• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Arrest warrant issued for Tampa megachurch pastor who led packed services despite safer-at-home orders

BobbyT

Governor
ok, so each party goer that trusted their friend.. or otherwise..
Did I say 'friend'? Nope. I said person in a position of trust. "Position of trust" has a meaning.

position of trust
noun phrase
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

Definition of position of trust

: a job/position in which one has a lot of responsibility and power

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Did I say 'friend'? Nope. I said person in a position of trust. "Position of trust" has a meaning.

position of trust
noun phrase
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

Definition of position of trust

: a job/position in which one has a lot of responsibility and power

you ok.. i said friend. it's there..plain as day. i said it.

you doent trust persons you call friend?

BobbyT

Governor
you ok.. i said friend. it's there..plain as day. i said it.

you doent trust persons you call friend?
What does whether I trust my friends have to do with people in positions of trust abusing that position to convince people to behave dangerously and being held accountable for doing so? Nothing. This is not about me.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
What does whether I trust my friends have to do with people in positions of trust abusing that position to convince people to behave dangerously and being held accountable for doing so? Nothing. This is not about me.
i'm simply saying it's not limited to the one pastor in some megachurch you seem focused on.

BobbyT

Governor
i'm simply saying it's not limited to the one pastor in some megachurch you seem focused on.
I'm not focused on the one pastor. I'm focused on the difference between why an arrest warrant was issued for this pastor and he is not, as you said, "subjected to whatever legal penalties" the spring breakers get (the post I replied to in my first response). It's the difference between a person in a position of trust and a bunch of individuals acting on their own. There's no way we could hold (or even find) every individual who makes stupid decisions vis a vis this virus that put themselves and others in danger. We can, however, make a strong example, and hopefully an equally strong deterrent, to those who might, as this pastor did, abuse their positions of trust to encourage groups of people who may otherwise not have acted unwisely from doing so.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
i dunno what to tell you . seems unsafe.
Church close to home had service Sunday, but, 10 or less people and evidently all could be more than 6' from each other...…...Christians need to hear the WORD like druggies need another fix and will die to get it, evidently.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Church close to home had service Sunday, but, 10 or less people and evidently all could be more than 6' from each other...…...Christians need to hear the WORD like druggies need another fix and will die to get it, evidently.
no offense, but someof these 'pastors' arent in it for the saving of souls.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Update:

Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne was booked on misdemeanor charges of unlawful assembly and violation of public health rules after flouting social distancing orders at The River at Tampa Bay church.

Howard-Browne—an ally of President Donald Trump—has been an outspoken opponent of social distancing requirements, claiming his church has machines that can stop the coronavirus and vowing to personally cure the state of Florida himself.

LOL.

EatTheRich

President

As the most impartial and bipartisan poster here or anywhere else on the internet I submit this article for discussion.

1) What should happen to this guy for putting his community at risk?

2) Do you think that this guy supports or opposes Trump?
1. He has been charged with unlawful assembly and violating a public health emergency order and should get the maximum sentence on conviction. Perhaps he could also be charged with reckless endangerment or attempted manslaughter.

2. No idea. If I had to guess I’d say he probably supports Trump. Edit: I see that he does in fact support Trump.

Last edited:

As the most impartial and bipartisan poster here or anywhere else on the internet I submit this article for discussion.

1) What should happen to this guy for putting his community at risk?

2) Do you think that this guy supports or opposes Trump?
The real headline:

Religious leader arrested for preaching, left cheers.