• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Another Trump record shattered.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
This is a skill set (or rather discipline) that we all need to develop. The death knell of every thread is the arrival of that person.
Bugs is on Ignore but every once in awhile I must slap him

PJ leftist seldom if ever reply to Bugs and hopefully PJ non-leftist will do the same and let the letch reply to his self

No quarters for Bugs will kill him :)

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Omicron was discovered in Nov. He would have had to start that massive order when it was discovered, and a month before there was a single case of it in this country.

Sure, he could have done that. And the very same people chiding him for not doing that would have claimed he was trying to create hysteria over the virus, had he done it.
Experts warned Brandon of Omicron in OCTOBER

Bugsy McGurk

President
Omicron was discovered in Nov. He would have had to start that massive order when it was discovered, and a month before there was a single case of it in this country.

Sure, he could have done that. And the very same people chiding him for not doing that would have claimed he was trying to create hysteria over the virus, had he done it.
Exactly. Not a one of them urged any additional actions by Biden at the time. But here they are, mindlessly carping after the fact. It’s just what they do.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Bugs is on Ignore but every once in awhile I must slap him

PJ leftist seldom if ever reply to Bugs and hopefully PJ non-leftist will do the same and let the letch reply to his self

No quarters for Bugs will kill him :)
One good mindless ditto deserves another.

;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Mindless dittoing is so much more rewarding, no?

;-)
“Mindless dittoing”
“Mindless carping”
“GOP saboteurs”
etc.

The puny vocabulary of our DNC troll is well beneath short bus material. When does HQ dispatch send your relief shift?

Bugsy McGurk

President
“Mindless dittoing”
“Mindless carping”
“GOP saboteurs”
etc.

The puny vocabulary of our DNC troll is well beneath short bus material. When does HQ dispatch send your relief shift?
There you go…supplementing your mindless dittoing with idiotic noise.

Careful now…don’t ruin your record by discussing anything of substance!

;-)

Spamature

President
Indeed, the loyalists now call for no pre-planning of logistics, ppe, and detection. Reactive orientation is now the stuff of leadership.

And these guys don’t even TRY to appear rational or evenhanded. Hehe.
Not pre-planning
He would have to have taken action the day the variant was discovered in order to have enough test by the time the wave hit us.

Spamature

President
Experts warned Brandon of Omicron in OCTOBER
Were they expert psychics ?

Because this is the timeline of that variant.

4 November
South African scientists begin seeing samples where PCR tests have S-gene target failure (which occurs in a few variants, but not in Delta which had by far dominated in the country in October), alerting them to a change in epidemiology.[3]

8 November
The first confirmed sample of what would eventually be named the Omicron variant by the World Health Organization (WHO) is collected in South Africa.[4][5][6]

9 November
Other samples of the Omicron variant are collected in Botswana by South African scientists[7][8] under the aegis of Network for Genomic Surveillance South Africa (NGS-SA).

14–23 November
More than 70 percent of sequenced samples from Gauteng province in South Africa are Omicron, indicating that it already has become the dominant variant in the province.[9]

24 November
South Africa makes its first report of B.1.1.529 (as it is scientifically known) to WHO,[1] based on samples that had been collected from 14 to 16 November.[10]

Bugsy McGurk

President
Not pre-planning
He would have to have taken action the day the variant was discovered in order to have enough test by the time the wave hit us.
Just imagine their shrieking if Biden ordered half a billion more tests back when millions of them sat on store shelves, gathering dust.

Of course, they now shriek because he didn’t do that.

Wingers.

Spamature

President
Just imagine their shrieking if Biden ordered half a billion more tests back when millions of them sat on store shelves, gathering dust.

Of course, they now shriek because he didn’t do that.

Wingers.
I remember "posters" being upset that the news was even talking about the new variant as we were coming into the Thanksgiving holiday.

Yet, now they are blasting Biden for not taking action on the very thing they claimed was fearmongering.

Ironically, they claim it is the other side and not them that have a double standard.
I guess they just separate but equal standards.

