• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

are you really pro-life?

I'm no more angry about abortion than I usually am. And I'm no less interested in pointing out the games that liars like you, who search for the anti-Catholic Catholic voice to uphold you and soothe the conflict that rages on within you, play. You can't make peace with what you want to happen to the children of poor women.You want them dead. It's cheaper and easier for you. Talking the way you do helps you manage your ever shrinking conscience and you've fooled yourself into thinking it's the perfect cover. And after all, you don't have to get off your ass to do it. So you look for someone else to validate you. That's on you. But at the end of the day Joan preaches a lot of untruths about what the Catholic faith believes. She also denies how the Catholic Church reaches all around the world to help those poor women and children that fakes like you and her only use to make a point.

You do nothing, Julie. And then you try to blame everyone else for the suffering you don't care about because we believe these people have a right to life.
I so wish I could click "winner" more than once on this.

gigi

Mayor
that's why having contraceptives, including the morning after pill, affordable and accessible are so important for today's women (thanks Obama) and efforts to stop that are so deplorable.
No one made an effort to stop that. Obama made an effort to make himself pope and force the whole world into your....bedroom....and it failed miserably. Case after case....down the tubes. He' so pissed over the decisions that now his pals in congress (what's left of them) are trying to write around the decision now.

He's like the show off guy who brags how he's going to impress his date and it all turns to crap by the time dinner comes.

Meanwhile, Julie, if you need a ride to the doctor or a little help making a decision in the drug store, just let us know. Lots of women conduct their own sex lives without Congress' help. You can, too!

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I'm no more angry about abortion than I usually am. And I'm no less interested in pointing out the games that liars like you, who search for the anti-Catholic Catholic voice to uphold you and soothe the conflict that rages on within you, play. You can't make peace with what you want to happen to the children of poor women.You want them dead. It's cheaper and easier for you. Talking the way you do helps you manage your ever shrinking conscience and you've fooled yourself into thinking it's the perfect cover. And after all, you don't have to get off your ass to do it. So you look for someone else to validate you. That's on you. But at the end of the day Joan preaches a lot of untruths about what the Catholic faith believes. She also denies how the Catholic Church reaches all around the world to help those poor women and children that fakes like you and her only use to make a point.

You do nothing, Julie. And then you try to blame everyone else for the suffering you don't care about because we believe these people have a right to life.
your understanding of Catholicism is not well developed.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
No one made an effort to stop that. Obama made an effort to make himself pope and force the whole world into your....bedroom....and it failed miserably. Case after case....down the tubes. He' so pissed over the decisions that now his pals in congress (what's left of them) are trying to write around the decision now.

He's like the show off guy who brags how he's going to impress his date and it all turns to crap by the time dinner comes.

Meanwhile, Julie, if you need a ride to the doctor or a little help making a decision in the drug store, just let us know. Lots of women conduct their own sex lives without Congress' help. You can, too!
your understanding of government in a secular society is wanting.

Jen

Senator

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/07/30/1407166/-Catholic-Nun-Explains-Pro-Life-In-A-Way-That-May-Stun-The-Masses

I've worked with and loved nuns my whole life and this is a pretty special one. Sister Joan Chittister is an author of 50 books and a lecturer. Holding a Ph.D. from Penn State University, she is also a research associate in a division of Cambridge University.
I am personally 100% pro life.
However I am in favor of legal abortion until the 12th week of gestation so that if a woman realizes she's not fit to be a mother she can kill her child before it realizes it has an awful mom. It's still murder. But if a child isn't going to be treated right by the one person in this world who is supposed to be there to protect, nurture, and care for it, then that child is better off dead.

That is the ONLY reason I am in favor of legal abortion. If a mother is willing to kill her child, then she is doing that child a favor by killing it. I have posted this many times and it always enrages people, but it's the truth as far as I see it.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I am personally 100% pro life.
However I am in favor of legal abortion until the 12th week of gestation so that if a woman realizes she's not fit to be a mother she can kill her child before it realizes it has an awful mom. It's still murder. But if a child isn't going to be treated right by the one person in this world who is supposed to be there to protect, nurture, and care for it, then that child is better off dead.

That is the ONLY reason I am in favor of legal abortion. If a mother is willing to kill her child, then she is doing that child a favor by killing it. I have posted this many times and it always enrages people, but it's the truth as far as I see it.
your "However" means you're not pro-life.
heck, you're not even anti-abortion.
you need a new label.

gigi

Mayor
your understanding of government in a secular society is wanting.
Nope. Your understanding of the freedom to practice one's faith in a secular society is what's wanting. And up til Obama and his cheap date mandate, we all got along much better. But when the government (Obama) attempted to create a government sanctioned religion by forcing people away from living out their personal faiths to instead change their beliefs as he sees appropriate, the shit hit the fan.

Obama has said religious beliefs have got to change. Your next hopeful, Hillary Clinton has said the same thing. The bent for a theocracy is coming from your side of the aisle.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Nope. Your understanding of the freedom to practice one's faith in a secular society is what's wanting. And up til Obama and his cheap date mandate, we all got along much better. But when the government (Obama) attempted to create a government sanctioned religion by forcing people away from living out their personal faiths to instead change their beliefs as he sees appropriate, the shit hit the fan.

