• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Amnesty for illegal immigrants...

Wahbooz

Governor
thCAGFF5F8.jpg

I rarely think about it, even though there are those who claim Obama is giving away the country. Hell, there were those who said the same thing about Bush. But, and let's face it, illegal immigration has been going on since 1492. It's really no big deal anymore.

UPNYA2

Mayor
View attachment 26192

I rarely think about it, even though there are those who claim Obama is giving away the country. Hell, there were those who said the same thing about Bush. But, and let's face it, illegal immigration has been going on since 1492. It's really no big deal anymore.
Really? Well please, do tell............

What law specifically was it that was being ignored in 1492?

Whose law, which nation's, is it that was being broken in 1492?

Why 1492?

The people of that universally recognized nation whose laws were being ignored in 1492, which nation's laws did they obey to come to be in legal possession of the land that was being illegally entered in 1492?

From whom was the land legally purchased, traded, sold, granted or exchanged as a result of a war?

How did THEY come to be in legal possession of the land?

Face it sport, it is kinda difficult to discuss legal vs. illegal when you have no laws to bring to the table.

Now if you want to go with "right" vs. "wrong", THAT could be discussed forever being it is so subjective but trying to somehow excuse illegal activities today because of similar events happening in the past before there was any law against such a thing is WEAK.

Try again.

Dino

Russian Asset
View attachment 26192

Do you consider yourself an anarchist?

Arkady

President
View attachment 26192

Some of my own ancestors were illegal immigrants in 1620. Their immigration to Massachusetts was illegal both under local law (they settled on territory claimed by an area tribe), and under English law (they'd only been chartered to settle in Virginia, but instead set up in Massachusetts).

Wahbooz

Governor
Really? Well please, do tell............

What law specifically was it that was being ignored in 1492?

Whose law, which nation's, is it that was being broken in 1492?

Why 1492?

The people of that universally recognized nation whose laws were being ignored in 1492, which nation's laws did they obey to come to be in legal possession of the land that was being illegally entered in 1492?

From whom was the land legally purchased, traded, sold, granted or exchanged as a result of a war?

How did THEY come to be in legal possession of the land?

Face it sport, it is kinda difficult to discuss legal vs. illegal when you have no laws to bring to the table.

Now if you want to go with "right" vs. "wrong", THAT could be discussed forever being it is so subjective but trying to somehow excuse illegal activities today because of similar events happening in the past before there was any law against such a thing is WEAK.

Try again.
I suggest you read a little history, and in particular the law the Pope took upon himself to create to give countries 'the right' to steal land for the wealth of the Vatican. And by the way, I suggest you educate yourself on what a treaty is. What law has been broken? Some 400+ treaties, and that doesn't mention Jackson violating the ruling of the Supreme Court in the 1830's.

Like I said, I find it comical Europeans created laws that supposedly gave them the right to take whatever they chose, and then to create laws to 'protect' themselves from having that which they stole stolen from them.

It's like a bank robber getting mugged, and then telling the cops someone stole his stolen money. You'll never get it, but then I'm not surprised.

Wahbooz

Governor
Some of my own ancestors were illegal immigrants in 1620. Their immigration to Massachusetts was illegal both under local law (they settled on territory claimed by an area tribe), and under English law (they'd only been chartered to settle in Virginia, but instead set up in Massachusetts).
Even when tribes allowed incursion into their lands, many were not satisfied with that, and wanted to force their way even further. This country has a history of over 400 treaties, which they chose not to ever keep. Most people don't get it, but treaties are supposed to be the law of the land.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Obviously, flocking to unowned land in 1620 and claimed land in today's society is entire different involving tons of different factors... so, that romantic comment, while interesting, has zero ties to the current immigration issue.

gigi

Mayor
I get what you're saying, Wahbooz and you make a good point, IMO. But in these days, we have people who live and work here legally who are expected to account for our existence in a number of ways.....while we have people who think that folks who don't live and work here legally should even have to carry ID.

We know how wrong it was for people to come to this big plot of land and steal it from the people who lived on it, worked it, and honored it. But no person living legally in the U.S. today has stolen land. So why would we hold up a past moral atrocity committed by people who are long dead as an argument for committing the same atrocity?That's not justice. You know what justice would be.

BitterPill

The Shoe Cometh
Supporting Member
View attachment 26192

There will have to be some sort of amnesty eventually.

Currently, wingers are dead against amnesty though establishment Republicans understand the need, and that only helps Democrats, so I'm content to see that paradigm continue for the time being. It's not like this Congress can get anything done anyway, and the next Congress will be just as dysfunctional.

"Don't feed the Pilgrims," that got a chuckle or two.

Last edited:

Wahbooz

Governor
I get what you're saying, Wahbooz and you make a good point, IMO. But in these days, we have people who live and work here legally who are expected to account for our existence in a number of ways.....while we have people who think that folks who don't live and work here legally should even have to carry ID.

We know how wrong it was for people to come to this big plot of land and steal it from the people who lived on it, worked it, and honored it. But no person living legally in the U.S. today has stolen land. So why would we hold up a past moral atrocity committed by people who are long dead as an argument for committing the same atrocity?That's not justice. You know what justice would be.
I'm not certain I understand what you're meaning by folks who don't live and work here legally and carrying ID. If someone doesn't have a green card or a visa, they're here 'illegally', and that is the duty of ICE.

And we all have our opinions what justice would be, and that is one of the reasons for land claims suits.

Wahbooz

Governor
There will have to be some sort of amnesty eventually.

Currently, wingers are dead against amnesty though establishment Republicans understand the need, and that only helps Democrats, so I'm content to see that continue for the time being. It's not like this Congress can get anything done anyway, and the next Congress will be more of the same.
It's a do nothing job, being in congress.

gigi

Mayor
I'm not certain I understand what you're meaning by folks who don't live and work here legally and carrying ID. If someone doesn't have a green card or a visa, they're here 'illegally', and that is the duty of ICE.

And we all have our opinions what justice would be, and that is one of the reasons for land claims suits.
Do you think ICE should round those people up and send them away, or not?

Barbella

Senator
What's the unemployment rate for young black men... something like 25%, I believe. Wanna make it even higher? Go for it.... just don't blame the "other side".

Wahbooz

Governor
There is a process. If they seek asylum, their case should be heard. But what most critics are opposed to are those who are from this continent coming here, and you know what ethnic group I mean. I hear them complain all the time about 'those people', never hear about illegal Irish, German, or any of that particular group. It's as if people readily accept that anyone of that complexion is legal, they would never think twice. But I know of a legal Hispanic who was highly decorated during WWII, who was constantly stopped and harassed.

Wahbooz

Governor
What's the unemployment rate for young black men... something like 25%, I believe. Wanna make it even higher? Go for it.... just don't blame the "other side".
What 'other side'? Ignorant remarks like that are not worth responding to. So shoo....

Wahbooz

Governor
I should point out that I also know of a Blackfoot lady who is stopped every time she goes through customs. We seem to have selective interest here when it comes to who is welcome and who is not. If that were the case hundreds of years ago, Plymouth would not have had footprints on it.