EatTheRich

President
Which country succeeded in 2020?
Vietnam ... to a much greater extent than the U.S. They have continued to handle it better but they are challenged now too due largely to the situation created by the Trump and Johnson administrations and their advantage over the U.S. has diminished.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Not pre-planning
No, he would have had to agree on a policy placed before him earlier to ramp up test kit manufacturing. Biden DECLINED to do so.

…and his partisan lackeys are now arguing that Biden need only REACT to what happens rather than prepare for it. Gee whiz, you guys are certainly consistent. That’s exactly what you ‘human shielded’ his predecessor for, right?

Lordy - ZERO credibility. NONE.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I remember "posters" being upset that the news was even talking about the new variant as we were coming into the Thanksgiving holiday.

Yet, now they are blasting Biden for not taking action on the very thing they claimed was fearmongering.

Ironically, they claim it is the other side and not them that have a double standard.
I guess they just separate but equal standards.
Lefty not liking the bouquet and flavor of HIS CRAZED STANDARD being visited upon him. How shocking…

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Like the onset of this pandemic?
The virus didn't come out of nowhere... this is something Trump should have seen coming. He had been warned.

Obama team left pandemic playbook for Trump administration, officials confirm

Obama team left pandemic playbook for Trump administration, officials confirm | PBS NewsHour

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The virus didn't come out of nowhere... this is something Trump should have seen coming. He had been warned.

Obama team left pandemic playbook for Trump administration, officials confirm

Obama team left pandemic playbook for Trump administration, officials confirm | PBS NewsHour
So if I have your position clear, when this virus was new, and still called a novel coronavirus Trump should have known and been prepared for the scale, correct?
But under this administration, having entered its tenure with tens if not hundreds of millions of infections recorded, and quite a number of variants to date, they should be afforded the latitude of not having clairvoyance and therefore should be excused for their unpreparedness, do I have that correct?

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
So if I have your position clear, when this virus was new, and still called a novel coronavirus Trump should have known and been prepared for the scale, correct?
But under this administration, having entered its tenure with tens if not hundreds of millions of infections recorded, and quite a number of variants to date, they should be afforded the latitude of not having clairvoyance and therefore should be excused for their unpreparedness, do I have that correct?
Trump's disbanding the pandemic unit is to be regarded as one of the main reasons we are where we are -- contending with the deadly virus. IMO
Biden has had to deal with Trump's brand of lies and misinformation as well as listening to the scientific experts.
I wish we could have more testing kits at this very moment in time. They are to be more readily available sometime this month.
In my area several testing sites had to be closed down not from a lack of tests but from a lack of people showing up to be tested. I can't see the point in blaming Biden for events like those.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Trump's disbanding the pandemic unit is to be regarded as one of the main reasons we are where we are -- contending with the deadly virus. IMO
Biden has had to deal with Trump's brand of lies and misinformation as well as listening to the scientific experts.
I wish we could have more testing kits at this very moment in time. They are to be more readily available sometime this month.
In my area several testing sites had to be closed down not from a lack of tests but from a lack of people showing up to be tested. I can't see the point in blaming Biden for events like those.
No, not really. That is regarded as a misrepresentation.

Trump left office....Biden took over.. Biden benefits from readily available vaccine and PPE...a d his messaging remains muddled.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
No, not really. That is regarded as a misrepresentation.

Trump left office....Biden took over.. Biden benefits from readily available vaccine and PPE...a d his messaging remains muddled.
Okay, it was rated as partly false according to the read.
Biden's messaging on vaccination seems quite consistent, despite all the naysayers. It's up to those downplaying the virus and refusing to be vaccinated to follow the guidelines.
Even Trump describes those refusing to be boosted as gutless. That seems like a big switcheroo from months ago. That's a big change from his days of being vaccinated in private.
Based on our research, the claim that President Trump fired the "entire" pandemic response team is PARTLY FALSE. The Directorate of Global Health Security and Biodefense was disbanded under Trump's then-national security adviser John Bolton. But Trump didn't fire its members. Some resigned, and others moved to different units on the National Security Council.