• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

America's great climate exodus is starting in the Florida Keys

reason10

Governor
I live in Florida, close to the coast. If the oceans were rising even five inches I would know.

There is such a thing as beach erosion. The beaches have sand and there are tides that come in and out. Sanibel/Captiva is a good example. In the Seventies, I'd return there about once every four to six months. At each time, the beaches looked completely different. There would be a flowing inlet one day. Six months later that inlet would be filled in with sand, leaving residents on the Intracoastal side stuck with stagnant water.

In the past ten years, both Sanibel and Captiva spent MILLIONS of dollars in beach renourishment projects, where sand from way offshore would be trucked in and put on the beaches to extend them farther out. And Blind Pass would be blocked off in the water section to be dredged so the water could flow from the Gulf to the Intracoastal Waterway.

On the east coast, there were restaurants in Vero Beach on pilings because the tides were washing the sand out from underneath them. I ate at one of those restaurants and I was nervous most of the night.

Bottom line, only an idiot thinks humans can change the climate. Yes there could very easily be changes to the Florida coastal landscape because those are littoral waters. (Meaning, subject to tides.) As far as water levels going up or down, yes at one time the entire state of Florida was completely under water, long before humans came into being.

There have been hurricanes long before Republicans began cutting taxes and expanding the economy.

Maybe the climate changes, (although there is ZERO evidence of that happening today.) The climate of Florida remains pretty much the same today as it did 30 years ago: very hot in the summer, mild and a little chilly in the winter, subject to monsoon-like rainy seasons in the early summer and dead in the path of hurricanes originating in the Gulf, or making their way drunkenly across the Atlantic from Cape Verde.

Human activity in Florida can only be measured in tourist receipts. Only a idiot thinks humans can even create a rainstorm, much less influence four or five seasons of rainstorms.

EatTheRich

President
I live in Florida, close to the coast. If the oceans were rising even five inches I would know.

There is such a thing as beach erosion. The beaches have sand and there are tides that come in and out. Sanibel/Captiva is a good example. In the Seventies, I'd return there about once every four to six months. At each time, the beaches looked completely different. There would be a flowing inlet one day. Six months later that inlet would be filled in with sand, leaving residents on the Intracoastal side stuck with stagnant water.

In the past ten years, both Sanibel and Captiva spent MILLIONS of dollars in beach renourishment projects, where sand from way offshore would be trucked in and put on the beaches to extend them farther out. And Blind Pass would be blocked off in the water section to be dredged so the water could flow from the Gulf to the Intracoastal Waterway.

On the east coast, there were restaurants in Vero Beach on pilings because the tides were washing the sand out from underneath them. I ate at one of those restaurants and I was nervous most of the night.

Bottom line, only an idiot thinks humans can change the climate. Yes there could very easily be changes to the Florida coastal landscape because those are littoral waters. (Meaning, subject to tides.) As far as water levels going up or down, yes at one time the entire state of Florida was completely under water, long before humans came into being.

There have been hurricanes long before Republicans began cutting taxes and expanding the economy.

Maybe the climate changes, (although there is ZERO evidence of that happening today.) The climate of Florida remains pretty much the same today as it did 30 years ago: very hot in the summer, mild and a little chilly in the winter, subject to monsoon-like rainy seasons in the early summer and dead in the path of hurricanes originating in the Gulf, or making their way drunkenly across the Atlantic from Cape Verde.

Human activity in Florida can only be measured in tourist receipts. Only a idiot thinks humans can even create a rainstorm, much less influence four or five seasons of rainstorms.
There is massive evidence of climate change today, literally bookshelves of journals filled with evidence for anyone who is not afraid to look. The evidence also unambiguously says that the vast majority of the currentrapid and otherwise inexplicable climate change is due to human activity.

Bear Claw

President

Some believe in climate change, some don't.

We all have opinions and beliefs

reason10

Governor
Some believe in climate change, some don't.

We all have opinions and beliefs
Science is not about opinion or belief. It's about fact. It's about evidence, about proving a reality.

So far, there has been ZERO proof that human activity is going to end the world in 12 years, which is precisely what Kotex (formerly AOC) is selling.