• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

All about Victor Bout (The Merchant of Death)

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan

From the article:

Rarely does the U.S. government want anyone more than it wanted Viktor Bout, known as the "Merchant of Death." U.S. government officials say Bout became the world's most notorious arms dealer by fueling civil wars around the world. Courted by drug lords and dictators, the U.S. saw him as a threat because of his ability to arm terrorists targeting the United States.

"Viktor Bout in my eyes is one of the most dangerous men on the face of the Earth," Michael Braun, the former chief of operations for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, told correspondent Armen Keteyian.

--------------------------

The Biden administration exchanged this guy for a pot smoking female basketball player while leaving this guy ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whelan_(security_director) ) in a Russian prison to rot.

Can you spell PUBLICITY STUNT?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

From the article:

Rarely does the U.S. government want anyone more than it wanted Viktor Bout, known as the "Merchant of Death." U.S. government officials say Bout became the world's most notorious arms dealer by fueling civil wars around the world. Courted by drug lords and dictators, the U.S. saw him as a threat because of his ability to arm terrorists targeting the United States.

"Viktor Bout in my eyes is one of the most dangerous men on the face of the Earth," Michael Braun, the former chief of operations for the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, told correspondent Armen Keteyian.

The Biden administration exchanged this guy for a pot smoking female basketball player while leaving this guy ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Whelan_(security_director) ) in a Russian prison to rot.

I agree. bad deal. though it was driven by popularity in my opinion rather than parity.

neither deserve to be imprisoned, but the calculus is off....as far as 'value for value' is concerned...

Bugsy McGurk

President

From the article:

Please. The guy is a has-been who’s been imprisoned for over 10 years. His former turf has been taken over by other thugs long ago.

You should value a US citizen, especially a basketball superstar, more than than you value that Tajikistan thug. Even if she does use a lawful product like weed.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Please. The guy is a has-been who’s been imprisoned for over 10 years. His former turf has been taken over by other thugs long ago.

You should value a US citizen, especially a basketball superstar, more than than you value that Tajikistan thug. Even if she does use a lawful product like weed.
It's not legal there

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Quite true. It’s legal here. She obviously made a huge mistake in Russia, but I don’t discount her worth as an American citizen because she is a “pot smoker.”
Agreed. No one discounted her worth, but as far as duration and worth are concerned why not the marine?

Bugsy McGurk

President
Agreed. No one discounted her worth, but as far as duration and worth are concerned why not the marine?
The discounting of her worth is in many posts here, pointing to her pot smoking as a reason to carp about the fairness of the swap.

As to the marine, the negotiators say Russia refused to swap for him.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
The discounting of her worth is in many posts here, pointing to her pot smoking as a reason to carp about the fairness of the swap.

Oh give me a break! I don't give a crap about whether or not the woman smokes dope. Who cares? I pointed that out because that is the crime she was sentenced for. A minor offense even in the REDDEST of states here. Biden exchanged one of the most dangerous men in the world for a minor criminal. Why didn't Biden exchange some minor Russian prisoner for her?

"As to the marine, the negotiators say Russia refused to swap for him." - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I bet when you buy a new car you just take whatever the dealer says is his best offer.

Gheezus! You really believe this was a good deal. Incredible.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

From the article:

Well, it's clear, Obama taught Biden how to trade 5 Terrorist for an Army Deserter so Biden trades the worlds top Terrorist Gun runner for a gay doper roundball player to not be out done.

Putin chess match with Biden-----CHECK MATE

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I agree. bad deal. though it was driven by popularity in my opinion rather than parity.

neither deserve to be imprisoned, but the calculus is off....as far as 'value for value' is concerned...
It's like trading a Kenworth for a Kia

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

So you want more dead Americans
Damn a roundball "superstar" (why was your superstar in Russia)
Your "superstar" hates America

write on

Senator

I think her sexuality has a lot more to do with it. They just don't want to admit it.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Quite true. It’s legal here. She obviously made a huge mistake in Russia, but I don’t discount her worth as an American citizen because she is a “pot smoker.”
Pot is not legal in NC
Fire you up a bowl and find out

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

So Joe should have said NO instead of folding to Putin

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I think her sexuality has a lot more to do with it. They just don't want to admit it.
Her "sexuality"
Is she a he or a she
surely you know________
or does he/she even know
maybe her wife knows

Last edited:

write on

Senator
Her "sexuality"
Is she a he or a she
surely you know________
Google the definition of 'sexuality'.

I stand by what I said. The right wing doesn't want to come clean with the real reason so as not to come off looking like a bigot, so they use her medicinal pot use as their go to. But not you, eh, Dawg?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Google the definition of 'sexuality'.

I stand by what I said. The right wing doesn't want to come clean with the real reason so as not to come off looking like a bigot, so they use her medicinal pot use as their go to. But not you, eh, Dawg?
Man or Female
Only a fool takes dope with them to Russia
Putin outplayed Biden and got his Terrorist back

write on

Senator
Man or Female
Only a fool take dope to jail with them
She didn't "take dope to jail with them". She was arrested at an airport.

Have you been drinking? Or (shhhh) taking a hit off the bowl now and then for your arthritis? ;)

Last edited:

Bugsy McGurk

President
Oh give me a break! I don't give a crap about whether or not the woman smokes dope. Who cares? I pointed that out because that is the crime she was sentenced for. A minor offense even in the REDDEST of states here. Biden exchanged one of the most dangerous men in the world for a minor criminal. Why didn't Biden exchange some minor Russian prisoner for her?

"As to the marine, the negotiators say Russia refused to swap for him." - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - I bet when you buy a new car you just take whatever the dealer says is his best offer.

Gheezus! You really believe this was a good deal. Incredible.
I’m a realist. It would be nice if Russia valued their citizens as much as we value ours. They don’t. This is the real world in which we live.