teat suckers like Cops, Firemen sanitation workers and the millions of others who make a career out of public service? I like and respect these types, even many elected officials.
He described former prosecutor Schiff as a “government teat sucker.”

These people are awful.

Jack4freedom

Governor
He described former prosecutor Schiff as a “government teat sucker.”

These people are awful.
Ricky don’t like politicians in general Bugs I don’t think he is awful and find him fairly entertaining most of the time. I do think US Politics is kind of fun and interesting. I have followed politics for decades. A lot of interesting characters have emerged through the years. Some totally disgusting people but most have been respectable intelligent people who are trying to advance one agenda or another in good faith.