• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Are you anti-tobacco?

xaero

Council Member

I hope everybody understands smoking tobacco harms much more than smoking pot. So, if we’re heading to total legalization of marijuana then why not to get rid of tobacco? Anti-tobacco agenda just raises minimum age of tobacco purchasers but it can’t beat the tobacco propaganda.

Caroljo

Senator
Huh? Not sure what you said in your last sentence....
I don't have a problem with making pot legal for recreational use. I agree it's not as dangerous as tobacco. But, not ALL cigarette or cigar smokers want to smoke pot and get high. What would you do for them? To think something like that would work is nuts!

I hope everybody understands smoking tobacco harms much more than smoking pot. So, if we’re heading to total legalization of marijuana then why not to get rid of tobacco? Anti-tobacco agenda just raises minimum age of tobacco purchasers but it can’t beat the tobacco propaganda.
What is your point? All those who smoke either do not necessarily smoke the other.

Wahbooz

Governor

First of all, do you know whether it is smoking tobacco is the culprit, or is it the additives some companies put in their tobacco? Why is it many smokers do not die of cancer, but old age?

Secondly, tobacco is sacred to some cultures, as well as is not supposed to be abused. There's more to the issue than meets the eye.

An important issue to address is the number of kids who are contracting Asthma from breathing our air, from exhaust fumes, as well as the number of deaths each year from Radon.

xaero

Council Member
Huh? Not sure what you said in your last sentence....
I don't have a problem with making pot legal for recreational use. I agree it's not as dangerous as tobacco. But, not ALL cigarette or cigar smokers want to smoke pot and get high. What would you do for them? To think something like that would work is nuts!
If pot is being legalized so rapidly then why not to ban cigarettes at least softly? USPHS fights against tobacco by raising smoking age and that's all they do. Of course it won't fly, we need ban on cigs, time to get rid of this obsessive habit. That's my point. And those smokers should read more about how smoking harms, or use strips, I don't want to breathe their smoke.
First of all, do you know whether it is smoking tobacco is the culprit, or is it the additives some companies put in their tobacco? Why is it many smokers do not die of cancer, but old age?
Secondly, tobacco is sacred to some cultures, as well as is not supposed to be abused. There's more to the issue than meets the eye.
I didn't feel good when I smoked. Now I feel myself okay. When I visit some place where tobacco smoke curls I often have a headache after and my clothes reek. I don't care what they put in their tobacco, I just don't want people around me to smoke. Do I have this right? I guess I have.
Marijuana, mushrooms, peyote - all these psychedelics were sacred to some cultures, does it make any sense?

Caroljo

Senator
If pot is being legalized so rapidly then why not to ban cigarettes at least softly? USPHS fights against tobacco by raising smoking age and that's all they do. Of course it won't fly, we need ban on cigs, time to get rid of this obsessive habit. That's my point. And those smokers should read more about how smoking harms, or use strips, I don't want to breathe their smoke.

I didn't feel good when I smoked. Now I feel myself okay. When I visit some place where tobacco smoke curls I often have a headache after and my clothes reek. I don't care what they put in their tobacco, I just don't want people around me to smoke. Do I have this right? I guess I have.
Marijuana, mushrooms, peyote - all these psychedelics were sacred to some cultures, does it make any sense?
Smokers DO know what the health risks are. But once they're addicted, it can be a real fight trying to quit. They say cigarette smoking is as addictive as cocaine. In the 1990's they did something that allowed the tobacco companies to add a lot of junk to them, which made them even more addictive. There is no way they would get away with suddenly banning them...you'd have a LOT of really pissed off people going through withdrawals. You also can't just decide to make pot, mushrooms, whatever, legal to replace cigarettes! Not everyone like to get high! Lol!

By strips are you talking about the nicotine patches? There's many forms of nicotine replacement out there, but they don't work for everyone. I had to end up in the hospital with a lung infection before I was finally able to quit. Sometimes you just need the sh*t scared out of you. You're in a dream world thinking they can just eliminate smoking. You can be mad at people all you want for smoking around you, but they have rights too. When I smoked though I did try to be polite and not smoke around someone that didn't.

Wahbooz

Governor

Agreed, but there's a difference between 'smoking' and tobacco being used as it was intended. As I said, tobacco was never meant to be abused, and smoking for 'pleasure' is abusing it.

The rich are sissies who are afraid of the Marlboro Man. I don't know if smoking actually promotes toughness, but someone who wants to feel tough is almost as much of a danger to the economic dictators as those who actually are tough. A non-smoker never disobeyed his Mommy and Daddy, which also benefits the plutocracy, because fat cats love mice.

Smoking locates cancer. If you have the DNA for it but don't smoke, you'll get it somewhere else. Feminists will get breast cancer and anal-retentive corporate yes-men will get colon cancer.

An oncologist is just a Mama's Boy who didn't earn a living until he was 30 years old. Such inhibited nerds will never cure anything. So they cover up their inferiority by trying to blame people's lifestyles.

Wahbooz

Governor
Smokers DO know what the health risks are. But once they're addicted, it can be a real fight trying to quit. They say cigarette smoking is as addictive as cocaine. In the 1990's they did something that allowed the tobacco companies to add a lot of junk to them, which made them even more addictive. There is no way they would get away with suddenly banning them...you'd have a LOT of really pissed off people going through withdrawals. You also can't just decide to make pot, mushrooms, whatever, legal to replace cigarettes! Not everyone like to get high! Lol!

By strips are you talking about the nicotine patches? There's many forms of nicotine replacement out there, but they don't work for everyone. I had to end up in the hospital with a lung infection before I was finally able to quit. Sometimes you just need the sh*t scared out of you. You're in a dream world thinking they can just eliminate smoking. You can be mad at people all you want for smoking around you, but they have rights too. When I smoked though I did try to be polite and not smoke around someone that didn't.

gigi

Mayor
The rich are sissies who are afraid of the Marlboro Man. I don't know if smoking actually promotes toughness, but someone who wants to feel tough is almost as much of a danger to the economic dictators as those who actually are tough. A non-smoker never disobeyed his Mommy and Daddy, which also benefits the plutocracy, because fat cats love mice.

Smoking locates cancer. If you have the DNA for it but don't smoke, you'll get it somewhere else. Feminists will get breast cancer and anal-retentive corporate yes-men will get colon cancer.

An oncologist is just a Mama's Boy who didn't earn a living until he was 30 years old. Such inhibited nerds will never cure anything. So they cover up their inferiority by trying to blame people's lifestyles.
What are you talking about? There are plenty of people walking around who beat cancer thanks to the help of their oncologists.

As far as tobacco being more harmful than weed, there are conflicting studies. And until each of us everyday people who aren't scientists are willing to go backtrack through all the data, we're really just holding up the point of view we want to be true.

What are you talking about? There are plenty of people walking around who beat cancer thanks to the help of their oncologists.

As far as tobacco being more harmful than weed, there are conflicting studies. And until each of us everyday people who aren't scientists are willing to go backtrack through all the data, we're really just holding up the point of view we want to be true.
An interesting site

http://whyfiles.org/183smoking/2.html