• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

America Has Been At War 93% of the Time – 222 Out of 239 Years – Since 1776

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
The soldiers that survived in the subsequent battle owe their lives to the ones that died the way they did in the previous battle... the ZULU had seen enough, the Chief saluted them and left them, it wasn't worth what it takes to finish them off.
Yes, ZULU was the culmination of the battle portrayed in Zulu Dawn

If you can find it, watch the prequel to this movie, Zulu Dawn. It is an excellent portrayal of the Battle of Isandlwana , late 1800s, between the British and the Zulu nation. A contingent of 600+ British soldiers were attacked and overrun by approximately 20,000 Zulu warriors. It shows the stern discipline of the British troops on a 3-file, firing line (fire withdraw and reload), as the Zulus got closer and closer.
Chaka Zulu was a good movie too. Should be on youtube. Yep, warrior ethos right here:

My Grandfather, who was wounded in the 1st WW, said that the Boar War was far far worse then WWI - and yet it is now all but forgotten.

Only 'Hollywood romanticizing' keeps these wars alive -
I find old Hollywood movies to be reasonably historical and beyond just romanticizing.

AIL

Jet fuel that's a good one.
I'll give you that but I still don't like him.
You don like me because I have valid criticism of Americas terrible wars of choice.
Your actions killed millions.. Every year you read the names of the 2900 killed on 9/11.
In 2017 have the rest of the world should read the names of the millions killed by US wars/interventions/meddling regime change/coups.
After you read the names of those that died on 9/11 have the Vietnamese, the Laosans , the Cambodians, the Afghans, the Iraqis ,the Libyans and the Syrian read the names of the millions you killed.. After the Arabs and the Asian are finish reading the names then the Latin America countries can read their victims of your meddling and interventions.

37 nations attacked, interfered with or destroyed by America
You can't explain it there is no explanation just wanton murder for greedy corporations .

Study: U.S. regime has killed 20-30 million people since World War Two

After the catastrophic attacks of September 11 2001 monumental sorrow and a feeling of desperate and understandable anger began to permeate the American psyche. A few people at that time attempted to promote a balanced perspective by pointing out that the United States had also been responsible for causing those same feelings in people in other nations, but they produced hardly a ripple. Although Americans understand in the abstract the wisdom of people around the world empathizing with the suffering of one another, such a reminder of wrongs committed by our nation got little hearing and was soon overshadowed by an accelerated "war on terrorism."

But we must continue our efforts to develop understanding and compassion in the world. Hopefully, this article will assist in doing that by addressing the question "How many September 11ths has the United States caused in other nations since WWII?" This theme is developed in this report which contains an estimated numbers of such deaths in 37 nations as well as brief explanations of why the U.S. is considered culpable.

The causes of wars are complex. In some instances nations other than the U.S. may have been responsible for more deaths, but if the involvement of our nation appeared to have been a necessary cause of a war or conflict it was considered responsible for the deaths in it. In other words they probably would not have taken place if the U.S. had not used the heavy hand of its power. The military and economic power of the United States was crucial.

This study reveals that U.S. military forces were directly responsible for about 10 to 15 million deaths during the Korean and Vietnam Wars and the two Iraq Wars. The Korean War also includes Chinese deaths while the Vietnam War also includes fatalities in Cambodia and Laos.

The American public probably is not aware of these numbers and knows even less about the proxy wars for which the United States is also responsible. In the latter wars there were between nine and 14 million deaths in Afghanistan, Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Guatemala, Indonesia, Pakistan and Sudan.

But the victims are not just from big nations or one part of the world. The remaining deaths were in smaller ones which constitute over half the total number of nations. Virtually all parts of the world have been the target of U.S. intervention.

Jack may I add that only a true friend will tell you the truth about your actions or when you are doing something wrong....

I have worked with many American multinational corporations. I have many friends and family in the USA. I have visited many cites in the USA. I have a few expatiates American friends here in Canada.. Yes I am blunt and speak my mind .

My by line on this board is
Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
You don like me because I have valid criticism of Americas terrible wars of choice.
Your actions killed millions.. Every year you read the names of the 2900 killed on 9/11.
In 2017 have the rest of the world should read the names of the millions killed by US wars/interventions/meddling regime change/coups.
After you read the names of those that died on 9/11 have the Vietnamese, the Laosans , the Cambodians, the Afghans, the Iraqis ,the Libyans and the Syrian read the names of the millions you killed.. After the Arabs and the Asian are finish reading the names then the Latin America countries can read their victims of your meddling and interventions.

