• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ah Portland

RickWA

Snagglesooth
The question I have is why in the world are "They" aka the establishment allowing it to continue? The do nothing attitudes in these cities encourages these horrific crimes.
Portland city leadership is in league with Antifa types. The mayor and city council are crazed leftists and they handcuff police. Voters in Portland, and overwhelmingly in Multnomah County (Portland straddles three counties and - by far - the most populous is Multnomah) are far, FAR left kooks. In all my travels, I’ve never seen a demographic like that of Portland.

Bottom line is that the value system of my family is the outlier. The value system you see displayed by Portlanders reflects the majority, which is why it gets the mayors and city councils it gets.

My youngest graduates next year and we’re out.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Portland city leadership is in league with Antifa types. The mayor and city council are crazed leftists and they handcuff police. Voters in Portland, and overwhelmingly in Multnomah County (Portland straddles three counties and - by far - the most populous is Multnomah) are far, FAR left kooks. In all my travels, I’ve never seen a demographic like that of Portland.

Bottom line is that the value system of my family is the outlier. The value system you see displayed by Portlanders reflects the majority, which is why it gets the mayors and city councils it gets.

My youngest graduates next year and we’re out.
Portland is over the top, even for me. What will your next stop be do you think?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Portland is over the top, even for me. What will your next stop be do you think?
Great question. We’ve lived in the Phoenix, AZ and Austin, TX areas before and loved both. We still have many friends in both. I have two siblings (and their families) in the greater Boise area, so that’s a possibility.
Honestly, we’re not sure - just excited about the many possibilities. Definitely someplace that rains LESS!!!

My daughter’s biggest fear is that we’re going to follow her to her university town (whatever she chooses). We’re not, but it’s fun to bait her.

:)

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Great question. We’ve lived in the Phoenix, AZ and Austin, TX areas before and loved both. We still have many friends in both. I have two siblings (and their families) in the greater Boise area, so that’s a possibility.
Honestly, we’re not sure - just excited about the many possibilities. Definitely someplace that rains LESS!!!

My daughter’s biggest fear is that we’re going to follow her to her university town (whatever she chooses). We’re not, but it’s fun to bait her.

:)
LOL, yes there's a dorm room with your name on it!

You have some nice locations picked out - the Phoenix/Scottsdale office is on my list as a "maybe someday" place to live, but long ways out.

I have spent the majority of my adult life in Denver and love it there. But it's sure growing fast (as is Austin).

Good luck with the decision, it's fun to have the world open to you like you do!

RickWA

Snagglesooth
LOL, yes there's a dorm room with your name on it!

You have some nice locations picked out - the Phoenix/Scottsdale office is on my list as a "maybe someday" place to live, but long ways out.

I have spent the majority of my adult life in Denver and love it there. But it's sure growing fast (as is Austin).

Good luck with the decision, it's fun to have the world open to you like you do!
Thanks!
Wifey is a native San Diegan, so she leans toward a climate with a looong swimming pool season. That ain’t Boise, but could well be TX or AZ. We’ll see.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
Thanks!
Wifey is a native San Diegan, so she leans toward a climate with a looong swimming pool season. That ain’t Boise, but could well be TX or AZ. We’ll see.
Yup, I get why she wants that - keep us posted!

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Empower the Portland cops, give them real ammunition and tell them to enforce the laws arrest, prosecute and jail these rioters.

The destructive riots will stop.
While their still rounding up people that were on the Capitol Grounds they're still allowing the Antifia domestic terrorist to burn/riot/loot a years later and the one that pulled the butterfly knife should have been shot dead:

Portland rioter draws knife on police after violence breaks out near ICE building, police say (msn.com)

Portland police crack down on rioters, issue new rules for arrests (msn.com)