Obama has said religious beliefs have got to change. Your next hopeful, Hillary Clinton has said the same thing. The bent for a theocracy is coming from your side of the aisle.
are you being forced to have per-marital or extra-marital sex?

are you being forced to have an abortion?

are you being forced to use contraception?

since your answer would be NO to all of the above, it follows that your freedom to practice your religious faith in our secular society is not affected.....at all. :)

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Once Obama and Clinton talked about demanding that religions change.. that was creepy.

But, to be celebrated by the secularists, who appear to jump for joy whenever things go against those of faith, regardless of if it's constitutional or not.

gigi

Mayor
are you being forced to have per-marital or extra-marital sex?

are you being forced to have an abortion?

are you being forced to use contraception?

since your answer would be NO to all of the above, it follows that your freedom to practice your religious faith in our secular society is not affected.....at all. :)
I'm not being forced because I don't own a business so I don't provide health insurance for employees.
But people who do own businesses and provide health insurance ARE being forced to provide these things for you. If you ask me to pay your rent for you, I might do it. If you ask me to pay for an abortion for you, I won't do it. If I said "yes, here's money for your abortion", it would be tantamount to having one myself, or giving one to you. Either way, whether it was my baby or your baby, I would have participated in killing a human being. God doesn't say "well the baby you helped kill wasn't yours so it's okay." You might feel that way. And Obama might feel that way. But neither of you are God. I know it's hard for Obamanuts to hear that, but it's true. He is not God.
But now Obama et al have decided that employers MUST participate in the killing of human beings by providing the means, whether their God forbids them from participating in these deaths or not. You , like that clown you slobber over out there in DC have decided what's reasonable and acceptable to believe. Again, you share with him the desire to create a theocracy. He's failing, and you're on a sinking ship.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
I'm not being forced because I don't own a business so I don't provide health insurance for employees.
But people who do own businesses and provide health insurance ARE being forced to provide these things for you. If you ask me to pay your rent for you, I might do it. If you ask me to pay for an abortion for you, I won't do it. If I said "yes, here's money for your abortion", it would be tantamount to having one myself, or giving one to you. Either way, whether it was my baby or your baby, I would have participated in killing a human being. God doesn't say "well the baby you helped kill wasn't yours so it's okay." You might feel that way. And Obama might feel that way. But neither of you are God. I know it's hard for Obamanuts to hear that, but it's true. He is not God.
But now Obama et al have decided that employers MUST participate in the killing of human beings by providing the means, whether their God forbids them from participating in these deaths or not. You , like that clown you slobber over out there in DC have decided what's reasonable and acceptable to believe. Again, you share with him the desire to create a theocracy. He's failing, and you're on a sinking ship.
And if you're an employer, it's not your business which of your employees uses which kind of contraceptive.

gigi

Mayor
And if you're an employer, it's not your business which of your employees uses which kind of contraceptive.
Exactly!! And for this very reason, I don't have to provide it for you. I don't have to give you something I believe God forbids! What you do on your own time with your own money is your own business. Get your own. Seems to be working out that way anyway so what are you going to do? What have you been doing for all these decades and why did it become so impossible?

Seems to me that a president who really had any respect for women and low income families would be focusing on ways we can help them NOT be low income instead of ways we are forced to be a part of his plan to make sure they don't breed. Que Nurse Sanger....

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Exactly!! And for this very reason, I don't have to provide it for you. I don't have to give you something I believe God forbids! What you do on your own time with your own money is your own business. Get your own. Seems to be working out that way anyway so what are you going to do? What have you been doing for all these decades and why did it become so impossible?

Seems to me that a president who really had any respect for women and low income families would be focusing on ways we can help them NOT be low income instead of ways we are forced to be a part of his plan to make sure they don't breed. Que Nurse Sanger....
you're completely irrational on this topic.
women and their families need birth control so THEY can choose when to have children, when THEY can afford to have children, when THEY are healthy enough to have children. Pres Obama and the Dems, with the PPACA, made THAT a guarantee for all women and their families. the other option is to deny the poor birth control so they wouldn't have control over their lives and remain in poverty....like Sister Theresa did.

Mr. Friscus

Governor
you sound angry at the good sister for her eloquence on the "pro-life" position and morality, and angry at me for posting her words. perhaps it touches a spot you've yet to explore in your faith. expand your thinking, gigi, it'll be good for you.
Just to be clear... this "sister's" beliefs aren't consistant with Catholic teachings, so who knows what the fallout will be.

I totally understand why you'd flock to her, but she's wrong, so says the religion. It's not even up for debate.

I can claim what she said no more than I can claim that Jesus wasn't God.

It's simply not possible.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
women and their families need birth control so THEY can choose when to have children, when THEY can afford to have children, when THEY are healthy enough to have children. Pres Obama and the Dems, with the PPACA, made THAT a guarantee for all women and their families. the other option is to deny the poor birth control so they wouldn't have control over their lives and remain in poverty....like Sister Theresa did.
I meant to type "Mother Teresa."

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Nobody is denying anyone the right to buy contraception.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about.