You can't explain it there is no explanation just wanton murder for greedy corporations .

After the catastrophic attacks of September 11 2001 monumental sorrow and a feeling of desperate and understandable anger began to permeate the American psyche. A few people at that time attempted to promote a balanced perspective by pointing out that the United States had also been responsible for causing those same feelings in people in other nations, but they produced hardly a ripple. Although Americans understand in the abstract the wisdom of people around the world empathizing with the suffering of one another, such a reminder of wrongs committed by our nation got little hearing and was soon overshadowed by an accelerated "war on terrorism."

But we must continue our efforts to develop understanding and compassion in the world. Hopefully, this article will assist in doing that by addressing the question "How many September 11ths has the United States caused in other nations since WWII?" This theme is developed in this report which contains an estimated numbers of such deaths in 37 nations as well as brief explanations of why the U.S. is considered culpable.

The causes of wars are complex. In some instances nations other than the U.S. may have been responsible for more deaths, but if the involvement of our nation appeared to have been a necessary cause of a war or conflict it was considered responsible for the deaths in it. In other words they probably would not have taken place if the U.S. had not used the heavy hand of its power. The military and economic power of the United States was crucial.

This study reveals that U.S. military forces were directly responsible for about 10 to 15 million deaths during the Korean and Vietnam Wars and the two Iraq Wars. The Korean War also includes Chinese deaths while the Vietnam War also includes fatalities in Cambodia and Laos.

The American public probably is not aware of these numbers and knows even less about the proxy wars for which the United States is also responsible. In the latter wars there were between nine and 14 million deaths in Afghanistan, Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Guatemala, Indonesia, Pakistan and Sudan.

But the victims are not just from big nations or one part of the world. The remaining deaths were in smaller ones which constitute over half the total number of nations. Virtually all parts of the world have been the target of U.S. intervention.

Jack may I add that only a true friend will tell you the truth about your actions or when you are doing something wrong....

I have worked with many American multinational corporations. I have many friends and family in the USA. I have visited many cites in the USA. I have a few expatiates American friends here in Canada.. Yes I am blunt and speak my mind .

Nope, I don't like you because you're an ass-hole and because you insult my country. I don't know which country you are from, but I bet it doesn't smell very good.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
My Grandfather, who was wounded in the 1st WW, said that the Boar War was far far worse then WWI - and yet it is now all but forgotten.

Only 'Hollywood romanticizing' keeps these wars alive -
A good portrayal of the Boar War is the movie Breaker Morant. It's the story of three Australian soldiers, or New Zealand, I can't remember for sure, who, following orders, captured and executed several Dutch enemies.
They were tried and shot by the British military.
The movie is based on a book called: Scapegoats for the Empire.

Days

Commentator

Jack is an old Texan, his family motto was "America, love it or leave it" - they have a picture of Archie Bunker hanging in the kitchen, chomping on a stogie, calling his son-in-law a "meat head" ... never mind that his son-in-law was the family hope. Don't expect Jack to understand that America has to answer for the same sins that Americans are used to making other nations answer for. When they do it to us, that's wrong, and when we do it to them, that's okay, and when we do things that were never done to us... that's okay too.

So when you post the truth about America, don't expect to get the truth in return... not from Jack, in short, Jack can't handle the truth. He never could on the fray and he hasn't improved here. So if you point out that America has been the worst war criminal in the past 200 years, Jack goes bezerk, never mind that it is true, Jack doesn't care what is true, that's his politics, that's how he rolls.

... that said, Jack is a wonderful and skilled writer and a poet. But don't expect him to give you a fair shake, just the opposite, he relishes the chance to shove his boot up yerass. That's just his idea of having fun.

A good portrayal of the Boar War is the movie Breaker Morant. It's the story of three Australian soldiers, or New Zealand, I can't remember for sure, who, following orders, captured and executed several Dutch enemies.
They were tried and shot by the British military.
The movie is based on a book called: Scapegoats for the Empire.
Thank you Jack but I rarely watch war films now, I shall make a note of it though.

