• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Another Trump record shattered.

Spamature

President
No it seems to me that some political zealots offered no quarter to the prior administration. Granted there were many mistakes. But absolutely no quarter was granted.

Again and again it has been shared that those comprising the unvaccinated are not limited to the other political party. Why no luxury of a shutdown? And why do you brand it a luxury to the prior? In truth it was catastrophic.
Yet comparisons between our response and others were plentiful. My question is who do we compare our response to now, in order to judge current efforts as a failure, and not it's the same everywhere and no govt has a handle on this current strain.

The sheer number of people who are not vaccinated is concentrated among one political group. In fact, political affiliation is the main predictor of whether or not someone is likely to be vaccinated.

Because, like a luxury, shutdowns are very expensive. It costed trillions to support shutdowns at the beginning of the pandemic. Which is why we aren't doing them now. That and the fact that we have vaccines which are cheap.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yet comparisons between our response and others were plentiful. My question is who do we compare our response to now, in order to judge current efforts as a failure, and not it's the same everywhere and no govt has a handle on this current strain.

The sheer number of people who are not vaccinated is concentrated among one political group. In fact, political affiliation is the main predictor of whether or not someone is likely to be vaccinated.

Because, like a luxury, shutdowns are very expensive. It costed trillions to support shutdowns at the beginning of the pandemic. Which is why we aren't doing them now. That and the fact that we have vaccines which are cheap.
No thank you. Covid is a continuum. There have been several variants preceding, none of which have been ascribed a 'fresh start', which I gather is necessitated by politics. Yes?

Anyway.... The modalities of safeguards are the same, the social distancing elements are the same, and so on. Plus, the advantage of vaccines availability, etc

But only now...now there's this sudden need to separate.... I say no. Don't buy it.

What we have is a poor showing against the very parameters that that type of politics assigned. A d this iteration of president fails against those standards, too

Actually, I'd say worse given the aforementioned availability of vaccines, Ppe, etc

Spamature

President
No thank you. Covid is a continuum. There have been several variants preceding, none of which have been ascribed a 'fresh start', which I gather is necessitated by politics. Yes?

Anyway.... The modalities of safeguards are the same, the social distancing elements are the same, and so on. Plus, the advantage of vaccines availability, etc

But only now...now there's this sudden need to separate.... I say no. Don't buy it.

What we have is a poor showing against the very parameters that that type of politics assigned. A d this iteration of president fails against those standards, too

Actually, I'd say worse given the aforementioned availability of vaccines, Ppe, etc
No fresh start. My original question still stands.

Failure does not happen in a vacuum.
Did every country fail, or just the US ?
If every country failed, then what is success ?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
No it seems to me that some political zealots offered no quarter to the prior administration. Granted there were many mistakes. But absolutely no quarter was granted.

Again and again it has been shared that those comprising the unvaccinated are not limited to the other political party. Why no luxury of a shutdown? And why do you brand it a luxury to the prior? In truth it was catastrophic.
Human Shields & Yarnell…mechanically executing to programming in botlike fashion.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No fresh start. My original question still stands.

Failure does not happen in a vacuum.
Did every country fail, or just the US ?
If every country failed, then what is success ?
You seemed to know before. Now it's inconvenient?

Spamature

President
You seemed to know before. Now it's inconvenient?

It's your claim.
You should know, not me.

When I called Trump a failure. I compared the US to other countries all the time. I used their actions and outcomes as a contrast to his actions.

The truth is that if Biden did what other countries would do, right-wingers would have a fit. They would then openly try to sabotage the efforts, just like they did last year during the Delta wave.

PS.

I was not wishing harm or threatening @Dawg.

I didn't argue the ban because I have argued against bans that were more outrageously undeserved to no avail.

So why even bother.

I know you have a different metric for me that has less leeway than posters on the right.
It only makes it all more fun to kick rear ends and still meet the unfair standards.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
It's your claim.
You should know, not me.

When I called Trump a failure. I compared the US to other countries all the time. I used their actions and outcomes as a contrast to his actions.

The truth is that if Biden did what other countries would do, right-wingers would have a fit. They would then openly try to sabotage the efforts, just like they did last year during the Delta wave.

PS.

I didn't argue the ban because I have argued against bans that were more outrageously undeserved to no avail.

So why even bother.

I know you have a different metric for me that has less leeway than posters on the right.
It only makes it all more fun to kick rear ends and still meet the unfair standards.
Let’s just all agree that Phil has it in for us. Each of us has a leash shorter than the other, and Phil secretly hopes that we all go “full Carl Lewis” with a pair of scissors in hand.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's your claim.
You should know, not me.

PS.

So why even bother.

I don't care what rightwingers would do or think. Fact of the matter is..Biden is doing poorly by the standards set for Trump. Covid spirals out of control.

I removed the ban. Appreciate the clarification.
There's no different metric...that's just bullshit. I ban more right than left. The record is clear

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Let’s just all agree that Phil has it in for us. Each of us has a leash shorter than the other, and Phil secretly hopes that we all go “full Carl Lewis” with a pair of scissors in hand.
Lol. It's the typical hystrionics. The record is clear. It's only when the hystrionic types get zapped that suddenly it's a thing. Spam was cool about it. ..so..there's that.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Lol. It's the typical hystrionics. The record is clear. It's only when the hystrionic types get zapped that suddenly it's a thing. Spam was cool about it. ..so..there's that.
Ok… but I’ll be sleeping with one eye open…
:)

Spamature

President
I don't care what rightwingers would do or think. Fact of the matter is..Biden is doing poorly by the standards set for Trump. Covid spirals out of control.

I removed the ban. Appreciate the clarification.
There's no different metric...that's just bullshit. I ban more right than left. The record is clear
You claim the standards are the same, then tell me what those standards are.

As far as the banning goes.
We already did this one on the exact same subject.

It was wrong when I did it and okay when he did it.
Then you flip-flopped after he did went way beyond anything I said.

This time he posts a joke and I respond in the exact same vein
His stays, mine goes, and I get banned for the joke.

And ALWAYS when you object to my post you remove them entirely sometime even multiple responses in the same thread while the poster I am responding to in the same discussion with me get EDITED to remove only the portion you don't approve of.

That is an unmistakable difference in treatment.

Bugsy McGurk

President

You’re right about that - sane people granted no quarter to Trump as to Covid. None. His “response” was an absolute disgrace from start to finish.

The start? When he disciplined the CDC woman for telling America that Covid was a very serious threat, followed by calling it a Democrat hoax that would just go away like a miracle.

The finish? The last three months of his horrifying term, during which he completely ignored the problem, focused instead on staging a coup, and provided no transition assistance to the Biden team.

With the time between the start and finish being devoted to sheer lunacy, like talking up malaria meds, ingesting disinfectants, and internal use of UV light, coupled with complete hostility toward mask usage and other mitigation measures recommended by health professionals.

In a word - the complete opposite of everything Biden has said and done, as you complain that there’s something unfair about viewing what they have done differently.

Bugsy McGurk

President

The redder the state, the higher the rate of the unvaccinated.

You are supposed to ignore that.

Spamature

President
I won't say he's out to get me.
But his tipping point seems to be weighted differently depending upon ????

Who knows.