• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Anybody disagree that when Mitt & The President debate health care next October

GordonGecko

President
it is going to be HI-larious....to watch Romney basically try to say-

"Your version of Romneycare is a disaster, Mr. President....MY version of Romneycare was a success!"?

:)

fairsheet

Senator
a lot of Mitt's anti-Obamacare politicking is founded on his claim that HIS Massachussets idea was all good, BUT that he can't support it on a national level because it's unconstitutional. It's likely that prior to next October, the Supreme Court will have ruled Obamacare constitutional. That's going to be a problem for Mitt.

GordonGecko

President
a lot of Mitt's anti-Obamacare politicking is founded on his claim that HIS Massachussets idea was all good, BUT that he can't support it on a national level because it's unconstitutional. It's likely that prior to next October, the Supreme Court will have ruled Obamacare constitutional. That's going to be a problem for Mitt.
Another great line for Mitt to try-

"Romneycare was a great, fantastic idea....that I won't impose on America!"

:D

fairsheet

Senator
Another great line for Mitt to try-

"Romneycare was a great, fantastic idea....that I won't impose on America!"

:D
My guess is that if Mitt had his druthers, he'd downplay the "Obamacare-hate" angle as much as possible. But alas for him, his Fox/GOP wing may not give him that luxury.

TomFitz

Mayor
Probably....he'll downplay it once he has the Nomination locked-up for sure.
No doubt.

And I suspect that the noise machine will suddenly stop talking about it too. Wall Street and K Street want Romney. With him as the candidate (win or lose), repealing health care reform goes away.

Friday13

Governor
Well, he shat this out...

According to our new analysis, the economic plan offered yesterday by GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney would deliver a massive $6.6 trillion tax cut that would primarily benefit the very wealthy and corporations. After accounting for the added interest costs that we’ll have to pay, the total cost of Romney’s plan grows to $7.8 trillion over the next 10 years.

Romney lays out several tax policies, all of which primarily benefit the super wealthy.

– Extend all the Bush tax cuts: While everyone got a tax cut from President Bush, the extremely wealthy got the lion’s share of the benefit. In 2010, fully half of the entire benefit from all of the Bush tax cuts flowed to the richest 5 percent of Americans. Extending them all (plus indexing the Alternative Minimum Tax to inflation) will cost nearly $4 trillion, not including interest costs.

– Eliminate capital gains taxes for middle income households: Capital gains tax rates are already extraordinarily low, but middle class Americans don’t enjoy much benefit from that. According to the Tax Policy Center, 67 percent of the entire benefit from lower capital gains tax rates goes to millionaires. Romney’s proposal won’t cost much because it won’t benefit many people.

– Cut corporate taxes: Romney’s proposal to cut the corporate rate by about a third would cost more than $900 billion. Needless to say, this cut would benefit mainly the very rich and corporations.

– Eliminate estate taxes: Right now, only the very biggest, richest fraction of a percent of all estates pay any tax at all. Eliminating even this paltry amount would cost about $175 billion, and would, of course, only benefit a few extremely wealthy heirs and heiresses.

Romney's "economic plan"