Jack is an old Texan, his family motto was "America, love it or leave it" - they have a picture of Archie Bunker hanging in the kitchen, chomping on a stogie, calling his son-in-law a "meat head" ... never mind that his son-in-law was the family hope. Don't expect Jack to understand that America has to answer for the same sins that Americans are used to making other nations answer for. When they do it to us, that's wrong, and when we do it to them, that's okay, and when we do things that were never done to us... that's okay too.

So when you post the truth about America, don't expect to get the truth in return... not from Jack, in short, Jack can't handle the truth. He never could on the fray and he hasn't improved here. So if you point out that America has been the worst war criminal in the past 200 years, Jack goes bezerk, never mind that it is true, Jack doesn't care what is true, that's his politics, that's how he rolls.

... that said, Jack is a wonderful and skilled writer and a poet. But don't expect him to give you a fair shake, just the opposite, he relishes the chance to shove his boot up yerass. That's just his idea of having fun.
Within Jacks words is an essence which you do not want to lose though :) xxx

AIL

Jet fuel that's a good one.
Nope, I don't like you because you're an ass-hole and because you insult my country. I don't know which country you are from, but I bet it doesn't smell very good.
You don't want to know the truth about your country . You have this image of America the good but that not the truth you want to live in a lie go ahead live a lie..

Here are more facts that you will not like but its the truth..

2014 Gallup International poll: US #1 threat to world peace

“The world now demands a maturity of America that we may not be able to achieve. It demands that we admit we have been wrong from the beginning of our adventure in [war], that we have been detrimental to the life of the [target nations’] people.” – Martin King, Beyond Vietnam

Gallup International’s poll of 68 countries for 2014 found the US as the greatest threat to peace in the world, voted three times more dangerous to world peace than the next country.

Among Americans, we overall voted our own nation as the 4th most dangerous to peace, and with demographics of students and 18-24 year-olds also concluding the US as the world’s greatest threat.

Opinion aside, we can objectively evaluate the US threat to peace, as younger Americans seem to be doing:
So, what do we do as Americans in support of ending lawless US Wars of Aggression, an obvious action for world peace?

The American public has a HUGE opening to voice demands during the 2014 Worldwide Wave of Action that begins ~April 4 on the anniversary of Martin King’s assassination by the US government (civil court trial verdict), and completing ~July 4. The purposes of the 2014 Worldwide Wave of Action:

Days

Commentator
Within Jacks words is an essence which you do not want to lose though :) xxx
I'm patriotic as the next American. I volunteered Navy to go fight a war, fer crissakes. My dad was Army and Air Force, my brother graduated the Air Force Academy and flew recon, flew more battle missions than were humanly possible in a 18 month period. But I don't call someone an [Unwelcome language removed] for posting the truth, I called Schadenfreude (another Canadian) an [Unwelcome language removed] for posting Lies, but not when he was being honest (I'm not sure he was ever honest, though).

I'm patriotic as the next American. I volunteered Navy to go fight a war, fer crissakes. My dad was Army and Air Force, my brother graduated the Air Force Academy and flew recon, flew more battle missions than were humanly possible in a 18 month period. But I don't call someone an [Unwelcome language removed] for posting the truth, I called Schadenfreude (another Canadian) an [Unwelcome language removed] for posting Lies, but not when he was being honest (I'm not sure he was ever honest, though).

xxx I wasn't criticizing you Days nor was I defending Jacks position :)

Days

Commentator
xxx I wasn't criticizing you Days nor was I defending Jacks position :)
I was agreeing with you, I'm just as patriotic as Jack, I'm not immune from that persuasion. The difference between Jack and myself is I don't let my patriotism blind me to critical thinking. Jack is probably a more critical thinker than I am, but he has a blind spot.

my ten cents

I was agreeing with you, I'm just as patriotic as Jack, I'm not immune from that persuasion. The difference between Jack and myself is I don't let my patriotism blind me to critical thinking. Jack is probably a more critical thinker than I am, but he has a blind spot.

my ten cents
Yer I have the same problem with 'my people' :) xxx

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member

No it wasn't, the family motto has always been: If you ain't Texas, you ain't shit.
As everything else you said (except for the part about skilled writer and poet) is pretty much bullshit.