• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Are you proud to be a Republican?

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
The Confederate flag is racist. The Civil War was all about keeping black people enslaved.
No answer to the question. You're wrong. The flag is inanimate, not capable of racism. The Civil War was not about a single issue or viewpoint. The North spun it as a slavery issue, the South as a states rights issue. The majority of Southerners didn't own slaves.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
No answer to the question. You're wrong. The flag is inanimate, not capable of racism. The Civil War was not about a single issue or viewpoint. The North spun it as a slavery issue, the South as a states rights issue. The majority of Southerners didn't own slaves.
The Confederate flag is a symbol of racism. That's why neo-nazis and white supremacists wave it at their rallies.

That's why this white supremacist trumpie defiled the Capitol by carrying this symbol of hate into it.

1642101248742.png

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
Yep, racists fly the Confederate flag.
Some racists fly that flag, but that doesn't make everyone that likes it a racist. Some racists vote democrat, but not all democrats are racists. No one alive today served under that flag. Most people I know mainly remember that design from an awesome car, the General Lee.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Some racists fly that flag, but that doesn't make everyone that likes it a racist. Some racists vote democrat, but not all democrats are racists. No one alive today served under that flag. Most people I know mainly remember that design from an awesome car, the General Lee.
I'm pretty sure non-racists understand that the symbolism of the confederate flag is racism aka white supremacy.

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
I'm pretty sure non-racists understand that the symbolism of the confederate flag is racism aka white supremacy.
No, it's not. This is coming from a non-racist, so I'm absolutely sure. Just because you choose to be offended by something doesn't mean everyone is required to change their views on it. I see it and think "Just two good ol" boys, never meanin' no harm..." (in Waylon Jennings voice.)

Joe in Tulsa

Council Member
Yes it is...white.
No, it is not. You're bigotry against anyone born in the South, and proud of it, doesn't change reality. There is Southern pride in people of every color. My brown, red, and white family have Southern pride. I have friends that were born and raised in the North and are proud of where they're from. They're still good people.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
No, it is not. You're bigotry against anyone born in the South, and proud of it, doesn't change reality. There is Southern pride in people of every color. My brown, red, and white family have Southern pride. I have friends that were born and raised in the North and are proud of where they're from. They're still good people.
Aren't you all the same people who are against teaching our kids an accurate history of race in America?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
How proud are you of the Tulsa race riot of 1921? Pretty much republican area now...right?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It was about COTTON
Why did democrats not free their slaves?
You mean the southerners? Northerners did free the slaves...and there were certainly democrats in the north.

If it was about cotton why don't ANY of the articles of session mention cotton? Most mention that when slaves escaped the North wouldn't catch them and send them back...

You could be right...cotton was part of the consideration...as in "who is going to pick this shit...not me...get you some darkies"